AG13 - OCC Demigod

Yeah, forests with lux wont have BG in a random game (can be edited to have it).. so that leaves just one possible forest :)

TimBentley said:
lurker's comment: The industrious shield doesn't come until size 13. I've only looked into settling on grassland and BG.
Hmm.. guess the civliopedia is wrong then.. it says: "... and the center city square of all cities produces extra shields in cities and metros"

We can also grow for a bit then starve for a bit. If we grow at say 5 a turn, making 15+ shields for two turns, and then starve for 10 turns at 30 shields, we can make 11 Horsemen in 12 turns. It requires a lot of workers to switch quickly, so it probably wouldn't be that good fo course.

Since the CFC search feature is still disabled (making CFC a so-so site), I can give you a link where I posted the ultimate reference for city tiles, at least to my knowledge. ;) Here here here. To be read like a processing code.

kryszcztov said:
Since the CFC search feature is still disabled (making CFC a so-so site), I can give you a link where I posted the ultimate reference for city tiles, at least to my knowledge. ;) Here here here. To be read like a processing code.
That explains a lot

Krys, thanks for the info. I think you are a great guy, but I really don't care what you think of CFC. Even or especially when you tell us every other post ;)

The Turnlog:

IHT: We are making 27 spt. I switch a couple of laborers to work on sea tiles and get us more income. We now earn 3 gpt more (34 gpt).

We sell Engineering to Persia for 25 gpt and 947 gold.

IT: Horse->horse

Turn 1 (530 BC) The Persians get Monotheism.

IT: Sumeria starts Sun Tzu. Hittites start Great Wall.

Turn 2 (510 BC) Zzzzz

IT: Horse->horse

Turn 3 (490 BC) Zzzzz

IT: Hittites lose 3 warriors vs Sumeria.

Turn 4 (470 BC) Zzzzz

IT: Now the Hittites lose two spears. But their archer and spear win battles as well. Horse->horse.

Turn 5 (450 BC) Zzzzz

IT: Sumeria and Hittites keep fighting. I see a brave Hittite warrior kill a Sumerian sword!

Turn 6 (430 BC) Zzzzz

IT: Sumeria is winning the battle vs the Hittites.

Turn 7 (410 BC) Persia now also has Invention. 5/5 horse vs 1/4 sword: 1-1, horse wins. [1-0]

IT: Persia finishes Sun Tsu.

Turn 8 (390 BC) Zzzzz

IT: 3 MDI and 2 swords are at our borders. One Enkidu nears our city. Horse->Treb

Turn 9 (370 BC)

4/5 horse vs 3/3 Enkidu: 1-3, Horse retreats
4/4 horse vs 2/3 Enkidu: 2-0, Horse wins. [2-0]

IT: Sumeria asks straight peace, but we have a MA with the Dutch. They decide to split the troops. Part of it goes to us, part of it goes to the Hittites. We have to face 2 MDI and 1 sword.

Turn 10 (350 BC) Zzzzz

IT: Hittites and Persia sign an alliance vs the Dutch! Persia starts Knights Templar!! Treb->treb.

Turn 11 (330 BC) Treb takes a HP from a reg MDI.

4/4 horse vs 3/3 sword on hill: 1-3, horse retreats.
4/4 horse vs 3/3 MDI on hill: 1-3, horse retreats.
4/4 horse vs 2/3 MDI on hill: 2-1, horse wins.
4/4 horse vs 2/3 MDI on hill: 2-2, horse wins and promotes.
4/4 horse vs 2/3 MDI on hill: 2-1, horse wins. This was a good day [party] [5-0]

IT: Hittites lose Tyrana to Sumeria.

Turn 12 (310 BC) Persia is very rich. But we have twice as much.

IT: 3 swords, and Enkidu and a MDI enter our lands. Treb->treb.

Turn 13 (290 BC) Sumeria now also has Monotheism.

IT: Sumeria joins another MDI in the SOD, which now climbs a hill NW of our capital. Persia demands silks. I accept. Silks would only give us 70 gold anyway... We get Mono from TGL.

Turn 14 (270 BC) Persia is the only civ with Invention and Chivalry.

2 trebs take a HP from vet swords.
5/5 horse vs 4/4 sword on hill: 4-2, horse wins.
5/5 horse vs 4/4 Enkidu on hill: 4-1, horse wins.
4/4 horse vs 3/3 sword on hill: 3-0, horse wins.
4/4 horse vs 3/4 sword on hill: 0-4, sword wins.
4/4 horse vs 3/4 sword on hill: 3-3, horse wins.
4/4 horse vs 3/3 MDI on hill: 3-2, horse wins.
4/4 horse vs 3/3 MDI on hill: 0-3, sword retreats.
4/4 horse vs 3/3 sword on hill: 3-3, horse wins. [11-1]

Another lucky break. Only one loss! I expected more retreats and losses, but overall a good outcome. We have 3 horses still ready for action. But they have no target.

IT: Sumeria finishes the Great Wall :mad: Treb->horse.

Turn 15 (250 BC)

3 trebs try to hit a MDO on a mountain. Only one manages to take a HP.
4/4 horse vs 3/3 Enkidu: 1-4, Enkidu wins.
4/4 horse vs 3/3 Enkidu: 2-2, horse wins.
4/4 horse vs 3/3 MDI: 3-3, horse wins.
4/4 horse vs 3/3 MDI: 3-0, horse wins. [14-2]

The Sumerians have the Great Wall. That is a big drawback indeed :( It appears that they won't be running away with the game that easily though. We also have the Persians. The Dutch are doing 2CC, to compete with us. They will probably be dead soon.

I would have liked us thinking about attacking Sumeria soon, but tbh now they have walls I guess we have to wait for Sipahi. Unless we can can get ourselves iron. We have a lot of money: 2463 gold.

I also think that we can forget 20K... We are not able to keep up with Persia and Sumeria in the wonder-race it seems. Especially when we also want to weaken them militarily. That said: our city has twice the culture of nr 2.

250 BC save

Attachments

• AG14-250BCmap.JPG
    AG14-250BCmap.JPG
    153.5 KB · Views: 248
I played 15 turns while at war, but they were not very difficult. Those 10 turns are more meant for Industrial wars.

ROSTER (15 turns in peace time, 10 turns when at war):
Aggie (just played)
Microbe (up)
ThERat (on deck)
Gyathaar
Greebley
LKendter

Despite our help Sumeria is still hurting the Hittites. :eek:
What would have happenned if we totally ignored them?

A daring move may be needed. A MA with Persia vs Sumeria. Persia almost finished the campaign vs the Dutch, so their troops need other diversions.

Most important thought behind it is that the Persians and Sumerians will not be able to trade this way and also hopely will get into some sort of stalemate, resulting in a slower growth of both tribes. The Persians have knights, able to beat the Sumerians spears behind walls (no, they have Immortals and lack horses!!).

I think that we can handle the Sumerian invasion... As long as we pay gpt it should be ok. Gpt, because Persia will surely break the deal at one point.

EDIT: looking at the map more closely I see that the Persians don't have horses, but Sumeria has a town just south of them with a source. This might complicate things :(

we should try and raze those 3 Sumer towns (Adana as well once it's Sumer), connect iron and upgrade, if that's possible.

btw, if we now mine the cows, we can get to 30spt while starving a little. but we can do that and maximise output

preturn: I pay 38gpt and MA with Persia.

230BC: I switch to market due in 4 turns. I'll let AI fight a bit before we take offense.

210BC: Kill 2 MDIs and 2 archers.

190BC: Kill a few more units and lose a horse.

170BC: Kill 2 more.

IBT market -> horse.

150BC: Kill 4 more MDIs. The killing zone works perfect.

IBT Netherlands and Sumeria make peace.

130BC: sign RoP with Hitties.

110BC: elite horse kill redlined archer..

I use it to rush cathedral.

90BC: Persia has got Theology. :(

IBT Persia kills 2 EW. It builds Knights Templar. :(

70BC: there are 2 reg EWs in Tyrana but we lose 3 horses in killing it including two elites. We gain 3 slaves.

IBT Dutch is destroyed.

50BC: we have 20% WW.

10AD: Inca and Persia MA vs Sumeria.

30AD: Persia has iron for sale for 11gpt. But Harran might fall soon.

IBT Sumeria razes Hittie town to our east. We get Chivalry.

50AD: note, we can buy iron now and start building knights, or we could wait for a couple of turns for Harran to be razed, and create iron colony.

Persia is going to be a big problem. It researches too fast. We need to turn the tide at some point. We have 5 turn MA left.

Attachments

• AG13-50AD.zip
    133.3 KB · Views: 53
Aggie said:
Microbe, do you know you are up? Not that you are too late with your 'got it', but I was used to you taking the game the moment that it was available...

I can tell you were away for too long. :) Things are a bit different now.

ok, got it, will play late tonight or tomorrow

one stupid question though
50BC: we have 20% WW.
how can you actually tell how many %. the amount you need to increse lux?

save

Pre-turn
see that the cows are still not mined, so no 30spt possible. will change that, we do not need growth now since we are at 12pop

IT Harran is Persian, this is not good. but we can connect iron

1.70AD
send workers to road forrest to connect iron

IT Persians send a lot of units inot Harran. and in the end the town flips, that will hurt, at least 5 immortals and 2 AC's gone. what a twist :goodjob:

2. 90AD
time to move in and raze that town, move in many units on hill, see 5 Sumer MDI behind it

IT MDI fight and lose outside town, then Harran gets attacks by Persian units we can't see, Sumer lose 2 units but hold the town :)
that's extremely lucky.

3. 110AD
attack, lose horse immediately, then beat 3 units and raze it, take 2 slaves, next turn we will have iron, change build to court for shields
adjust production so we get 70shields after 3 turns for a knight

IT Hittities move in the MDI and thus get the counters from Sumer not us, nice of them

4. 130AD
iron is online now, since it's within our borders. upgrade 2 spears and 3 horses

5. 150AD
upgrade another 3 horses, we have 7 knights now

IT our deal with Persia is up, do not renew. Persia must be still having GA since they are so strong now. That's why Sumer were so strong initially as well
our GA will come once we have sipahi.
I don't think we can match Persia at the moment knights against their GA immortals and AC, we better wait
Persia found Tyre and that will snatch the iron sooner or later :mad:

6. 170AD
chopped the forrest hoping for BG but it is just G. since we will lose iron again, mine cows
make peace with Sumer and get 72g and 35gpt, they must be desperate

IT wine now online
Inca learn theology, we will get that soon

7. 190AD
nth much

IT Sumer and Hittities sign peace
as expected we learn Theology

8. 210AD
Persia of course knows education, GL might soon be obsolete. guess Hittities will face our army once their border exands to take away horses

9. 230AD
nth much

10. 250AD
nothing

IT Kisurra founded to snatch our wine away

11. 260AD
tech pace is too slow and I fear Persia runs away, steal invention immediately and since they have gunpowder, steal that as well :D
they have chemistry also, we have 1400g left and make 100gpt. they have salt to trade, but we have no MT yet
feel twice is enough luck for one round, better don't try 3 times

12. 270AD
we better get to MT as soon as possible, go for another steal and we get chemistry, finally Persia is not up any more :D
will now wait until they get metal or do we want to self research? we could get it in 19 turns, thats not worth the effort

IT Inca demand silks, but won't cave, they bugger off. I don't feel good about trading with Inca since the route goes through Hittite land and
we might have to fight them

13. 280AD nth much

IT Kissura gets razed and we get our wines back

15. 300AD nth much
kept on building knights since they upgrade to sipahi. Persia is up education and most likely more techs up that path, but we better save the money for metal and MT
we have now 10 knights, 1175g and make around 100gpt

our land

kept on building knights since they upgrade to Sipahi. Persia is up education and most likely more techs up that path, but we better save the money for metal and MT
Copernicus is NOT being built. They may not be further up that path. I don't know if it is the war, or lack of tech why they aren't building it.

We need to make a decision soon on Copernicus. Without it space race and 20K are not possible. We will be locked into conquest as the only viable option.

ROSTER (15 turns in peace time, 10 turns when at war):
Aggie
Microbe
ThERat (just played)
Gyathaar (up)
Greebley (on deck)
LKendter

Stunning steal luck :eek: I suggest to go for knights and MT and then attack Persia with our Sipahi.

I know that we like to have Copernicus, but I still lean towards going for MT asap. It's either one or the other. I think that we should get to our Super UU and GA asap to have the longest possible benefit from Sipahi. And OK, we might lose the iron, but for Sipahi we need horses and saltpeter.

Got it!
According to CivAssist we will end up with 17748 culture in 2050AD if we build no more culture buildings, so getting 20k victore is still possible (only problem would be preventing the AIs from getting victory before us if we are unable to win by conquest)

Top Bottom