ADDING UNITs TO C3C: Thorough Guide for the Newbie

I will check for hidden spaces. Thanks.

Hi, I'm new.
I'm pretty computer illiterate, but i tried following the instructions exactly to use the Panda unit I downloaded.
But nothing i've done seems to get recognized. In the Conquests editor, when i say add new unit, i type the name in, the unit just ends up being called PRTO_Panda and I can only select from the unit pictures that are already there, not the new one.
So, when I go into the game itself, the unit is called PRTO_Panda and looks like whatever unit i ended up choosing because the Panda wasnt there!

does that make sense?
anyway, if you know what i'm doing wrong, please let me know.

Originally posted by Satori
Hi, I'm new.
I'm pretty computer illiterate, but i tried following the instructions exactly to use the Panda unit I downloaded.
But nothing i've done seems to get recognized. In the Conquests editor, when i say add new unit, i type the name in, the unit just ends up being called PRTO_Panda and I can only select from the unit pictures that are already there, not the new one.
So, when I go into the game itself, the unit is called PRTO_Panda and looks like whatever unit i ended up choosing because the Panda wasnt there!

does that make sense?
anyway, if you know what i'm doing wrong, please let me know.

Hi Satori,

What you did was type "PRTO_Panda" for the new unit name and didn't enter that name into the "Civilopedia Entry" portion. Instead, change the name to merely "Panda" and make sure to add "PRTO_Panda" to the Civilopedia Entry box. If you followed the rest of the turorial, it should work fine.

--CK

Hi Kraken i have followed your tutorial but i still have a problem
my new unit the challenger 1 can only be played when i use my scenario but when i start a new game i cant use the tank what should i do

Kraken i have found out how to use my scenario as a game
but now i have a new problem when i start the game and make my first city the game suddenly stopt when the city screen pops up what should i do??

i did all u said, and btw that was quite fantastic of u to spend your time making a tutorial, but how the heck do i get my mod to work as a new game?? im a friggin newb i know.

also i added a mig15 it shows up in C3C editor with its picture, but im wondering: my units in the pediaions goes to 65 do i have to name mine 66miglarge.pcx??

Originally posted by Persia
but now i have a new problem when i start the game and make my first city the game suddenly stopt when the city screen pops up what should i do??

Have you made more modifications in your scenario other than adding unit(s)?

Originally posted by VON GORDO
i did all u said, and btw that was quite fantastic of u to spend your time making a tutorial, but how the heck do i get my mod to work as a new game?? im a friggin newb i know.

Thanks, it was fun to do the tutorial. When you start Civ III: C3C, open up what I think is called (I'm doing it from memory) User Content or something like that, then you'll be able to select your scenario.

also i added a mig15 it shows up in C3C editor with its picture, but im wondering: my units in the pediaions goes to 65 do i have to name mine 66miglarge.pcx??

Name your pedia icon whatever you like. But, yes, you have to list it in the text document "PediaIcons" so that Civ knows what pictures your new unit corresponds to for the tech tree and Civilopedia.

--CK

Have you made more modifications in your scenario other than adding unit(s)?

No i only added a new unit??

Originally posted by Persia

Originally posted by VON GORDO
DOH!! same prob here as persia

Do both of you have a unit that is available at scenario start? If so, then it is probably an error in that unit that is causing the city screen to crash. The city screen is trying to open showing the picture of your new unit, but it can't because there is some missing information.

Hmm . . . strange.

Do both of you have a unit that is available at scenario start? If so, then it is probably an error in that unit that is causing the city screen to crash. The city screen is trying to open showing the picture of your new unit, but it can't because there is some missing information.

Hmm . . . strange.

No its a tank that is available in the modern age??

Here's a warning ...

Though you can add units from the C3C Conquests into your game with ..\..\..\..\..\Conquests\WWII in the Pacific\Art\Units\Unitname\unitname.flc pasted into a copied ini in your game\art\units folder ... it will crash the game if there is a space in the unitname.flc (eg - x_japaneseRM run.flc)

I found this out the hard way after 2 days trying to get the Japanese Carrier to work :D

Any way around this?

Your guide was great, however my stupidity is even greater, I suppose...
:cry: :cry:

I have been trying to add Crossbowman (from the unit library) into a scenario. This thread will give you the gist of problems I have had http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=88221

I have used Zulu's Unit_32 file

The crossbowman still only has a partial circle at his feet and cuts off 1/2 the opponent he is attacking. (I can easily live with this).

Problem, unless I start a different scenario, bust out and then start my scenario the game crashes. If I start the scenario as I described and then save, it seems to be OK. What in the world is going on? :crazyeye: :wallbash:

I figured it out!

:wallbash: :wallbash:

I can't believe it was so simple:

[punch]

As great as your thread is, you forgot one incredibly important detail: you must add a ';' semi-colon after the file name when you set it in the Scenario properties.

I realize that you must do this as a matter of course, but I had no idea. I was browsing through the various guide threads and saw that little, critical piece of information.

Thanks for all your great work.

BTW, you should probably edit the instructions to remind everyone to add a semi after the "My Mod" in the scenario properties.

:goodjob:

rcoutme said:
As great as your thread is, you forgot one incredibly important detail: you must add a ';' semi-colon after the file name when you set it in the Scenario properties.

Actually, you only need to add a ";" to separate multiple entries. If there is only one entry, a semicolon is unnecessary.

I'm glad you resolved the issue. :goodjob:

Top Bottom