AG9 - OCC Conquest (Monarch)

IT: WE from Karachi kills an ansar, but gets redlined

Turn 1 (1430 AD) Trebs redline the defense and two ansars kills a spear and WE in Karachi. The city is razed.

I'm going to pillage the iron tiles of India. They have two of them. After that follow the luxuries and then the core cities.

Turn 2 (1435 AD) Pillaging...

Turn 3, 4 (1440, 1445 AD) Pillaging and troop movmement to two cities...

IT: Greece soften up defense of Halircarnassus or something

Turn 5 (1450 AD) Crusader kills spear and Hali...is razed. One ansar lost while killing a spear wandering around.

Second iron pillaged. India can't build pikes or muskets anymore. Important :)

Turn 6 (1455 AD) Trebs miss the target, but two crusaders kill spears. New Lahore is razed.

IT: WE retreats vs our crusader.

Turn 7, 8 (1460, 1465 AD) Pillaging

Turn 9 (1470 AD) I am sending spare ansars in SoD's to the south. 6 of them reached Munich. One elite kills a musket and a vet kills a spear. Munich is razed.

Turn 10 (1475 AD) Pillaging... A mini SoD nears Pune.

IT: Two longbows and a WE attack the SoD. The longbows are killed, but the WE manages to eliminate a crusader :(

Turn 11 (1480 AD) The SoD near Pune retreats and hopes to survive...

IT: An ansar in the SoD of Pune is killed by a longbow.

Turn 12 (1485 AD) A fresh crusader joins the Pune SoD. 5 ansars continue the campaign in the south, after resting to heal.

IT: The new crusader in that SoD redlines a WE.

Turn 13 (1490 AD) 5 ansars arrive at New Calcutta.

Turn 14 (1495 AD) New Calcutta only had one musket. That one is killed by our first ansar. Lucky! New Calcutta is razed.
The 4 remaining ansars run towards Konigsberg.

Turn 15 (1500 AD) Kongisberg is defended by a spear.Two ansars are needed to kill him and we raze the city.
Brandenburg is the same story. But here an ansar is killed when razing the city.

Pillaging the core of India is going quite well, but there's still a lot to do there. Meanwhile our military almost finished razing the cities in the south east. After this I recommend to group them and then take cities from east to west.

I may have been a bit too hasty with Pune in this turn, but that is my nature, sorry :blush:

Attachments

• AG9-1500ADworldmap.JPG
    AG9-1500ADworldmap.JPG
    9.1 KB · Views: 87
microbe, you are right. We don't need the cathedral. But otoh I don't think it does matter at this time in the game. Money won't be an issue, because we will be building ansars until the end.

ROSTER:
Aggie
6thgentexan-->up
Microbe------->on deck
Grimjack
Ankka

Doesn't WLTKD produce something extra?

You may sell it, if you wish, but I already built it...

Ankka said:
Doesn't WLTKD produce something extra?

WLTKD reduces waste, which we have none, as an OCC.

Money is still important - we can rush units. 2gpt is like more than 10% of our income.

I'd have saved the leader for bank or even factory, if we go that far.

But all in all it goes very well, good job!

It only reduces waste?

We have good chances to get a leader by then if we ever even get that far. (banks/factories)

Does the WLTKD inprove our production? If so can we get to 30SPT?

I take it for now but I have a lot to do before leaving town on Tuesday. I let you know tomorrow by giving a short report of 10 turns of passing off to Microbe.

6gntxn

6thGenTexan said:
Does the WLTKD inprove our production? If so can we get to 30SPT?

Don't think so.

Note we can always use 29spt (?) and rush the remaining 3 shields at the last turn, which would cost 9g. I should have done so in my turns.

Good job taking out the cities. Once we have a unified front, we may start to really put the hurting on them.

I think the army is relatively safe as long as you do not stick it in our city. ( Or it gets redlined. )

Pillaging away Indias roads should greatly interfer with Indias ability to keep improvements. Also, I suspect they do not have so high troop support in MOnarchy, so we may even get a few freebie kills.

Grimjack

I'm going to take a skip here. I will not have time to play. I will be out until May 26 so I may not get another turn. HTe destruction of India seems to be going smoother than I thought. Good Luck Guys.

6thGenTexan

ROSTER:
Aggie
6thgentexan
Microbe------->Up
Grimjack------>On Deck
Ankka

I played 15 turns.

preturn: move crusader from mountain to dyes to protect from barbs.

I keep the cathedral for now.

IBT Barb horse/warrior attack our ansur which loses 3hp. Greece starts Shakespear.

(1)1505AD: Kill a spear in Pune. Move the rest of the units in.

IBT longbow retreats our ansur, another longbow loses to crusader, and WE kills it.

(2)1510AD: We raze Pune.

I sign RoP with Greece. Kill an WE and longbow. Pillage India's last iron. Totally disconnect India's capital from other cities.

IBT: saw 3 WEs moving.

(3)1515AD: Move units at the hill outside of New Bombay.

(4)1520AD: Lose one ansur and we autoraze Heidelburg.

(5)1525AD: Ansur loses to redline pike in the open! :mad:

I think the army can now start razing cities. I am moving it back.

(6)1530AD: Move units next to New Bombay.

IBT longbow retreats elite ansur, WE kills crusader.

(7)1535AD: Army kills a musket and a WE but turns yellow. Crusader and ansur kill pike and wounded WE and we raze New Bombay. We have Chemistry, but I don't sell as we don't need any techs except Military Tradition, and I don't want to speed up AI's research.

IBT WE loses to crusader but a longbow kills another.

(8)1540AD: healing.

(9)1545AD: Kill two spear and the last Indian city in the south is razed.

(IBT) an Indian longbow came out of the fog and destroyed our wines colony.

(10)1550AD: bombard and kill 2 musket, 1 longbow and 1 WE in the open.

IBT 2 barb horses promotes our ansur.

(11)1555AD: Greece has Chemistry. It's researching pretty fast now. Copernicus certainly helped. We need to be aware. But it has no horses or iron, so no worry.

(12)1560AD: Dacca is only defended by a long reg pike, so it's razed.

IBT longbow loses to elite crusader.

(13)1565AD: movement. I rush an ansur.

IBT another longbow loses to the same elite crusader.

(14)1570AD: More movement.

(15)1575AD: Raze Chittagong. Now we only need to worry about its core. Bombay is also razed by army and 2 ansurs.

Next: should we take out Delhi directly? It has Great Wall so taking it would make things a lot easier. If so, let the army heal and move the SoD to it.

Keep an eye on Greece. Pillage roads to prevent it from getting iron/saltpeter if needed. All in all looks like we are going to win. ;)

And..take good care of our army!

1575AD

The worldmap:

Ooops, I am up. Great job taking them out. I didn't really believe the tide could turn so fast, as I thought they would settle faster than we razed.

I will go to work tonight after I start off the Incan game.

Grimjack

Looks like the pillaging is working. :D

And Greece seems to be deep in building wonders and is not settling very fast... this may end quite fast.:)

Top Bottom