Against the Wall won't run & transfering trophies

Balzemon

Chieftain
Against the Wall will not run on my system. It causes Civ4 to stop responding. I've played (* to completion) several scenarios without trouble:

Grand Menagerie*
The Momus
Barbarian Assault*
Gift of Kylorin*

When I choose Against the Wall it never leaves the scenario selection screen. After a few seconds Windows7 minimizes the game to alert me that it has stopped responding. Does anyone have any suggestions for getting it to work?

Failing that, is there a way to transfer the list of trophies achieved and scenarios unlocked to another machine? If I could do that then I could play that scenario on another computer, unlock the last scenario, and then move back to the original computer.

Thank you for any assistance.

You may be able to launch the scenario directly from the scenario file. Those files are located in your "[path]\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Fall from Heaven 2\Assets\XML\Scenarios" folder (where [path] is the path to your installation of Civ IV). I don't know whether using this method will give you proper credit for completing the scenario.

-------------

To move your trophies to another computer, copy the Trophy folder from the source computer to the destination computer. The Trophy folder is located in "My Documents\My Games\Fall from Heaven 2".

I was able to run the scenario successfully by directly opening it. I'm not sure if I will get credit for it this way as I promptly got stomped. But that is a problem for another forum.

Thank you. :)

Hello, I've tried running it directly through the 'load game' thing. I usually can't even get to the scenarios, despite being able to find them outside of the game (the folder showed its self as empty and unable to be opened). When I just ran the game directly by putting in 'C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization iv beyond the sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Fall from Heaven 2\Assets\XML\Scenarios\Against The Wall.civbeyondswordwbsave' I get the error in the picture i attached!

The same thing happens for 'The Black Tower'.

Attachments

• errorog.jpg
    errorog.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 383
Sorry, I can't help you. I have no idea what that error means. :(

I was able to finish Against the Wall though, and I did get the trophy for it.

Hello, I've tried running it directly through the 'load game' thing. I usually can't even get to the scenarios, despite being able to find them outside of the game (the folder showed its self as empty and unable to be opened). When I just ran the game directly by putting in 'C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization iv beyond the sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Fall from Heaven 2\Assets\XML\Scenarios\Against The Wall.civbeyondswordwbsave' I get the error in the picture i attached!

The same thing happens for 'The Black Tower'.

Which patch are you using?

Best wishes,

Breunor

If the folder shows as empty and can't be opened, your install may have become corrupted somehow. Have you tried reinstalling?

You can try to open the scenario through worldbuilder, that worked well for me:

- start or load an FfH game, any game
- open the menu and click "enter worldbuilder", confirm
- click the 'load' button in the upper right of worldbuilder
- go to the scenarios folder and open the scenario file

I've had scenarios crash on load too, but opening them this way I've never had problems. And you'll get the trophy entries anyway.

You can try to open the scenario through worldbuilder, that worked well for me:

- start or load an FfH game, any game
- open the menu and click "enter worldbuilder", confirm
- click the 'load' button in the upper right of worldbuilder
- go to the scenarios folder and open the scenario file

I've had scenarios crash on load too, but opening them this way I've never had problems. And you'll get the trophy entries anyway.

Umm, I tried to find the scenarios folder, but did not see it.Is it under a different name/title/etc.?

Umm, I tried to find the scenarios folder, but did not see it.Is it under a different name/title/etc.?

On my computer, at least, the path for the FfH2 Scenarios folder is the following, so yours is probably something similar.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Fall from Heaven 2\Assets\XML\Scenarios

Top Bottom