Advice Thread VI (The Finale for a while)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caesar of Bread

Trans Gordon Ramsay
Alrighty. On Friday, I will be leaving the forums for at least two weeks, probably up to 3 months.
But one question still remains:
- Should I give up on trying to become romantic partners with the true love of mine, and accept defeat and even more humiliation?
- Or should I continue a useless struggle?
Also, information about me was leaked to my grade. Now people laugh at me and hate me even more than they used to.

Thanks,
Alex

Alrighty. On Friday, I will be leaving the forums for at least two weeks, probably up to 3 months.
For the best. Too much internet is bad for kids, you need RL relationships.
- Should I give up on trying to become romantic partners with the true love of mine, and accept defeat and even more humiliation?
Sounds like you answered your own question.

I met my current partner @ 41 and tho I love her & will likely marry her the "true love" concept still feels a bit corny to me.

Even if you believe it's some sort of objective truth it's highly unlikely some chick you met @ 13 is "it".
Also, information about me was leaked to my grade. Now people laugh at me and hate me even more than they used to.
So you've filtered out all the haters and you can be friends w people who aren't lil gossip girls.
Thanks,
Alex
Sure. Now go make friends & stop asking internet weirdos about social skills, if we had em we wouldn't be on here so much.

For the best. Too much internet is bad for kids, you need RL relationships.
I don't go on internet usually. It's the school computer I use.
Sounds like you answered your own question.
How?
I met my current partner @ 41 and tho I love her & will likely marry her the "true love" concept still feels a bit corny to me.

Even if you believe it's some sort of objective truth it's highly unlikely some chick you met @ 13 is "it".
Chick?
So you've filtered out all the haters and you can be friends w people who aren't lil gossip girls.
But how?
Sure. Now go make friends & stop asking internet weirdos about social skills, if we had em we wouldn't be on here so much.
I have a couple friends.

You said it's useless.
Like dude but female
Those they aren't rejecting you over something they heard are potentially friendworthy. It's easy for me to say I haven't been in school in decades & being outcast sucks but you get to learn the truth about people that the MIlgram & Stanford prison experiments taught us that majority people don't have integrity & will go w the crowd/path of least resistance. You get to feel that in your bones. But there are always those who rise above.
I have a couple friends.
Cool bro. You're doing better than me. I'm a stranger in a strange land.

I dig the romantic ideals and whatnot, why live, after all? But unrequited love really isn't the destination to stop at overlong.

Thanks,
Alex
We'll miss you. When you return, you can say 'hi, I'm back" in the Comings & Goings thread that's pinned in OT.

If this 'true love' hasn't returned your interest, I suggest backing off for awhile. You're still young, and this may just not be the right time for either of you.

Continuing useless struggles leads to stress, which isn't good for people of any age.

Drop by A&E or PM me when you get back. I've got plans for some writing-related threads (still in drafting stage, but hopefully will be posted soon).

Does this girl take the same bus as you?

On Friday, I will be leaving the forums for at least two weeks, probably up to 3 months.

What does this mean for IoT!

We'll miss you. When you return, you can say 'hi, I'm back" in the Comings & Goings thread that's pinned in OT.
Thanks. I'll be missing y'all too. Some members of the forums that have been really great to me are in the spoiler below:

If this 'true love' hasn't returned your interest, I suggest backing off for awhile. You're still young, and this may just not be the right time for either of you.
ok.
Continuing useless struggles leads to stress, which isn't good for people of any age.
I already have a lot of stress!
Drop by A&E or PM me when you get back. I've got plans for some writing-related threads (still in drafting stage, but hopefully will be posted soon).
Thanks. I have an idea for a murder mystery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom