Adding Wonders - quick & dirty

Its strange, well ill send you the rest that you where missing one of the next day, but could you see if there is something wrong in the stuff i sent to you?

Really, it's actually very easy; just stick to what I write in the first post, in that exact order.

Anyway, here's the thing in .txt.
AK.

Attachments

• addingwonders.txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 168
It Work I added the Cantebury and another Wonder..

But then when i Added an third Wonder this happend:

Where did my Civ Entry go?

No. I've added about 25 buildings and wonders in my mod. No limit. I don't know what happened with that 3rd wonder though. Never had anything like that. Are you sure you kept the .pcx files at 256 colors, and didn't increase it to 16mio by accident ? Than you always get a black screen in civ.
Did you make an error in the size maybe ? I think if you paste 1 pixel line smaller etc . that it won't work (all building frames must be exactly the same size).
Did add a building, without the frame ???

etc. etc. etc.
Everything has to be very precise. You can make a 100 different small mistakes. Trial and error, man, and figuring it out yourself. I'm not going to address every little error like this. It's part of modding: trial , error, analysis, correction.
Start checking exactly what could be different from adding the other 2. Good luck.

For c3c once I took out the numbers in the pda text for the icons in the other buildings it worked fine without the numbers. I also found a larger pcx sheet and since I first read your tutorial I have added 30 buildings with ease. Your method worked sweet!

Originally posted by Sleepy Eyes
For c3c once I took out the numbers in the pda text for the icons in the other buildings it worked fine without the numbers. I also found a larger pcx sheet and since I first read your tutorial I have added 30 buildings with ease. Your method worked sweet!

May I ask where you found the larger pcx sheet or how to enlarge the pcx sheet.

Thanks
porthos

In PSP8, via Image>Canvas Size, enlarging height only and selecting the top middle arrow for "placement". That way, the extra size will be added at the bottom only.

I followed your instructions and was able to get tthe new buildings to work in the game but the icons are blank. There is nothing in the build que and once the building is built that is also blank. The only graphic i am able to get to work is the wonder splash. I pasted the graphics onto the sheet using gimp but when i go to select it in editor its blank there. Not sure whats going on, maybe im not pasting correctly. Thanx for your guide and if you have any ideas on what i am doing wrong i would appreciate it.

Top Bottom