ADDON :Revolution & DCM for Rise of Mankind

RevolutionDCM with IDW has been merged, tested and uploaded. It appears to be very stable but the court is out on what effect it will have on game balance in a Revolution and DCM context.
Cheers all you RoM players.

Hello glider1,

where do i find the "RevDCMIDW" file? Is it compatible with RoM 2.0 with the extraciv pack? I started a RoM RevDCM with extraciv, if i install your merge i can continue that save?

Thanks,

Konrad

Hello glider1,

where do i find the "RevDCMIDW" file? Is it compatible with RoM 2.0 with the extraciv pack? I started a RoM RevDCM with extraciv, if i install your merge i can continue that save?

Thanks,

Konrad
That's just the basic version of RevolutionDCM+IDW, it still needs to be converted to RoM2.0 just like Kalimakhus did it first time when he made his addon. So yeah, we need new addon version before it works with RoM 2.0.

Playtested RevDCMIDW last night for while - lost control of my empire in revolution.. :eek::lol:

@glider1

Thanks a lot for your hard work. I've downloaded RevolutionDCM-0.6 and gonna give it a test drive on its own before attempting the merge. I will report back any findings in the mod's thread.

@Everybody

As Zappara mentioned Glider's version works as a separate mod for BTS. You can download it here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=8322 . The discussion thread is here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=262937

I will work on preparing the new version for RoM ASAP.

The new RevolutionDCM Add-On for Rise of Mankind is available for download now.

Changes:
- Updated to include RevolutionDCM 0.6 by Glider (Check more details about RevolutionDCM here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=262937 )

Many thanks to Glider for his excellent job it sure made my task much easier.

Most noteworthy:
- Influence Driven War is now added. (Your feedback about how well it is integrated with both Revolution and DCM is highly appreciated).
- Revolution updated to version 1.42 (Besides other enhancements, You can now turn on\off components from the custom game screen).

This is still a beta release as I am aware that further work will be needed to better integrate these components into RoM. Your feed back will help a lot in this process. Hope everybody enjoys the Add-On.

PS.
- If you already installed the Extra Civs pack you will need to apply the patch that Zappara has kindly created after installing the Add-On. Link: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=6771455&postcount=5

Edit: While I never payed attention to such things it seems a little odd that with 573 downloads so far (throughout different versions), nobody thought of rating the download!! Rating is actually the easiest way to voice your opinion about the Add-On without the need for posting a whole message.

Thanks Kalimakhus!!:goodjob::goodjob:

Unforunately, my computer has a virus in it and I can't play Civilization.
(I using my old computer right now)

But as soon as the virus taken care of,
I'll give you some feedback.

Been thinking about future patches for RoM 2. I've been making little adjustments and bug fixes since I released RoM 2.0 so there will be patch 2.01 at some point. This patch won't be compatible with this RevolutionDCM addon ie. addon needs patch too. But after this first patch cycle, I'll start working on the next one, hopefully slightly bigger patch and if no any major issues have been found from Kalimakhus addon at that point, I'll merge it permanently to RoM 2 - that would be 2.1 or 2.2 patch (depending on how things progress during next couple months).

@Strategyonly

Thanks a lot for catching the missing Atomic issue. I attached a fixed Civ4UnitInfos.xml. It will be included in the coming patch as well. I will just wait for more issues to surface up.

The pink icons are RoM issue and I am sure Zappara has taken a note of your post.

@Zappara

If there won't be any other SDK components that you would like to add to RoM, integrating this Add-On should work nicely. Currently the DLL is the same that comes with RevolutionDCM by Glider, so if any of the components gets updated it will all be Python and XML merging. In fact IDW is not likely to be updated, DCM shouldn't be updated for quite a while as Dale has a lot on his plate currently. Only Revolution is expected to get updated frequently.

On the other hand I still think that some little SDK components out there would fit nicely into RoM. There are a couple by Shqyp namely Vicinity Resources, and Population Limit for buildings and units. There is also one component that allows setting building upgrade chains right in the XML. This last one wasn't updated to work with BTS AFAIK, but it won't be that difficult to update it.

On the other hand I still think that some little SDK components out there would fit nicely into RoM. There are a couple by Shqyp namely Vicinity Resources, and Population Limit for buildings and units. There is also one component that allows setting building upgrade chains right in the XML. This last one wasn't updated to work with BTS AFAIK, but it won't be that difficult to update it.
There's actually lots of those mod component that add new XML tags to almost everything, buildings, techs, civics, units, promotions... would be nice to have most of them in RoM so that more different kinds of things could be made. I can live without those new xml tags since I can't myself add any of them, but if you or someone else feels up to the task you'll make me a one happy man :D One new upcoming mod really did catch my attention and it's Dom Pedro II's Conqueror's Delight which seems to add LOTS of good stuff as xml tags. See Conqueror's Delight website for more detailed info. I was shocked when I saw the added stuff in that mod.

I've been asked also if I could convert RoM to World of Civilization's format ie. make it modular - I've actually attempted merge RoM with WoC few times but abandoned as I was just getting CTDs all the time and v2.0 progress got delayed by it - so I'm thinking about the conversion to WoC but it might be just too much modding work for me to do as I want to continue soon with my next modding project which has been on hold over half year now (it's just on design stage).

@Zappara

I had a look at Dom Pedro II's new work and it sure seems quite big. It seems that his work or at least some of it will be integrated in WoC. I believe that if this Civ4 Modding community is going to thrive for several years to come, WoC will take a central role at some point. My belief however is that it might be easier to build a mod on WoC as a base rather than to port a mod to WoC. In the case of a huge mod like RoM this can be too much work. The advantages on the other hand are numerous. You will have a great number of extra XML tags to play with. You will be able to use a large number of resources, religions, and corporations without worrying about the #$%^^&%^ GameFont files. All external components that your fans ask you to integrate into the mod will be there with a convenient way to turn on\off any of them. you won't worry about merging, or updating them. In short this project once in a stable usable state will be the modders heaven, and I expect that it will allow more modpacks and modcomps to be created.

It however depends on what you feel you like to do next. If you think it is time for you to move on to a new project, then by all means go for it. We are all here for fun in the first place so if you are gonna have more fun working on your next project you should get started on it. In the end of the day there will be something for us all to enjoy and I am quite sure that whatever you have in mind will be yet another great mod like RoM.

I couldn't agree more about what you said about WoC. I've been thinking the same way for months now - WoC is very good platform to make mod collection by yourself just by adding modules to it. Converting RoM to it just depends on how far we want to develop this mod - I can see myself playing it for years to come so I guess there will be more features added too during that time and having it in WoC format would be beneficial ;)

What comes to my other "little" project - it still would take months for me to design most features for it (harder to design than RoM) and it would take probably year to have the actual mod working - it's fantasy mod and base for this mod would be RoM (techtree cut down and expanded with fantasy elements). Been thinking that it would be easier to make if I had RoM in WoC format. But that's all I'm going to say about that mod at this point. ;)

Anyway, for now I'm concentrating on patching RoM 2.0 and having fun playing. :)

I found out that the Civ4UnitInfos.xml I posted earlier to add the Atomic unit from DCM actually has a problem. For some reason the combat type set for the unit originally is COMBAT_AIR which doesn't make sense as the unit works as ICBMs. The problem however is that RoM doesn't have such thing as COMBAT_AIR because it adds several types of combat to replace it. Anyway, I am so sorry for this mistake. Attached to this message is a fixed xml file. It should go into Rise of Mankind\assets\xml\units\ folder.

Once again this fix along with other minor issues fixes will be included in a next patch. I intend to hold on releasing this patch till Zappara releases his patch as well.

Hi Kalimakhus.

First a great thank you for this great MOD and Add-on with 48 new civs.
I just have some questions though because I tried to make my own scenario from a premade world map.
I used the civ change option my holding down ctrl-shift-p to change some of the existing civs to the new ones from the add-on.
That went pretty fine so I saved the game as a scenario and reloaded it from the main menu. But when I have to choose a civ, then they all have the same names as before I changed them. The only thing that have changed is the leaderhead and unique units and buildings? The civs and the leaders still have the original names, before the change and the units in the game are also named with the old civ?
Example: I changed the french to etruscans. The "new" etruscans are still pronounced "french" and the flag is the same (I know you are working on the flags though). Is there a way i can change the old civ and leader names to the new ones?

Aragorn7

@Aragorn7

You can edit that map file in Notepad (it's plain text file). When you edited those Civs it probably didn't change all info for them in the map file so you'll have to manually edit them in Notepad.

@Aragorn7

First you seem to mix between me and Zappara. Zappara is the creator of Rise of Mankind mod as well as the Extra 48 Civs Add-On. My Add-On incorporates Glider's RevolutionDCM into RoM. However as ChangeCiv is actually a part of RevolutionDCM you still posted your question in the right place.

I haven't tried the ChangeCiv component before so I am not sure if there is actually something wrong with it or you simply needed to do something more before saving the game as a scenario to get civs data saved properly. I will try to look into this. For the time being as Zappara said you can open the file in Notepad and change things there. It is really quite simple. BTW, most of the data saved in the file for civs are not needed for the scenario to work well you can remove some while you are there also set the time limit to 0 so you may play the game with a different speed than the original one. I do that for games I feel are too good to play them on normal speed so I save the initial AutoSave as a scenario and play it on Marathon.

OOSes a lot when you have revolution turned on in multiplayer

all players get the revolution popups ( including options) even if they dont even own the city that is pushing for revolt.

Founding more than one religion is way too hard and stupid with Revolution on. The -negative Religion penalty for owning a holy city that is not the state religion is prettymuch insurmountable, and I'm a bit tired of having fifteen garrisoning units plus every culture structure I could possibly build and still having cities in the core of my empire become French, only to meekly ask to return to me 15 turns later due to overwhelming culture pressure. Of course all the . .. .. .. .ing buildings I had in there etc no longer work when that happens.

Stack Attack causes the game's UI to stop responding, can't even ESC out to main menu, but the game does not fully crash out.

Revolution needs to be seriously overhauled to work with RoM and IDW well.

First: Having multiple religons should not affect a city seriously.
Second: The effects of IDW should be taken into account.
Third: Turn off Battle effects.
I'm sure there is several other things that also need to be changed.

Top Bottom