Adjusted and improved the Dynamic civ name system

ShinobiHus92

Chieftain
Heey everyone,

I want to announce that I have made some slight changes with the Dynamic names for certain civs. I've felt that it could use some improvements (hope Leoreth doesn't mind)

What I was trying to achieve with it is to try to make certain civs going through their own historically period as accurate as possible. This of course is a personal preference, but I just love when you play the game and as times goes by the Civ's name also changes, and not only for you as the player but also for the AI. It gives the world a bit lively feel to it.

It's almost like you check the other civ and suddenly a different title pops up. What happened to them? Did a different dynasty took over? Was there a civil war? Did it changed from religion? That was the approach I took by changing a bit with the Dynamic system. Also I want in the end game that most civs ends with their modern names and titles instead of empires, caliphates, khanates etc

I just want to let you guys know that this is purely amateur made. I am no expert in coding, all I did was copying or changing certain titles for each Civ. It's actually not very hard and everyone with basic knowledge can do it.

Just wanted to share this with you guys that's all, however perhaps not everyone will like it since gameplay wise especially early game time flows really fast. Maybe some people likes certain titles a Civ has and suddenly 4 turns further and it has a completely different name. It can also feel a bit chaotic sometimes with all these name changes so again perhaps not for everyone. :D

Also this only works for the 1.16.3 update so if you haven't downloaded it I recommend doing that first.
I also highly recommend keeping the old files just in case just name it like DynamicNamesold, DynamicCivsold etc after that simply overwrite the new ones.

New files contains: DynamicNames, DynamicNames_Egypt, DynamicNames_Babylonia, DynamicNames_Moors,
DynamicNames_Ethiopia, DynamicNames_Netherlands, DynamicNames_Mongolia, DynamicNames_Japan and DynamicCivs

Instructions

1. Download the DynamicNames, DynamicNames_Egypt, DynamicNames_Babylonia, DynamicNames_Moors,
DynamicNames_Ethiopia, DynamicNames_Netherlands, DynamicNames_Mongolia, DynamicNames_Japan and DynamicCivs

2. Paste the folders
''DynamicNames, DynamicNames_Egypt, DynamicNames_Babylonia, DynamicNames_Moors,
DynamicNames_Ethiopia, DynamicNames_Netherlands, DynamicNames_Mongolia, DynamicNames_Japan'' into: RFC Dawn of Civilization / Assets / XML/Text/DynamicNames

3. Convert the DynamicCivs txt file into a py file by opening it and then save as DynamicCivs.py

4. Paste the folder ''DynamicCivs'' into: RFC Dawn of Civilization / Assets / Python

Attachments

• DynamicNames_Egypt.xml
    8.1 KB · Views: 70
  • DynamicNames_Babylonia.xml
    7.9 KB · Views: 41
  • DynamicNames.xml
    13.8 KB · Views: 41
  • DynamicNames_Moors.xml
    7.5 KB · Views: 38
  • DynamicNames_Ethiopia.xml
    5.7 KB · Views: 35
  • DynamicNames_Netherlands.xml
    8.2 KB · Views: 39
  • DynamicNames_Mongolia.xml
    10.7 KB · Views: 59
  • DynamicCivs.txt
    66.8 KB · Views: 44
  • DynamicNames_Japan.xml
    5.6 KB · Views: 39
These are the changes I made

Egypt

Ancient era: Egypt starts as the Old Kingdom --> 2050BC Middle Kingdom --> 1550BC New Kingdom

Classical era onwards: Just Kingdom of Egypt

If Egypt runs City states: Disunited Egyptian States

I've renamed the city states name for Egypt. Unlike the ancient Greeks and Mesopotamians I don't think ancient Egypt had really the concept of city states, however there where intermediate periods where the country was disunited in small kingdoms or states.

If religion is Orthodoxy: Coptic Kingdom of Egypt (If you want to play ahistorical)

If religion is Islam: Sultanate of Egypt or if it also runs with theocracy then Caliphate of Egypt (Not Resurrected Egypt)

Resurrected names stays the same

Global era with Islam as state religion: Arab Republic of Egypt no state religion or different religion just regular Republic of Egypt.

Babylonia
For the Babylonian civ it feels like a complete overhaul. For starters I didn't name it Babylonian civ anymore, but simply the Mesopotamians also it's culture name is Mesopotamian. It's almost like a create a new Civ out of it. (I didn't of course but it feels like it)

Ancient era:
It starts as City states if it settles 1 more city it changes to Sumerian Empire --> 2330BC Akkadian empire --> 1890BC Babylonian Empire. Assyrian Empire will exist if capital is in Ninua or Kalhu.

Classical era onwards: Neo Babylonian Empire or Neo Assyrian Empire

Arabia
Medieval era: starts as the Rashidun Caliphate--> 750AD Abbasids Caliphate
Capital Damascus: Umayyad Caliphate

Moors/Morocco
Like the Babylonians and Egypt it's name title changes as times goes on

Medieval era onwards if it's capital is in the Maghreb area:
If it's empire status: Almoravid Empire--> 1120AD Almohad Caliphate (Almoravids get overthrown)
-->1240AD (Marinids overthrowns the Almohads) Marinid Sultanate

Renaissance era: Saadi Sultanate--> 1650AD Alouite Sultanate

Industrial era onwards: Sultanate of Morocco--> 1912AD Kingdom of Morocco (gets its modern title)

Persia
Classical era: 150BC Parthian Empire

Mughal
Medieval era onwards: Even as empire it stays as Sultanate of Delhi

Renaissance era onwards: Mughal Empire

Turks
Corrected it's resurrected names
Medieval era: Timurid Empire

Renaissance era: Shaybanid Empire

Ethiopia
Medieval era onwards: Kingdom of Abyssinia--> 1900AD Kingdom of Ethiopia (gets its modern title)

Netherlands
Renaissance era: Republic of the Seven United Netherlands

Industrial era onwards with empire status: Dutch Empire--> 1940AD Kingdom of the Netherlands
The Dutch Empire title was pretty much dead after Germany and Japan invaded its territories so 1940AD reflects that by just calling it its modern title

Global era if it runs democracy: Dutch Republic
Republic of the Seven United Netherlands was an old title so for the modern name just Dutch Republic

England
Renaissance era onwards if it's an empire: Brittish Empire--> 1970AD United Kingdom of Great Brittain
Even though the Brittish Empire officially ended in 1997 I found 1970AD to be a better date since around that time it's title already holds no meaning after WW2 and decolonization period

Spain
Medieval era onwards if it's an empire: Spanish Empire--> 1900AD Kingdom of Spain again
The Spanish Empire title didn't held much meaning after the Spanish-American war

Rome
Medieval era will still be called Roman Empire/Western Roman Empire even if it has 1 city
Representing the fall of the Roman Empire

China
Classical era: Qin Empire-->200BC Han Empire (beginning of the Han Dynasty)

Renaissance era onwards if it's an empire: Empire of the Great Ming-->1650AD Empire of the Great Qing
(Manchu conquest, Fall of the Ming Dynasty)

Korea
1400 AD onwards: Kingdom of Greater Joseon

Japan
Renaissance era: Tokugawa Shogunate

Mongolia
If it's capital is in China and empire: Empire of the Great Yuan Dynasty

Tibet
Classical era: Starts as the Tibetan Empire-->850AD Kingdom of Tibet (Fall of the Tibetan Empire)

Medieval era onwards: Kingdom of Tibet but it can be Tibetan Empire again through normal gameplay, conquest etc

Thailand
Industrial era onwards: Kingdom of Siam-->1940AD Kingdom of Thailand (gets its modern name)

Spoiler Egypt new dynamic names :
Egypt no states.png
Coptic kingdom egypt.png
Sultanate Egypt.png
Caliphate of Egypt.png
Arab Republic Egypt.png

Spoiler Babylonia new names :
Babylonia Sumeria.png
Akkadian babylonia.png

Spoiler Mongolia new name :
Mongolia Yuan.png

Spoiler Ethiopia new name :