AG's Tweaks Mod

Your changes sound subtle yet quite game changing, in a very good way (For me at least) to slow progression down for the first few eras.

I will definitely be trying your handiwork out once I settle on a balance with my current mod additions with VP as the concrete slab to build upon, due to the amount of changes it provides which really improves upon the vanilla game for the better.

In saying that, I find with the current iteration of VP, even on Marathon pacing has started to feel it moves along just a tad too fast due to the flooding of bonuses from all sources once you establish a foothold and initial policy/tech.

The one idea of your mod in particular that I find really intriguing is the worker/military unit cost food change until Medieval era. In my opinion that is pure genius as it would absolutely tie in historically, which I am a huge fan of!

One question of note for me is what alterations have you made upon barbarian units?
As I use the mod Barbarians Evolved (Without the addition of the barbarian civ and leader) to create a 'horde' of barbarians for the first couple of eras or so in an attempt to emulate what would have been the birth of civilization where those that were too violent for societies needs would have been pushed out of the cities as they were counter-productive to settling down for prosperous growth.

Side note: I would love to have a mod that would introduce a randomized/set percentage (Based upon population size) spawn chance of barbarian unit/s up to Medieval era or so to emulate the effect of the afore-mentioned expulsion of those that were deemed unfit for society, with a loss of one population for the associated city (Maybe capital only?) which would in turn make it more paramount to keep your military units a bit closer to home in defense.
Unfortunately due to real life circumstances that have led to a whole lot of stress, I just can't wrap my head around the coding aspect of it to try and implement it for myself.

I agree that the game starts moving very quickly in vanilla VP due to the yields you get. It starts to pick up pace very quickly and late-game buildings, tenets and bonuses don't help at all regardless of what gamespeed people play at. Sadly, balancing a mod for all gamespeed is pretty difficult so I'm actually unsure what Marathon will be like for my mod. I'm mostly focusing on Standard while making things feel a bit more like Epic. We'll see how that goes.

Regarding unit food costs and population cost, I have more eras I wanted to add and it feels weird with massive Cities early in the game. I wanted a better progression regarding how Cities grow so, in the ideal case, I can mod the Industrial Era to be when population explodes for Cities. I also want food to have a greater importance than what we see for vanilla VP.

It's interesting that you mentioned Barbarians. I do have plans on reworking them but I'm juggling with a bunch of concepts at the moment. The changes I've made resulted in conquering Cities being difficult if not impossible in the early stages. Therefore, I want some level of barbarian hordes that will make the early game tougher. It won't be losing City tougher but advancing forward will take more time. The idea will be Authority will be best geared and rewarded for fending off Barbarians while Tradition focuses on just the Capital and Progress will have a few core Cities they need to use to get ahead. This is all just the idea for now.

Given that units cost population too, I probably won't be going for spawn chance of barbarian units. I can simulate this by making barbarians stronger but we'll see how that goes. Lots of ideas and concepts and not enough coding to do proper tests. :)

Your thoughts and ideas are really interesting as it is quite in-line with what I feel with the current conception and momentum in VP, especially for population growth in the early eras.

Don't rush anything, let those ideas find the water in the soil so they can really take root and flourish!

In regards to human population, in the spoiler below is what I have taken to understand from historical findings. For anybody that reads it, please feel free to correct me if I am wrong or chime in with what you believe to be the case. I only be a layman with an interest in where we all come from :)
Spoiler If you want to read :

Historically speaking, human population really only kicked off slightly once agriculture was established, allowing for cultivation of root vegetables and grains which provided a more steady source of available food, with hunting becoming supplementary for survival. Following agriculture, animal husbandry further supplemented the supply of food and the human population again experienced an increase in growth rate.

Following animal husbandry, Religion itself started to really take root once humans started settling down and began to leave the nomadic hunter/gatherer lifestyle to farm and herd for a more readily available source of food (Technically thousands of years prior to Civilizations 4000 B.C.E start date in-game)

With the increasing human population becoming centralized in regions, religion began to play a dominant role as the average lifespan was less than 35 years or so, as well as the increasing division between the wealthy and poor. Agricultural techniques to manage the land to support the increasing human population was beginning to be exceeded in the Medieval Era.

During the medieval era, overpopulation in centralized regions and extenuating environmental factors such as climatic cold shifts (Particularly in European regions) over several decades provided the basis for poor harvest yields and disease in livestock. Decades of poor harvests resulting in famine and subsequent starvation. This resulted in record levels of crime/violence, what is known as and in my opinion, aptly named 'the Dark Ages'.

All of the factors contributed to an eventual decrease of global population of almost 50% of human population in the European region being lost (Some areas being as high as 80% in rural settings) The largest contributor being the black death in the mid 14th century. Human population growth started to regain its composure during the 15th century.

It was only after the advent of Industrialization which produced a refinement agricultural techniques which boosted crop yields that human population started to increase rapidly, following was the onset of modernized medicine the human population went through the roof with life expectancy just about doubling within the same era.

It is widely agreed upon that it took almost 200,000 years for human population to reach 1 billion and 200 years to reach 7 billion.

Your thoughts and ideas are really interesting as it is quite in-line with what I feel with the current conception and momentum in VP, especially for population growth in the early eras.

Don't rush anything, let those ideas find the water in the soil so they can really take root and flourish!

In regards to human population, in the spoiler below is what I have taken to understand from historical findings. For anybody that reads it, please feel free to correct me if I am wrong or chime in with what you believe to be the case. I only be a layman with an interest in where we all come from :)
Spoiler If you want to read :

Historically speaking, human population really only kicked off slightly once agriculture was established, allowing for cultivation of root vegetables and grains which provided a more steady source of available food, with hunting becoming supplementary for survival. Following agriculture, animal husbandry further supplemented the supply of food and the human population again experienced an increase in growth rate.

Following animal husbandry, Religion itself started to really take root once humans started settling down and began to leave the nomadic hunter/gatherer lifestyle to farm and herd for a more readily available source of food (Technically thousands of years prior to Civilizations 4000 B.C.E start date in-game)

With the increasing human population becoming centralized in regions, religion began to play a dominant role as the average lifespan was less than 35 years or so, as well as the increasing division between the wealthy and poor. Agricultural techniques to manage the land to support the increasing human population was beginning to be exceeded in the Medieval Era.

During the medieval era, overpopulation in centralized regions and extenuating environmental factors such as climatic cold shifts (Particularly in European regions) over several decades provided the basis for poor harvest yields and disease in livestock. Decades of poor harvests resulting in famine and subsequent starvation. This resulted in record levels of crime/violence, what is known as and in my opinion, aptly named 'the Dark Ages'.

All of the factors contributed to an eventual decrease of global population of almost 50% of human population in the European region being lost (Some areas being as high as 80% in rural settings) The largest contributor being the black death in the mid 14th century. Human population growth started to regain its composure during the 15th century.

It was only after the advent of Industrialization which produced a refinement agricultural techniques which boosted crop yields that human population started to increase rapidly, following was the onset of modernized medicine the human population went through the roof with life expectancy just about doubling within the same era.

It is widely agreed upon that it took almost 200,000 years for human population to reach 1 billion and 200 years to reach 7 billion.

Thanks for the kind words! I definitely won't be rushing anything. I'm just taking things a step at a time and make it as modular as possible.

If you have any ideas for earlier periods, I'm happy to hear about it. I do have plans to add eras before the standard Ancient Era but my current ideas aren't fleshed out yet.

I imagine keeping things modular would be a nightmare to handle for compatibility and balance initially, though would make things a lot easier to deal with when issues do arise once the dust has settled.
I like your idea of pre-Ancient Era eras, though not sure how one could do it without re-arranging the Ancient Era tech tree to accommodate for the inclusion of more eras.

I imagine keeping things modular would be a nightmare to handle for compatibility and balance initially, though would make things a lot easier to deal with when issues do arise once the dust has settled.
I like your idea of pre-Ancient Era eras, though not sure how one could do it without re-arranging the Ancient Era tech tree to accommodate for the inclusion of more eras.

My modular is really breaking a big project into smaller pieces. As for issues, we'll see how messy it can get.

As for techs for pre-Ancient Era eras, it will probably be some re-arranging. Some techs make more sense in earlier eras while others can fit the Ancient Era better. My only worry is not enough content so maybe starting with just Bronze Era is a good start until I can add more mechanics to keep those earlier eras interesting too.

From this point onward, this mod will Require Enlightenment Era Mod. You cannot use this mod without it. If you don't have it, please download it from here.

For more information on Enlightenment Era Mod, please go here where it was made by a bunch of talented modders. Note that only the Enlightenment Era Mod v1.2 in the OP will be used. I will not be catering to any future changes to that mod and the v1.2 is polished enough that I won't need to.

Summary:
Code:
Tweaked Improvements that are available up to and including Renaissance Era.
Tweaked Wonders that are available up to and including Renaissance Era.
Tweaked Units and Buildings in the Renaissance Era
Minor Tweaks elsewhere

Spoiler AG's Tweak for VP v0.3.5 [Renaissance Era Rework 1] :

Spoiler Improvements :

Up to (but not including) Enlightenment Era:
Normal Improvements: Occasional (max of 2) increases to yields from tech
GPTI (except Academy): (max of 3) Increases to yields from tech
Unique Improvements (unlocked at Classical Era or sooner): Occasional (max of 3) increases to yields from tech
Unique Improvements (unlocked at Medieval/Renaissance Era): Occasional (max of 2) increases to yields from tech with higher base
Max reduced by 1 if UI also have other bonuses like adjacent bonuses, free resource, etc...

Academy:
Base: +1 :c5science: Science
+1 :c5science: Science with Physics
+1 :c5science: Science with Astronomy
Final: +3 :c5science: Science

Brazilwood Camp:
Base: +1 :c5gold: Gold
+1 :c5food: Food with Physics
+1 :c5culture: Culture with Acoustic
Final: +1 :c5gold: Gold, +1 :c5food: Food, +1 :c5culture: Culture and Brazilwood Resource

Camp:
+1 :c5gold: Gold with Guilds
+1 :c5gold: Gold with Gunpowder
Final: +2 :c5gold: Gold

Chateau:
Base: +1 :c5culture: Culture, +1 :c5gold: Gold, +2 :c5food: Food
+1 :c5gold: Gold with Printing Press
+1 :c5culture: Culture with Architecture
Final: +2 :c5culture: Culture, +2 :c5gold: Gold, +2 :c5food: Food

Citadel:
Base: +1 :c5production: Production, +1 :c5science: Science
+1 :c5production: Production with Metal Casting
+1 :c5science: Science with Machinery
+1 :c5production: Production with Metallurgy
Final: +3 :c5production: Production, +2 :c5science: Science

Eki:
Base: +1 :c5food: Food
Two-Adjacent Eki: +1 :c5production: Production
+1 :c5production: Production with Chivalry
+1 :c5production: Production with Gunpowder
Final: +1 :c5food: Food, +2 :c5production: Production and adjacent bonuses

Embassy:
Base: +1 :c5gold: Gold, +1 :c5culture: Culture, +1 :c5science: Science
No :c5gold: Gold with Civil Service

Encampment:
Base: +1 :c5food: Food, +1 :c5culture: Culture
+1 :c5food: Food with Steel
+1 :c5food: Food with Gunpowder
Final: +3 :c5food: Food, +1 :c5culture: Culture and defensive bonus/damage to enemies

Farm:
Two Adjacent Farms: +1 :c5food: Food
Fresh Water: +1 :c5food: Food
+1 :c5food: Food with Civil Service

Fishing Boats:
+1 :c5food: Food with Compass
+1 :c5gold: Gold with Exploration

Feitoria:
Base: +2 :c5production: Production, +3 :c5gold: Gold
Adjacent Fishing Boats: +1 :c5production: Production
+1 :c5culture: Culture with Printing Press
Final: +2 :c5production: Production, +2 :c5gold: Gold, +1 :c5culture: Culture

Hacienda:
Base: +1 :c5faith: Faith
+1 :c5food: Food per Adjacent Bonus Resources
+1 :c5culture: Culture if adjacent to a City
+1 :c5production: Production with Compass
Final: +1 :c5faith: Faith, +1 :c5production: Production and more bonuses from adjacency

Holy Site:
Base: +2 :c5faith: Faith
+1 :c5faith: Faith with Education
+1 :c5faith: Faith with Theology
+1 :c5faith: Faith with Printing Press
Final: +5 :c5faith: Faith

Kasbah:
Base: +1 :c5production: Production, +2 :c5faith: Faith, +1 :c5culture: Culture
Adjacent Fishing Boats: +1 :c5gold: Gold
Adjacent Coast: +1 :c5culture: Culture
+1 :c5faith: Faith with Architecture
Final: +1 :c5production: Production, +3 :c5faith: Faith, +1 :c5culture: Culture and bonuses to adjacency

Kuna:
Base: +1 :c5science: Science, +1 :c5faith: Faith
+1 :c5food: Food with Philosophy
+1 :c5faith: Faith with Theology
+1 :c5science: Science with Exploration
Final: +2 :c5science: Science, +2 :c5faith: Faith, +1 :c5food: Food

Logging Camp:
Unlocked at Metal Casting
Doesn't remove Jungle.
+2 :c5gold: Gold
Two-Adjacent Logging Camp: +1 :c5gold: Gold

Lumber Mill:
Doesn't remove Forest.
+2 :c5production: Production
Two-Adjacent Logging Camp: +1 :c5production: Production

Manufactory:
Base: +2 :c5production: Production
+1 :c5production: Production with Masonry
+1 :c5production: Production with Physics
+1 :c5production: Production with Gunpowder
Final: +5 :c5production: Production

Moai:
Base: +1 :c5production: Production
Adjacent Moai: +1 :c5culture: Culture
+1 :c5production: Production with Engineering
+1 :c5culture: Culture with Astronomy
Final: +2 :c5production: Production, +1 :c5culture: Culture and bonus from adjacency

Mine:
Base: +1 :c5production: Production
+1 :c5production: Production with Steel
+1 :c5production: Production with Chemistry

Pasture:
+1 :c5production: Production with Iron Working
+1 :c5food: Food with Civil Service

Plantations:
+1 :c5gold: Gold with Chemistry
+1 :c5gold: Gold with Exploration

Polder:
Base: +1 :c5production: Production, +1 :c5gold: Gold, +3 :c5food: Food
+1 :c5culture: Culture with Chemistry
+1 :c5food: Food with Architecture
Final: +1 :c5production: Production, +1 :c5gold: Gold, +4 :c5food: Food, +1 :c5culture: Culture

Quarry:
+1 :c5production: Production with Machinery
+1 :c5production: Production with Architecture

Terrace Farm:
Adjacent Farm and Terrace Farm: 1 :c5food: Food
+1 :c5food: Food with Astronomy
Final: +2 :c5food: Food and bonuses from adjacency

Town:
Base: +2 :c5gold: Gold, +1 :c5food: Food
+1 :c5gold: Gold with Currency
+1 :c5gold: Gold with Banking
Final: +5 :c5gold: Gold, +1 :c5food: Food

Village:
Base: +1 :c5gold: Gold, +1 :c5culture: Culture
Road: +1 :c5production: Production
+1 :c5gold: Gold with Banking

Spoiler Wonder Changes :

Alhambra:
Boosts City :c5culture: Culture output by 5%.

Angkor Wat:
:c5culture: Culture and :c5gold: Gold costs of acquiring new tiles reduced by 50% and 25% in every City respectively.

Borobudur:
(All new and existing Missionaries and Prophets no longer gain 1 Additional Religious Spread action)

Cathedral of St. Basil:
+1 :c5culture: Culture and +2 :c5faith: Faith

Chichen Itza:
N/A

Colossus:
+3 :c5gold: Gold (no more :c5culture: Culture)

Forbidden Palace:
N/A

Globe Theatre:
(no more :c5culture: Culture)
Writer, Artist and Musician in all Cities gain +1 :c5goldenage: Golden Age Points.

Great Library:
+2 :c5science: Science (no more :c5culture: Culture)

Great Lighthouse:
+2 :c5production: Production (no more :c5culture: Culture)

Great Wall:
N/A

Hagia Sophia:
(No longer boosts Religious Strength of all Missionaries by 25.)

Hanging Gardens:
+4 :c5food: Food (no more :c5culture: Culture)
+1 :c5food: Food to all Gardens in the empire.

Himeji Castle:
+25% :c5strength: CS for Units fighting in Friendly Territory, and +5% :c5strength: CS for all Cities. Increases the Military Unit Supply Cap by 3.

Leaning Tower of Pisa:
+10% generation of :c5greatperson: Great People in the City. (No bonus to all other Cities)

Machu Picchu:
+1 :c5faith: Faith and +3 :c5gold: Gold
+5% :c5gold: Gold from City Connections. City gains +1 :c5food: Food, :c5production: Production and :c5faith: Faith for every 2 Mountain within 3 tiles of the City.

Mausoleum of Halicarnassus:
+1 :c5culture: Culture

Notre Dame:
+3 :c5faith: Faith

Oracle:
+1 :c5culture: Culture and :c5science: Science
Instantly receive 200 :c5culture: Culture and :c5science: Science

Parthenon:
(no more :c5culture: Culture and increase to supply cap)
Receive a free Amphitheater.
All Amphitheater: +1 :c5science: Science (no more :c5culture: Culture)

Petra:
(Loses the +6 :c5culture: Culture once Archaeology is discovered)

Porcelain Tower:
+1 :c5greatperson: Great Scientist Point
25% more :c5science: Science generated from Research Agreements. If Research Agreements are disabled, provides a +10% :c5science: Science bonus in the City in which it is built.

Pyramid:
+25 :c5goldenage: Golden Age Points when you expend a Great Person, scaling with Era.

Red Fort:
N/A

Roman Forum:
Unlocked at Printing Press

Sistine Chapel:
+5% :c5culture: Culture in all Cities.

Statue of Zeus:
+1 :c5faith: Faith (no more :c5culture: Culture)
+10 XP
(Loses promotion that gives bonus when attacking Cities)

Stonehenge:
+1 :c5faith: Faith (no more :c5culture: Culture)

Summer Palace:
N/A

Taj Mahal:
(No more :c5goldenage: GAP scaling with population)
+2 :c5science: Science, :c5culture: Culture and :c5faith: Faith in the City for every Religion present.

Temple of Artemis:
1 Specialist in this City no longer produce :c5unhappy: Unhappiness from Urbanization
(Loses +10% :c5food: Food in all Cities)

Terracotta Army:
+3 Supply Cap
+5 :c5culture: Culture when you destroy an enemy Unit in battle, scaling with Era.

Topkapi Palace:
N/A

University of Sankore:
When you expend a Great Person, receive 25 :c5science: Science, bonus scales with Era.

Versailles:
+2 :c5culture: Culture

Spoiler Building Changes :

Bank:
+1 :c5gold: Gold
When you spend :c5gold: Gold to purchase Units or invest in Buildings in this City, 10% of the cost is converted into :c5science: Science. Caravansaries and Customs Houses (or Hanse) in the City gain +2 :c5gold: Gold.
Gold: +2 :c5gold: Gold
Silver: +1 :c5gold: Gold and :c5production: Production
Gems: +1 :c5culture: Culture and :c5gold: Gold

Chancery:
To be reworked

Coffee House:
2 :c5gold: Maintenance
+4 :c5food: Food
+25% :c5greatperson: Great People generation in this City. 5% of this City's :c5culture: Culture is converted into :c5science: Science every turn.
Carries over 20% of :c5food: Food after City growth (effect stacks with Aqueduct)

Constabulary:
N/A

Gallery:
+2 :c5culture: Culture (No more :c5culture: Culture scaling with pop)
+10% Great Artist Rate in the City, and Artist Guild in the City produces +2 :c5gold: Gold.

Grocer:
Carries over 20% of :c5food: Food after City growth (effect stacks with Aqueduct)

Manor:
+10% Generation of :c5greatperson: Great People.

Musicians' Guild:
Provides 3 :c5greatperson: Great Musician Points

Observatory:
N/A

Opera House:
(Great Works in the City no longer produce :tourism: Tourism)
+10% Great Musician Rate in the City, and Musician Guild in the City produces +2 :c5gold: Gold.

Spoiler Unit Changes :

Adventurer:
150 :c5production: or 200 :c5faith:
21 :c5strength: CS

Cannon:
175 :c5production: or 200 :c5faith:
18 :c5strength: CS
25 :c5rangedstrength: RCS

Carrack:
26 :c5strength: CS

Cuirassier:
20 :c5strength: CS
20 :c5rangedstrength: RCS, 2 Range
3 :c5moves: Move
HP: 75

Emissary:
To be reworked.

Envoy:
To be reworked.

Galleon:
16 :c5strength: CS
23 :c5rangedstrength: RCS

Hakkapeliitta:
29 :c5strength: CS

Hussar:
22 :c5strength: CS
22 :c5rangedstrength: RCS, 2 Range

Impi:
25 :c5strength: CS

Janissary:
23 :c5strength: CS
29 :c5rangedstrength: RCS

Lancer:

Musketeer:
160 :c5production: or 200 :c5faith:
28 :c5strength: CS

Musketman:
160 :c5production: or 200 :c5faith:
26 :c5rangedstrength: RCS

Naga-Malla:
20 :c5rangedstrength: RCS, 2 Range

Nau:
30 :c5strength: CS

Pioneer:
N/A

Sea Beggar:

Sipahi:

Tercio:
24 :c5strength: CS

Two-Handed Swordsman:

Winged Hussar:
32 :c5strength: CS

Spoiler Misc :

Granary no longer gives Wheat +1 :c5food: Food

Currency and Compass don't give a Trade Route Slot.

Attachments

• AG's Tweaks Mod v0.3.5.zip
    26 MB · Views: 39
  • Enlightenment Era (Vox Populi) (v 1.2).zip
    18.1 MB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Congrats on initial release!
Unfortunately I have virtually no time at all to assist in testing for balance for the foreseeable future (Christmas rush incoming...)
I like the idea of adjacency bonuses for some improvements, could be the way forward to create more diversity and specialization between cities instead of just building everything that one can.
Hanging Gardens wonder might be a real miss now with the removal of culture bonus and lowering of food output.
Looking forward to having more time to get a hands on feel for the changes, would be after New Years at this point in time though :(

Congrats on initial release!
Unfortunately I have virtually no time at all to assist in testing for balance for the foreseeable future (Christmas rush incoming...)
I like the idea of adjacency bonuses for some improvements, could be the way forward to create more diversity and specialization between cities instead of just building everything that one can.
Hanging Gardens wonder might be a real miss now with the removal of culture bonus and lowering of food output.
Looking forward to having more time to get a hands on feel for the changes, would be after New Years at this point in time though :(

Thanks! There are so many ideas and things I want to mod. We won't be seeing v1.0.0 for a long time. :)

No worries! Real life comes first! By the time you return, this mod will be very different. I'm already working on things that can add an extra hour to a game so hopefully you won't run out of things.

Regarding the adjacency bonuses for improvements, they do exist. However, some of them have lots due to yield bloat and are nightmares to balance. I hope the changes in the mod will make them differ more and they can shine more.

Hanging Gardens doesn't seem as great as before but it's still a solid. These numbers aren't written in stone so they can change. I just want to also make room for more Wonders so we can't have any single powerful Wonder. I'm curious to see how that goes!

Anyways, thanks for taking a look! Lots of big changes are coming so, when you do find time, I hope you'll get a completely new and fun experience. :)

Massive update (more details below)! I was planning on adding more things but the scope would be too massive and I need to test the latest changes myself.

Code:
Added Neolithic Era (needs more work in the future)
Added Copper and Bronze Era (some changes may still be introduced in the future)
Ancient Era becomes Iron Era and reworked
Copper, Bronze and Iron Era all have new Buildings and Units along with new & changed techs
Many things like improvement unlocks, resource reveals and Wonder unlocks were changed to accommodate new eras
Introduced the Slave Strategic Resource (will dedicate a rework for slaves in a future patch)

Enlightenment Era Mod is NOT used anymore as it was directly integrated into the mod. Civ 5 has some weird priorities when it comes to loading mods, including required mods. This is a real problem when it comes to loading up the eras in the right order.

Spoiler Screenshot of New/Changed Eras :

20211128083321_1.jpg

20211128083332_1.jpg

20211128083337_1.jpg

20211128083341_1.jpg

Spoiler AG's Tweak for VP v0.3.6 [Pre-Classical Era Rework 1] :

Spoiler Iron Era Building Changes :

Iron Era was previously Ancient Era

Ancient Docks:
No Maintenance
Cost: 65 :c5production: Production
Unlocked at Sail Making
Water Units: +5 XP

Barracks:
Unlocked at Iron Weapons

Bazaar:
Unlocked at Alphabet

Council
:
Unlocked at Iron Mines

Early Archives:
No Maintenance
Cost: 110 :c5production: Production
Unlocked at Alphabet
+1 :c5science: Science

Early Weaponsmith:
No Maintenance
Unlocked at Military Theory
Melee Units: +5 XP
Iron: +1

Granary:
Unlocked at Hill Forts

Herbalist:
Unlocked at Calendar

Hill Fort:
No Maintenance
Unlocked at Hill Forts
+1 :c5food: Food
City: +3 :c5strength: Defense and +75 HP

Ikanda:
Unlocked at Iron Weapons

Iron Mines:
No Maintenance
Unlocked at Iron Mines
+1 :c5production: Production
Iron: +2

Iron Smelters:
No Maintenance
Unlocked at Iron Smelter
Iron: +1 :c5production: Production

Iron Workshop:
No Maintenance
Unlocked at Iron Tools
Iron: +1

Livestock Pen:
No Maintenance
Unlocked at Hill Forts
Horse: +2

Longhouse:
Unlocked at Calendar

Market:
Unlocked at Alphabet

Monument:
Unlocked at Alphabet

Shrine:
Unlocked at Seafaring
+1 :c5faith: Faith

Stele:
Unlocked at Alphabet

Stone Works:
Unlocked at Iron Smelter

Tabya:
Unlocked at Iron Smelter

Totem of Life:
No Maintenance
Cost: 30 :c5production: Production
Unlocked at Hill Forts
Can be built in Capital only.
+2 :c5food: Food, +1 :c5culture: Culture and +1 :c5faith: Faith

Totem of Wealth:
No Maintenance
Unlocked at Sail Making
+2 :c5gold: Gold, +1 :c5culture: Culture and +1 :c5faith: Faith

Totem of Knowledge:
No Maintenance
Unlocked at Iron Mines
+1 :c5science: Science, +1 :c5culture: Culture and +1 :c5faith: Faith

Totem of Spirituality:
No Maintenance
Unlocked at Iron Tools
+2 :c5culture: Culture and +1 :c5faith: Faith

Totem of Creation:
No Maintenance
+2 :c5production: Production, +1 :c5culture: Culture and +1 :c5faith: Faith

Walls:
Unlocked at Iron Smelter

Walls of Babylon:
Unlocked at Iron Smelter

Weaponsmith:
No Maintenance
Unlocked at Iron Smelter
Land Units: +5 XP
Barracks: +1 :c5production: Production

Well:
Unlocked at Iron Tools

Spoiler Iron Era Unit Changes :

Archer:
Unlocked at Hill Forts

Caravan:
Unlocked at Alphabet

Early Maceman:
Unlocked at Iron Weapons
Cost: 60 :c5production:
Iron: -1
9 :c5strength: CS
2 :c5moves: Movement
Bonus vs Melee (25)

Early Swordsman:
Upgrades to Swordsman
Cost: 50 :c5production:
8 :c5strength: CS
Cover I

Early Trireme:
Unlocked at Sail Making
9 :c5strength: CS
3 :c5moves: Movement

Hoplite:
Unlocked at Iron Weapons

Horseman:

Immortal:
Unlocked at Iron Weapons

Jaguar:
Unlocked at Iron Weapons
Replaces Early Macemen
10 :c5strength: CS
Doesn't require Iron

Pictish Warrior:
Unlocked at Iron Weapons

Settler:
Unlocked at Seafaring

Slinger:
Unlocked at Hill Forts

Spearman:
Unlocked at Iron Weapons

Quinquereme:
Unlocked at Sail Making

War Chariot:
Unlocked at Hill Forts

War Elephant:

Work Boat:
Unlocked at Sail Making

Spoiler Terrain and Feature Changes :

Coast:
Base: No Yields

Flood Plains:

Grassland:

Lake:

Marsh:

Oasis:

Plains:

Tundra:

Spoiler Resource Changes :

Bonus Resources:
Unlocked at Slavery

Horse:
Unlocked at Organized Warfare

Iron:

Luxury Resources:
Unlocked at Mercenaries

Spoiler Improvement Changes :

Camp:
Unlocked at Iron Tools

Eki:
Unlocked at Alphabet

Encampment:
Unlocked at Alphabet

Farm:

Fishing Boats:
Unlocked at Sail Making

Kuna:
Unlocked at Iron Weapons

Mine:
Unlocked at Iron Mines

Moai:
Unlocked at Iron Weapons

Pasture:

Quarry:
Unlocked at Iron Weapons

Road:
Unlocked at Hill Forts

Spoiler Bronze Era Buildings :

Artisan Workshop:
No Maintenance
Cost: 100 :c5production: Production
Unlocked at Artisans
Obsoletes at Horseback Riding
+5 :c5production: Production and :c5science: Science

Axemaker:
No Maintenance
Cost: 50 :c5production: Production
Unlocked at Bronze Tool
Obsoletes at Slavery

Canal:
No Maintenance
Unlocked at Irrigation
Obsoletes at Slavery
+10 :c5food: Food

Cavalry Barracks:
No Maintenance
Unlocked at Horseback Riding
Mounted Units: +15 XP

City Centre:
No Maintenance
Unlocked at Migration
+3 :c5food: Food and :c5science: Science

Commercial Hubs:
No Maintenance
Unlocked at Migration
+3 :c5production: Production and :c5science: Science

Dam:
No Maintenance
Unlocked at Irrigation
Obsoletes at Slavery
+5 :c5food: Food

Early Constabulary:
No Maintenance
Unlocked at Code of Laws
+3 :c5production: Production, :c5food: Food, :c5strength: Defense and :c5science: Science

Early Courthouse:
No Maintenance
Unlocked at Code of Laws
+5 :c5production: Production, :c5food: Food and :c5science: Science

Early Guilds:
No Maintenance
Unlocked at Artisans
Obsoletes at Slavery
+5 :c5food: Food and :c5production: Production

Early Tax Office:
No Maintenance
Unlocked at Early Bureaucracy
Obsoletes at Slavery
+5 :c5food: Food and :c5production: Production

Grain Storage:
No Maintenance
Unlocked at Large Scale Agriculture
Obsoletes at Slavery
+15 :c5food: Food

Horse Pens:
No Maintenance
Unlocked at Chariot
Obsoletes at Slavery
Mounted Units: +10% :c5production: Production and +15 XP

Improved Farms:
No Maintenance
Unlocked at Large Scale Agriculture
Obsoletes at Bronze Working
+10 :c5food: Food

Market District:
No Maintenance
Unlocked at Trade
Obsoletes at Slavery
+15 :c5food: Food and :c5production: Production

Neighborhood District:
No Maintenance
Unlocked at Migration
Obsoletes at Slavery
+3 :c5food: Food and :c5production: Production

Palace:
No Maintenance
Nuke Immune
Capital
Never Capture
+2 :c5food: Food, +2 :c5production: Production, +3 :c5science: Science and +5 :c5strength: Defense
Organized Warfare: +5 :c5gold: Gold and +1 :c5culture: Culture
Marsh: +1 :c5food: Food
Flood Plain: +1 :c5food: Food
Forest: +1 :c5food: Food
Jungle: +1 :c5food: Food
Lake: +1 :c5food: Food
Oasis: +1 :c5gold: Gold

Plow Workshop:
No Maintenance
Unlocked at Bronze Tool

Slave Market:
No Maintenance
Unlocked at Slavery
Slave: +4
:c5food: / :c5production: Distress Needs Modifier: +25%

Slave Pen:
No Maintenance
Unlocked at Slavery
Slave: +2
:c5food: / :c5production: Distress Needs Modifier: +25%

State Owned Granary:
No Maintenance
+20 :c5food: Food

State Owned Mines:
No Maintenance
+20 :c5production: Production

Tin Mine:
No Maintenance
Unlocked at Tin Mining
+5 :c5production: Production

Tin Smelter:
No Maintenance
Unlocked at Tin Mining
+10 :c5production: Production

Trade Post:
No Maintenance
Unlocked at Trade
+5 :c5production: Production, :c5food: Food and :c5science: Science

Spoiler Bronze Era Units :

Axeman:
No Maintenance
40 :c5production: Production
Unlocked at Bronze Working
Upgrades to Early Maceman
7 :c5strength: CS
Can Pillage Improved Tiles
Bonus vs Melee (25)

Chariot Archer:
No Maintenance
30 :c5production: Production
Unlocked at Chariot
Upgrades to Archer
3 :c5strength: CS
4 :c5rangedstrength: RCS, 1 Range
4 :c5moves: Movement
No Defensive Terrain Bonuses
May Not Melee Attack
Naval Target Penalty
Penalty Attacking Cities (33)
Can Move After Attacking
Skirmisher Doctrine
No Horses Needed

Early Spearman:
No Maintenance
40 :c5production: Production
Unlocked at Bronze Working
Upgrades to Spearman
6 :c5strength: CS

Light Horse:
No Maintenance
50 :c5production: Production
Unlocked at Horseback Riding
Upgrades to Horseman
Can Move After Attacking

Pathfinder:

Scythe Chariot:
No Maintenance
30 :c5production: Production
Unlocked at Chariot
Upgrades to Light Horse
5 :c5strength: CS
Unstoppable
No Horses Needed

Spearman Mercenary:
No Maintenance
50 :c5production: Production (Can only be purchased with :c5gold: Gold)
Unlocked at Mercenaries
Upgrades to Pikeman
Formation I

Worker:

Spoiler New Promotions :

Unstoppable:
Ignore ZoC. Inflict 5 Damage to all Adjacent enemy units on Move. Lost after unit upgrade.

Spoiler Wonder Changes :

Mausoleum of Halicarnassus:
Unlocked at Seafaring.

Pyramid:
Unlocked at Iron Mines.

Stonehenge:
Unlocked at Iron Tools.

Spoiler Copper Era Buildings :

Advanced Pottery Kiln:
No Maintenance
Cost: 40 :c5production: Production
Unlocked at Copper Smelter
Obsoletes at Mercenaries
+1 :c5food: Food and :c5production: Production

Artisan Hut:
No Maintenance
Unlocked at Pottery
Obsoletes at Mercenaries
+1 :c5science: Science and :c5production: Production

Copper Mine:
No Maintenance
Unlocked at Copper Mining
Obsoletes at Mercenaries

Early Barracks:
No Maintenance
Unlocked at Construction
Obsoletes at Mercenaries
+10 XP to Land Units

Training Ground:
No Maintenance
Unlocked at Copper Tools
Obsoletes at Mercenaries
+5% :c5production: Production to Melee Units and +5 XP to Land Units

Underground Shelter:
No Maintenance
Unlocked at Underground Housing
Obsoletes at Mercenaries

Spoiler Neolithic Era Tech :

Agriculture:
Grassland: +1 :c5food: Food

Animal Husbandry:
Plains: +1 :c5food: Food

Fishing:
Coast: +1 :c5food: Food

Trapping:
Tundra: +1 :c5food: Food

The Wheel:
First tech available to all civilizations.

Spoiler Neolithic Era Building :

Tree of Life:
Replaces the Palace as the free building.
+1 :c5food: Food, :c5production: Production and :c5science: Science.

Last edited:
New Update! I integrated some parts of the More Wonders for VP Mod. All credits for the content in that mod goes those who worked and contributed to that mod!

Code:
Made the foundation for the diplomatic game of this mod
Reworked Fealty, Statecraft and Artistry
Added and balanced (for this mod) numerous Wonders (credits goes to those who worked on More Wonders)
Made changes to World Congress
Finished adding all the techs for Neolithic Era
Made some changes to difficulty
Misc Changes and bug fixes

Spoiler AG's Tweak for VP v0.3.7 [Misc Rework 1] :

Spoiler Diplomatic Building/National Wonder/Wonder Changes :

Chancery:
Unlocked by Foreign Service Policy
500 :c5production: Production
No Maintenance
+25% :c5production: Production of Diplomatic Units in this City.
Grants Promotion Royal Signet for Diplomatic Units in the City in which it is built.
+1 :c5science: Science for every Ally.
When you spend :c5gold: Gold to purchase Units or invest in Buildings in this City, 15% of the cost is converted into :c5science: Science.

Printing Press:
Unlocked at Printing Press.
125 :c5production: Production
1 :c5culture: Culture
1 :c5greatperson: Great Diplomat Points
+15% :c5production: Production of Diplomatic Units in this City
+1 :c5production: Production in City for every City-State Friend.

Roman Forum:
800 :c5production: Production
2 :c5greatperson: Great Diplomat Points
Receive 1 Free Great Diplomat when completed. +1 Paper. +20% :c5production: Production of Diplomatic Units in this City. All Diplomatic Units receive the Imperial Seal Promotion.

Scrivener's Office:
125 :c5production: Production
1 :c5greatperson: Great Diplomat Points
+1 Paper
+1 Emissary
+15% :c5production: Production of Diplomatic Units in this City
+1 :c5gold: Gold in City for every City-State Friend.

Spoiler Diplomatic Unit Changes :

Emissary:
350 :c5production: Production
Initiate
Paper: -1

Envoy:
Unlocked by Consulates Policy.
250 :c5production: Production (Can be Purchased by :c5gold: Gold only)
Adept

Spoiler Promotion Changes :

Adept:
Earn 40 Influence when you conduct a Diplomatic Mission.

Initiate:
Earn 30 Influence when you conduct a Diplomatic Mission.

Spoiler World Congress Changes :

Renaissance Era:
Base Vote: 1
Host Vote: 1
Embassies: 1 each
City State Alliances: 1 each

Enlightenment Era:
Base Vote: 1
Host Vote: 1

Industrial Era:
Base Vote: 2
Host Vote: 2

Default Resolutions:
Sanction City-States:
N/A
Scholars in Residence:
N/A
Cultural Heritage Sites:
Each World Wonder provides +1 :c5culture: Culture to its city, and each Great Work provides +1 :c5science: Science to its city.)
Natural Heritage Sites:
Each Natural Wonder provides +1 to all Yields when worked
Endowment for the Arts:
N/A
World Science Initiative:
N/A
Casus Belli:
N/A
Treasure Fleet:
Bronze: Galleon and 300 points towards next Golden Age
Silver: Great Admiral and 5 free maintenance for military units
Gold: Grand Canal Wonder (May only be built collaboratively through the World Congress. Receive 1 Additional Trade Route. Grant all Naval Melee Units the Treasure Fleet Promotion, which grants +10% :c5strength: Combat Strength when attacking, +1 Sight, and the ability to heal Outside of Friendly Territory.)appears in capital
World Religion:
N/A

Unlockable Resolutions:
Global Peace Accords:
Unlocks at Atomic Theory
Enact Open Door Policy:
N/A
Enforce Decolonization:
N/A
World's Fair:
N/A
International Games:
Bronze: Tourism increases by 50% for 20 turns
Silver: Receive a free Great Person of your choice
Gold: Olympic Village Wonder (May only be built collaboratively through the World Congress. Receive +3 :c5happy: Happiness and +3 :c5culture: Culture in the City in which it is built. 10% of the :c5culture: Culture from World Wonders, Natural Wonders, and Improvements (Landmarks, Moai, Chateau) is added to the :tourism: Tourism output of the City. All Stadiums receive +4 :c5gold: Gold and +1 :tourism: Tourism) appears in Capital
Global Wargames:
N/A
Cold War:
N/A
World Ideology:
N/A
United Nations:
N/A
Travel Ban:
N/A
Passport System:
N/A
Global Liberation:
N/A
International Space Station:
Bronze: One time Research boost
Silver: Free Great Scientist
Gold: International Space Station Wonder (May only be built collaboratively through the World Congress. +1 :c5production: Production from Scientists, and +1 :c5science: Science from Engineers. Great Scientists provide 10% more :c5science: Science when used to discover new Technology.) appears in Capital.
Sanction a Civilization:
Unlocked at Atomic Theory

Remove Resolutions:
Demand Sphere of Influence (too powerful and too much of a snowball mechanic with no way to counter)
Nuclear Non-Proliferation (Atomic Bomb and Nuclear Missile won't be supported by this mod)
Spaceflight Regulations (May be bugged and space race will change drastically)

Spoiler Fealty Changes :

Opener:
+100% :c5production: Construction Rate of Castles and Armories
-25% :c5faith: Faith costs for purchasing Buildings, Missionaries, and Inquisitors.

Scalar:
+2 :c5food: Food and +3 :c5strength: Defense in every City

Nobility:
Can purchase Monasteries with :c5faith: Faith (+2 :c5faith: Faith and :c5food: Food; +1 Delegate for every 20 Cities following your Religion)
+1 :c5happy: Happiness and +1 :c5gold: Gold from Castles, and +1 :c5gold: Gold from Armories.

Divine Right:
Receive 15 :c5culture: Culture when a :c5citizen: Citizen is born in any city, scaling with Era.
:c5unhappy: Unhappiness Needs Modifier for :c5culture: Boredom reduced by 15%.
+1 :c5science: Science to Monastery

Serfdom:
Pastures generate +1 :c5production: Production and :c5gold: Gold.
+1 :c5food: Food from Farms

Organized Religion:
+50% Pressure in all nearby Cities without your majority Religion.
+1 :c5faith: Faith to Shrine, Temple and Faith-purchased buildings
+1 :c5science: Science to Monastery

Burghers:
N/A

Finisher:
Unlocks building the Red Fort.
The :tourism: Tourism modifier for Shared Religion is increased by 25%.
Cities that follow your Majority Religion generate +2 :c5science: Science, :c5faith: Faith, :c5production: Production and :c5culture: Culture.

Spoiler Statecraft Changes :

Opener:
+5 :c5gold: Gold in Capital
+15% :c5influence: Influence from Trade Missions

Scalar:
+10% :c5gold: Gold
+7% :c5influence: Influence from Trade Missions

Foreign Service:
+25% :c5production: Production of Diplomatic Units in all Cities.
Unlocks Chancery.

Trade Confederacy:
+25% Yields for Trade Routes.
Trade Routes to City-States generate +1 :c5influence: Influence per turn (with the target City-State) per each owned City-State Trade Route (up to +5).

Shadow Networks:
Receive 25% of :c5science: Science generated by Allied City-States.
Earn Great Diplomats 50% faster, and gain +50% Rewards from City-State Quests.

Consulates:
+1 Delegate in the World Congress for every 8 City-States originally in the World.
+1 Iron and Horses for every two City-State Alliances you maintain.
Unlocks Envoy.

Exchange Markets:
Resources from City-States count towards Global Monopolies.
Resting point for :c5influence: Influence level with City-States is increased by 20.

Finisher:
Unlocks building the Palace of Westminster.
Every World Congress Session, gain :c5culture: Culture, :c5science: Science and :c5gold: Gold based on the number of Delegates you control, scaling with Era.
World Wonders require 1 less unlocked Policy for every 5 City-State alliances you maintain.

Spoiler Artistry Changes :

Opener:
+1 :c5food: Food from Specialists
+100% :c5production: Construction Rate of all Guilds

Scalar:
+2 :c5goldenage: Golden Age Points and +5% :c5greatperson: Great Person rates in all Cities.

Humanism:
Artifacts: +1 :c5science: Science
Great Works of Art gain +1 :c5culture: Culture
Great Works of Music: +2 :c5gold: Gold
Great Works of Literature: +2 :c5goldenage: Golden Age Points

Refinement:
+2 :c5happy: Happiness from all Guilds.
+1 :c5culture: Culture from Specialists

Heritage:
+50 :c5goldenage: Golden Age Points when you construct World or National Wonders, scaling with Era.
+2 :tourism: Tourism and :c5goldenage: Golden Age Points from Universities.

National Treasure:
Two :c5greatperson: Great Person of your choice appears near your :c5capital: Capital.

Cultural Exchange:
N/A

Finisher:
N/A

Spoiler Pre-Classical Era Changes :

Tree of Life:
No longer becomes obsolete (To fix a bug)

New Techs:
Stone Housing:
Skara Brae (W):
+2 :c5food: Food when Organized Warfare is researched
Cattle: +1 :c5food: Food
Sheep: +1 :c5food: Food
Fish: +1 :c5food: Food

Stone Hut (B):
Cost: 35 :c5production:

Carving:
Shaman Hut (B):

Settlements:
Early Settlement (B):
+3 :c5food: Food

Kuk Swamp (W):
+2 :c5production: Production when Organized Warfare is researched
+25% :c5food: Food is carried over after a new :c5citizen: Citizen is born

Mohenjo-daro (W):
+1 :c5culture: Culture when Organized Warfare is researched
All Well in the Empire receive +1 :c5faith: Faith and :c5production: Production

Megaliths:
Ggantija (W):
+1 :c5faith: Faith when Organized Warfare is researched
Converts 25% :c5faith: Faith in the City to :c5food: Food

Goebekli Tepe (W):
+2 :c5science: Science when Organized Warfare is researched
+1 :c5science: Science to Quarry

Majorville Medicine Wheel (W):
+1 :c5faith: Faith when Organized Warfare is researched
All Camps in the Empire receive +1 :c5food: Food

Existing Techs:
Mining:
Altamira Cave (W):
Cost: 65 :c5production:
+1 :c5production: Production and +5 :c5strength: Defense
+1 :c5culture: Culture when Organized Warfare is researched
Bison: +1 :c5food: Food
Deer: +1 :c5food: Food
Horse: +1 :c5food: Food

Irrigation:
Karnak (W):
Cost: 150 :c5production:
+1 :c5production: Production to local Oasis
+1 :c5culture: Culture and :c5faith: Faith to all Monuments

Hill Forts:
Nazca Lines (W):
Cost: 150 :c5production:
+1 :c5food: Food to local Plains
+1 :c5faith: Faith to local Hills
+1 :c5greatperson: Great Scientist Points

Spoiler Wonder Changes :

Mathematics:
Chand Baori (W):
Cost: 200 :c5production:
+2 :c5food: Food
+10% :c5greatperson: Great People Points
+2 :c5food: Food from Aqueducts

Masonry:
Malwiya Minaret (W):
+1 :c5production: Production and +2 :c5faith: Faith to all Manufactories
+1 :c5greatperson: Great Engineer Points
Free Great Engineer

Iron Working:
Gate of the Sun (W):
+1 :c5culture: Culture and :c5science: Science
+1 :c5science: Science to all Walls and Castles
+5% :c5science: Science during :c5goldenage: Golden Age

Currency:
Buddhas of Bamiyan (W):
Cost: 250 :c5production:
+1 :c5culture: Culture and :c5faith: Faith
+1 :c5faith: Faith per City-State Friend and per City-State Ally
+1 Delegate for every 2 Declarations of Friendship

Philosophy:
El Ghriva Synagogue (W):
+2 :c5faith: Faith
Free :greatwork: Great Work of Art (Ark of the Covenant)
Free Synagogue

Engineering:
Etchmiadzin Cathedral (W):
+1 :c5faith: Faith and :c5goldenage: Golden Age Points
Free :greatwork: Great Work of Art (Holy Lance)
Converts 10% of :c5faith: Faith to :c5goldenage: Golden Age Points

Education:
Prophet's Mosque (W):
Cost: 400 :c5production:
+10% Global :c5faith: Faith
+20% :c5greatperson: Great Writer Points
2 slots of :greatwork: Great Work of Literature (theming: +4 :c5faith: Faith and :c5goldenage: Golden Age Points for literature of your Civilization)

Theology:
Golden Dagon Pagoda (W):
Requires Tradition Finisher
+1 :c5gold: Gold and :c5culture: Culture
+2 :c5faith: to Artists
+1 :c5greatperson: Great Artist Points
4 Slots for :greatwork: Great Work of Art (theming: +3 :c5gold: Gold, :c5culture: Culture, :c5faith: Faith and :tourism: Tourism for Art/Artifacts from consecutive Eras and different Civilizations)

Chivalry:
Ahu Tongariki (W):
Requires Tradition Finisher
+1 :c5faith: to local Coast
+20% :c5production: Worker Rate
+20% :c5faith: Faith in all Cities

Lavaux (W):
+2 :c5food: Food and +1 :c5gold: Gold
+1 :c5faith: Faith and :c5gold: Gold to all Plantations
2 Spawned Wine if possible

Physics:
Forge of Damascus (W):
Requires Authority Finisher
+2 :c5production: Production and +1 :c5science: Science
+1 :c5production: Production and :c5science: Science to all Iron
All Melee and Mounted Units: "+25% :c5strength: CS" (Damascus Steel)

Steel:
Great Zimbabwe (W):
Requires Authority Finisher
+1 :c5gold: Gold, :c5culture: Culture and :c5faith: Faith
+1 :trade: Trade Route
+1 :c5gold: Gold to all Villages
Land Units: +25% :c5production: Production

Wieliczka Salt Mine (W):
+10% Global :c5food: Growth
+1 :c5production: Production and :c5gold: Gold to all Mines
2 Spawned Salt if possible

Civil Service:
Krak des Chevaliers (W):
Cost: 500 :c5production:
+2 :c5food: Food, +1 :c5faith: Faith and +1 :c5greatperson: Great General Points
+25% :c5production: Production to Mounted and Siege Units
+15 :c5strength: Defense and +300 HP
Free Great General
+2 :c5gold: Gold and :c5faith: Faith from all Castles

Guilds:
Falun Mine (W):
Requires Progress Finisher
+1 :c5goldenage: Golden Age Points and :c5greatperson: Great General Points
Free Great General
+1 :c5goldenage: Golden Age Points and :c5gold: Gold to all Mines
2 Spawned Copper if possible

Compass:
Mont Saint-Michel (W):
+2 :c5gold: Gold and :c5goldenage: Golden Age Points
+10 :c5strength: Defense and +250 HP
Free Monastery.
+2 :c5gold: Gold and :c5faith: Faith to all Monasteries

Itsukushima Shrine (W):
+2 :c5culture: Culture and +1 :c5greatperson: Great Admiral Points
+1 :c5faith: Faith to Coast tiles
+1 :c5faith: Faith and :c5culture: Culture to all Fishing Boats

Qalhat (W):
+4 :c5gold: Gold
Free Cargo Ship
+1 :trade: Trade Route
+2 :c5gold: Gold to all Fishing Boats

Machinery:
Wartburn (W):
Requires Progress Finisher
+1 :c5faith: Faith and :c5goldenage: Golden Age Points
+10 :c5strength: Defense
+1 :c5faith: Faith to all Writer's Guilds
+2 :c5greatperson: Great Writer Points
3 slots of :greatwork: Great Work of Literature (theming: +3 :c5culture: Culture, :c5faith: Faith and :c5goldenage: Golden Age Points for literature of your Civilization)

Spoiler City-State Changes :

Maritime:
Friend: +5 :c5food: Food in Capital, +1 :c5food: Food in other Cities
Ally: +8 :c5food: Food in Capital, +2 :c5food: Food in other Cities

Mercantile:
Friend: +4 :c5gold: Gold
Ally: +8 :c5gold: Gold

Cultural:
Friend: +3 :c5culture: Culture pre-Industrial Era, +5 :c5culture: Culture post-Industrial Era
Ally: +4 :c5culture: Culture pre-Industrial Era, +8 :c5culture: Culture post-Industrial Era

Militaristic:
Friend: +3 :c5science: Science pre-Industrial Era, +5 :c5science: Science post-Industrial Era
Ally: +4 :c5science: Science pre-Industrial Era, +8 :c5science: Science post-Industrial Era

Religious:
Friend: +4 :c5faith: Faith pre-Renaissance Era, +8 :c5faith: Faith post-Renaissance Era
Ally: +5 :c5faith: Faith pre-Renaissance Era, +10 :c5faith: Faith post-Renaissance Era

Spoiler Difficulty Changes :

All tests will be done on Prince and then values for other difficulties will be adjusted as a result.
Testing using Milae's trigger that happens every 10 turns as opposed to requiring other triggers.
Players have less bonus against Barbarians and get less gold from taking Barbarian encampments
AIs will get a lot less yields early in the game

Spoiler Unit Changes :

Warrior:
Cost: 20 :c5production: Production
1 :c5moves: Movement
1 Sight

Spoiler Misc :

Start date is 10,000 BC.
All Changes are made with Standard Speed in mind.
Killing Barbarians will only give 5 :c5influence: Influence to City-States

Hope everyone is having a great holiday! Here is the last update of 2021 for this mod.

Code:
Many Civilization UA reworked or tweaked. 
Policy reworked so there are more policies but weaker as a whole (meant to accommodate the longer eras).
Enlightenment Era Buildings/Wonders/Units numbers tweaked.
Tree of Life now gives +1 Culture so policy can be attained from Neolithic Era.

Note: Policy UI is slightly broken. It will be looked at in the distant future due to how difficult UI work is. It shouldn't affect gameplay from my few tests.

Spoiler AG's Tweak for VP v0.3.8 [Misc Rework 2] :

Spoiler Civilization Changes :

America:
Military Land Units start with Sentry Promotion. 25% discount when purchasing Tiles, founding a City resets Tile purchase costs, and Tile purchases grant +10 :c5production: Production, scaling with Era. May purchase tiles owned by other Civilizations.

Arabia:
When you complete a Historic Event, your :c5capital: Capital gains 15% towards the progress of a random :c5greatperson: Great Person. +3 :c5science: Science and :c5culture: Culture to the Palace.

Assyria:
When you conquer a City, gain either a Technology already known by the owner or, if impossible, a large :c5science: Science boost.
+1 :c5science: Science to Council, Library, University and Public School.

Austria:
May arrange Marriages with Allied City-States using :c5gold: Gold. While at peace with the City-State, Marriages halt :c5influence: Influence decay, grant 1 Extra World Congress Delegate, and boost :c5greatperson: Great People generation in the :c5capital: Capital by 15%.

Aztecs:
Receive :c5gold: Gold and :c5faith: Faith for each Enemy Unit you kill. When you complete a favorable Peace Treaty (war Score of 25+), a :c5goldenage: Golden Age begins.

Babylon:
Receive a Free Great Scientist when you discover Writing, and Great Scientists are earned 50% faster than normal. Investing :c5gold: Gold in Buildings reduces their :c5production: Production cost by an additional 15%. (Not Changed)

Brazil:
Has a unique "We Love The King Day", Carnival, that gives +25% :c5culture: Culture and -50% :c5unhappy: Unhappiness from Needs in Cities. When a :c5goldenage: Golden Age begins, 30% of :c5goldenage: Golden Age Points convert into :c5gold: Gold and :tourism: Tourism, and Cities gain 10 turns of Carnival. (Not Changed)

Byzantium:
Can always found a Religion, receives 1 Additional Belief when founding, and may select Beliefs present in other Religions. -15% :c5faith: Faith purchase costs, and may purchase unlocked :c5greatperson: Great People starting in the Classical Era.

Carthage:
+15 :c5gold: Gold when founding Cities, scaling with Era. +1 :c5gold: Gold to Fishing Boats.

Celts:
Has a unique set of Pantheon Beliefs that no one else can benefit from. Owned Cities with your Religion neither generate nor receive foreign Religious Pressure. +3 :c5faith: Faith in owned Cities where your Religion is the majority. (Not Changed)

China:
Gaining Cities grants "We Love the Empress Day", and +1 :c5food: Food in all Cities. +10% :c5food: Food during "We Love the Empress Day."

Denmark:
Embarked Units gain +1 :c5moves: Movement and pay just 1 :c5moves: Movement to Disembark. Melee Land Units gain the Viking Promotion, and Melee Naval Units gain the Longboat Promotion. (Not Changed)

Egypt:
+25% :c5production: Production towards Wonders (+50 % during :c5goldenage: Golden Ages). Artifacts gain +2 :c5science: Science and :c5culture: Culture.

England:
+1 :c5moves: Movement for Naval and Embarked Units, and -25% Naval Unit :c5gold: Maintenance.
+1 :c5production: Production and :c5gold: Gold from Ancient Docks, Lighthouse, Harbor, Drydock and Seaport.

Ethiopia:
When you complete a Policy Branch, adopt new Beliefs, or choose your first Ideology, receive 1 Free Technology.

France:
+15% :c5strength: Combat Strength for each subsequent attack against a single target during a turn. Great Works gain +1 :c5culture: Culture and :c5production: Production.

Greece:
City-State :c5influence: Influence degrades at half and recovers at twice the normal rate. Each City-State alliance boosts the :c5strength: Combat Strength of owned and Allied Units by +5% (up to 25%). City-State territory treats owned Units as a friendly Unit. (Not Changed)

Germany:
+1 :c5culture: Culture per City-State Ally and +1 :c5science: Science per Friend in :c5capital: Capital, scaling with Era.

Hun:
Friendly and Enemy :c5war: War Weariness is modified by 50%. Mounted Melee and Armor Units capture defeated Units. Claims adjacent unowned land tiles when Cities earn a tile of the same type. (Not Changed)

Inca:
Units ignore terrain costs when on Hills and may cross Mountains. Cities, Roads, and Railroads may be built on Mountains, and Mountains produce :c5food: Food, scaling with Era.

India:
Great Prophets require 35% less :c5faith: Faith. Cannot build Missionaries. Converts 50% of citizens in every city to the new majority religion when you found. +1 :c5faith: Faith to Shrines.

Indonesia:
When you gain a City, one of 3 unique Luxuries will appear nearby.

Iroquois:
Units move through Forest and Jungle as if they were roads, and these tiles establish City Connections. Military Land Units start with the Woodsman Promotion. (Not Changed [yet])

Japan:
+1 :c5culture: Culture and :c5faith: Faith from Defense and Military Training Buildings. When a Great Admiral or Great General is born, receive Great Artist, Writer and Musician Points in your Capital. (Not Changed)

Korea:
+1 :c5science: Science from Scientist, Engineer and Merchant Specialists, increasing by +1 in Bronze, Classical, Renaissance, Industrial, and Atomic Eras.

Maya:
After researching Mathematics, receive a bonus :c5greatperson: Great Person at the end of every Maya Long Count cycle (every 394 years). Each bonus :c5greatperson: Great Person can only be chosen once. (Not Changed)

Mongolia:
Mounted Ranged Units gain +2 :c5moves: Movement and ignore Zone of Control. +50% Tribute Yields from City-State bullying. (Not Changed)

Morocco:
+1 to all Yields in :c5capital: Capital per unique :trade: Trade Route partner, scaling with Era.

Netherland:
+1 :c5culture: Culture and +2 :c5gold: Gold for each different Luxury Resource you import or export from/to other Civilizations and City-States, scaling with Era. Can import duplicate Resources, and Major Civilization imports count towards Monopolies.

Ottomans:
Completing a :trade: Trade Route grants +75 :c5science: Science and :c5food: Food to the origin City if International, or :c5culture: Culture and :c5gold: Gold if Internal, bonuses scale with Era.

Persia:
:c5goldenage: Golden Ages last 50% longer, and 10% of your :c5gold: Gold income converts into :c5goldenage: Golden Age Points every turn. During a :c5goldenage: Golden Age, Units receive +1 :c5moves: Movement and a +15% :c5strength: Combat Strength bonus. (Not Changed)

Poland:
+1 :c5production: Production and :c5gold: Gold to Mines. Gain 2 additional Free Tenets when you adopt an Ideology for the first time.

Polynesia:
+1 Sight when Embarked, can always Embark and move over Oceans. +1 :c5food: Food from Fishing Boats and Atolls, and melee Naval Units can construct Fishing Boats. No :c5unhappy: Unhappiness from Isolation.

Portugal:
When a Trade Unit moves, receive +2 :c5science: Science, :c5gold: Gold, Great Admiral Points (for Cargo Ships), and Great General points (for Caravans), scaling with Era.

Rome:
+25% :c5production: Production towards Buildings present in :c5capital: Capital. +3 :c5production: Production to Palace.

Russia:
Iron, Coal and Aluminum provide double their normal quantity. Receive +10 :c5science: Science when your borders expand naturally, scaling with Era. Border growth is 25% faster.

Shoshone:
Founded Cities start with additional territory, and Land Units receive a combat bonus when fighting within their own territory. Horse provide double its normal quantity.

Siam:
+50% yields from Friendly and Allied City-States. +25% :c5strength: Combat Strength to Allied City-State Capitals. +10 Experience to Units gifted by City-States.

Songhai:
Triple :c5gold: Gold from pillaging Encampments and Cities. Land Units gain the War Canoe and Amphibious Promotions, and move along Rivers as if they were Roads. Rivers create City Connection. (Not Changed)

Spain:
+5 :c5faith: Faith and :c5gold: Gold to the Totems. Gain an Inquisitor whenever a City is conquered. May purchase Naval Units with :c5faith: Faith.

Sweden:
Land Melee Units have +20% :c5strength: Strength when attacking and Siege Units have +1 :c5moves: Movement. Military Units are healed and earn +15 XP when a Great General is born. Great General combat bonus increased by 15%. (Not Changed)

Venice:
Cannot create Settlers or Annex Cities. :trade: Trade Route cap doubled and target restriction removed. Free Merchant of Venice at Seafaring. :c5puppet: Puppets have -30% Yield penalties, can use :c5gold: Gold and gain :c5happy: Happiness like normal Cities. (Not Changed)

Zulu:
50% maintenance for Melee and Gun Units. All Units require 25% less Experience for Promotions. Your military ignores Alliance and Protection penalties and is 50% more effective at intimidating City-States.(Not Changed)

Spoiler Policy Changes :

Tradition:
Opener:
+1 :c5culture: Culture in the Capital for every 2 :c5citizen: Citizens.

Scaler:
+5% :c5food: Growth

Basic Defenses:
Prerequisite: Tradition Opener
Royal Guardhouse built in :c5capital: Capital (1 Engineer Specialist, +2 :c5strength: Defense, +50 Hit Points, +1 :c5production: Production).

Chieftain:
+1 :c5food: Food and +2 :c5happy: Happiness in the :c5capital: Capital

Harvest:
+1 :c5food: Food in the :c5capital: Capital

Farming:
+1 :c5food: Food in the :c5capital: Capital

Gardening:
Prerequisite: Basic Defenses, Chieftain
Palace Garden built in :c5capital: Capital (1 Writer Specialist, 1 :greatwork: Great Work of Writing slot, +2 :c5food: Food).

Cleared Land:
Prerequisite: Chieftain, Harvest, Farming
:c5culture: Culture cost of tiles reduced by 20% (exponentially) in all Cities. +1 :c5citizen: Population in the :c5capital: Capital

Justice:
Prerequisite: Harvest, Farming
Cities with a garrison gain +25% :c5rangedstrength: Ranged Combat Strength. +1 :c5production: Production to Royal Guardhouse.

Majesty:
Prerequisite: Gardening, Cleared Land, Justice
Specialists in :c5capital: Capital consume half the normal amount of :c5food: Food. +1 :c5food: Food to Palace Garden. State Treasury built in :c5capital: Capital (1 Merchant Specialist, +4 :c5gold: Gold, +10% :c5greatperson: Great Person Rate in City).

Ceremony:
National Wonders with Building requirements gain +1 :c5happy: Happiness. Court Astrologer built in :c5capital: Capital (1 Scientist Specialist, +2 :c5science: Science).

Splendor:
+1 :c5citizen: Population in the :c5capital: Capital. +1 :c5food: Food to Palace Garden. +2 :c5culture: Culture in the Capital.

Sovereignty:
Prerequisite: Justice
Throne Room built in :c5capital: Capital (+5% to all Yields, 1 Musician Specialist, 1 :greatwork: Great Work of Music slot, :c5goldenage: Golden Ages last 10% longer).

Finisher:
Unlocks building the University of Sankore.
Court Chapel built in :c5capital: Capital (1 Artist Specialist, 1 :greatwork: Great Work of Art slot, +2 :c5faith: Faith).
+1 :c5food: Food from all Great Person Improvements and Landmarks.
Allows for the purchase of Great Engineers with :c5faith: Faith starting in the Industrial Era.

Progress:
Opener:
Receive 5 :c5culture: Culture when a Technology is researched, scaling with Era.

Scaler:
+2% :c5science: Science.

Language:
Prerequisite: Progress Opener
Receive 5 :c5science: Science when a :c5citizen: Citizen is born in your :c5capital: Capital.
Receive 5 :c5science: Science for every :c5citizen: Citizen already in your :c5capital: Capital, scaling with Era.

Labor Force:
+1 :c5production: Production in every City.

Settlement Expansion:
+10% :c5production: Production towards buildings.

Ancient Astronomy:
Prerequisite: Language, Labor Force
Receive 5 :c5culture: Culture when a Technology is researched, scaling with Era.

Large Farms:
Prerequisite: Language, Labor Force, Settlement Expansion
+1 :c5food: Food in every City.

Infrastructure Projects:
Prerequisite: Labor Force, Settlement Expansion
+1 :c5production: Production in every City.

Organization:
Prerequisite: Ancient Astronomy, Large Farms
+1 :c5moves: Movement for all Civilian Units. Workers and Trade Units are trained 50% more quickly. +1 :c5science: Science in every City.

Fraternity:
Prerequisite: Ancient Astronomy, Large Farms, Infrastructure Projects
:c5gold: Gold maintenance for Routes reduced by 50%. Receive 5 :c5culture: Culture when a Technology is researched, scaling with Era. +1 :c5production: Production in every City.

Expertise:
Prerequisite: Large Farms, Infrastructure Projects
Cities earn 5 :c5culture: Culture when they construct Buildings, scaling with Era. +2 :c5happy: Happiness in every City.

Equality:
Prerequisite: Organization, Fraternity
A Settler appears near the :c5capital: Capital
:c5unhappy: Unhappiness Needs Modifier from :c5gold: Poverty, :c5science: Illiteracy, :c5culture: Boredom and :c5food:/:c5production: Distress reduced by 10% in all Cities. Each city you found will increase the :c5culture: Culture cost of policies by 33% less than normal.

Liberty: Fraternity, Expertise
Prerequisite: Organization, Fraternity, Expertise
A Worker appears near the :c5capital: Capital. +1 :c5gold: Gold in every City. Tile improvement rate increased by 25%.

Finisher:
Unlocks building the Forbidden Palace.
Receive 25 :c5culture: Culture when a Technology is researched, scaling with Era.
+1 :c5goldenage: Golden Age Points in every City.
Allows for the purchase of Great Writers with :c5faith: Faith starting in the Industrial Era.

Authority:
Opener:
Cities gain 10 :c5culture: Culture when their borders expand, scaling with Era.
+3 Border Growth Points in all Cities.

Scaler:
+3% combat bonus VS Barbarians. +1 :c5gold: Gold to the Palace.

Warrior Code:
Prerequisite: Authority Opener
+17% combat bonus VS Barbarians, and receive announcements when Barbarian Camps spawn in revealed territory.

Offering:
Gains :c5culture: Culture when you kill Units and clear Barbarian Camps. (100%)

Slave Labor:
+2 :c5production: Production in every City.

Early Conquest:
Cities gain 10 :c5production: Production when their borders expand, scaling with Era.

Raiding:
Prerequisite: Warrior Code, Offering
Killing a military unit generates :c5food: Food based on the :c5strength: Strength of the defeated unit (50%).

Military Advances:
Prerequisite: Warrior Code, Offering, Slave Labor
Killing a military unit generates :c5science: Science based on the :c5strength: Strength of the defeated unit (50%).

Tribute:
Prerequisite: Offering, Slave Labor, Early Conquest
Cities gain 10 :c5gold: Gold and :c5production: Production when their borders expand, scaling with Era.

Dominance:
Prerequisite: Slave Labor, Early Conquest
Melee units heal for 15 points after killing a military unit. Unit Supply generated by :c5citizen: Population increased by 10%.

Imperium:
Prerequisite: Raiding, Military Advances, Tribute
Receive 20 :c5science: Science and :c5culture: Culture when you found or conquer Cities, scaling with era. Conquest bonus also scales based on City :c5citizen: Population.

Discipline:
Prerequisite: Military Advances, Tribute
Each City with a garrison generates +1 :c5happy: Happiness and +1 :c5culture: Culture. :c5gold: Gold maintenance for Units reduced by 25%.

Honor:
Prerequisite: Tribute, Dominance
Unit gain +10% :c5strength: Strength. Supply-free military Units spawn near Cities that reach (or have already reached) a multiple of 7 :c5citizen: Citizens for the first time. :c5war: War Weariness reduced by 25%.

Finisher:
Unlocks Wonder Alhambra and building Slave Camp.
Yields from Tribute Policy doubled.
-25% :c5gold: Gold cost when purchasing units.
Allows for the purchase of Great Generals with :c5faith: Faith starting in the Industrial Era.

Spoiler Slave Camp :

Slave Camp:
Unlocked by Authority Finisher
50 :c5production: Production
No Maintenance
Slave: +3

Fealty:
Opener:
+100% :c5production: Construction Rate of Castles and Armories

Scalar:
+1 :c5food: Food and :c5strength: Defense in every City

Blessing:
Prerequisite: Fealty Opener
-25% :c5faith: Faith costs for purchasing Buildings, Missionaries, and Inquisitors.

Monastery:
Can purchase Monasteries with :c5faith: Faith (+2 :c5faith: Faith and :c5food: Food; +1 Delegate for every 20 Cities following your Religion)

Sacred Text:
+2 :c5science: Science to Monastery

Prayer:
Prerequisite: Blessing, Monastery
+1 :c5faith: Faith to Shrine, Temple and Faith-purchased buildings

Common Pastures:
Prerequisite: Blessing, Monastery, Sacred Text
Pastures generate +1 :c5production: Production and :c5gold: Gold.

Bailey:
Prerequisite: Monastery, Sacred Text
+4 :c5food: Food and :c5strength: Defense in every City

Nobility:
Prerequisite: Prayer
+1 :c5happy: Happiness and +1 :c5gold: Gold from Castles, and +1 :c5gold: Gold from Armories.

Divine Right:
Prerequisite: Prayer, Common Pastures
Receive 15 :c5culture: Culture when a :c5citizen: Citizen is born in any city, scaling with Era.
:c5unhappy: Unhappiness Needs Modifier for :c5culture: Boredom reduced by 15%.

Serfdom:
Prerequisite: Prayer, Common Pastures, Bailey
+1 :c5food: Food from Farms

Organized Religion:
Prerequisite: Bailey
+50% Pressure in all nearby Cities without your majority Religion.

Burghers:
Prerequisite: Nobility, Divine Right, Serfdom, Organized Religion
+15% :c5production: Production and city Border Growth doubled during Golden Ages and "We Love the King Day." 1 Specialist in each City no longer produces :c5unhappy: Unhappiness from Urbanization.

Finisher:
Unlocks building the Red Fort.
The :tourism: Tourism modifier for Shared Religion is increased by 25%.
Cities that follow your Majority Religion generate +2 :c5science: Science, :c5faith: Faith, :c5production: Production and :c5culture: Culture.

Statecraft:
Opener:
+5 :c5gold: Gold in Capital

Scalar:
+5% :c5gold: Gold
+3% :c5influence: Influence from Trade Missions

Foreign Influence:
Prerequisite: Statecraft Opener
+17% :c5influence: Influence from Trade Missions

Resource Trade:
Prerequisite: Statecraft Opener
+1 Iron and Horses for every two City-State Alliances you maintain.

Chancery:
Prerequisite: Foreign Influence
Unlocks Chancery.

Interstate Assemblies:
Prerequisite: Foreign Influence, Resource Trade
Earn Great Diplomats 50% faster, and gain +50% Rewards from City-State Quests.

Envoy:
Prerequisite: Resource Trade
Unlocks Envoy.

Permanent Ambassador:
Prerequisite: Chancery, Interstate Assemblies
Resting point for :c5influence: Influence level with City-States is increased by 20.

Foreign Service:
Prerequisite: Chancery, Interstate Assemblies, Envoy
+25% :c5production: Production of Diplomatic Units in all Cities.

Trade Confederacy:
Prerequisite: Interstate Assemblies, Envoy
+25% Yields for Trade Routes.
Trade Routes to City-States generate +1 :c5influence: Influence per turn (with the target City-State) per each owned City-State Trade Route (up to +5).

Shadow Networks:
Prerequisite: Permanent Ambassador, Foreign Service
Receive 25% of :c5science: Science generated by Allied City-States.

Consulates:
Prerequisite: Permanent Ambassador, Foreign Service, Trade Confederacy
+1 Delegate in the World Congress for every 8 City-States originally in the World.

Exchange Markets:
Prerequisite: Foreign Service, Trade Confederacy
Resources from City-States count towards Global Monopolies.

Finisher:
Unlocks building the Palace of Westminster.
Every World Congress Session, gain :c5culture: Culture, :c5science: Science and :c5gold: Gold based on the number of Delegates you control, scaling with Era.
World Wonders require 1 less unlocked Policy for every 5 City-State alliances you maintain.

Artistry:
Opener:
+100% :c5production: Construction Rate of all Guilds

Scalar:
+2 :c5goldenage: Golden Age Points and +3% :c5greatperson: Great Person rates in all Cities.

Patronage:
Prerequisite: Artistry Opener

Commissioned Art:
Great Works of Music: +2 :c5gold: Gold
Great Works of Literature: +2 :c5goldenage: Golden Age Points

Printing Press:
+2 :tourism: Tourism and :c5goldenage: Golden Age Points from Universities.

Artistic Revolution:

Architectures:
Prerequisite: Patronage, Commissioned Art
+2 :c5culture: Culture and :c5production: Production from Amphitheaters and Opera Houses.

Rebirth:
Prerequisite: Patronage, Commissioned Art, Printing Press
+10% :c5culture: Culture in all Cities during :c5goldenage: Golden Ages.

Humanism:
Prerequisite: Commissioned Art, Printing Press, Artistic Revolution
Artifacts: +1 :c5science: Science
Great Works of Art gain +1 :c5culture: Culture

Refinement:
Prerequisite: Printing Press, Artistic Revolution
+2 :c5happy: Happiness from all Guilds.
+1 :c5culture: Culture from Specialists

Heritage:
Prerequisite: Architectures, Rebirth
+50 :c5goldenage: Golden Age Points when you construct World or National Wonders, scaling with Era.

National Treasure:
Prerequisite: Rebirth, Humanism
Two :c5greatperson: Great Person of your choice appears near your :c5capital: Capital.

Cultural Exchange:
Prerequisite: Refinement, Humanism
The :tourism: Tourism modifier for Open Borders with other Civilizations is increased by 10%.

Finisher:
Unlocks building the Louvre.
Completing an Archaeological Dig or starting a :c5goldenage: Golden Age generates :tourism: Tourism with all known Civilization.
Allows you to see Hidden Antiquity Sites, and Landmarks gain +3 :c5science: Science and :c5goldenage: Golden Age Points
Allows for the purchase of Great Musicians with :c5faith: Faith starting in the Industrial Era

Spoiler Enlightenment Era Building Changes :

Academy:
+2 :c5science: Science
-1 :c5unhappy: Unhappiness from :c5science: Illiteracy. +5% Great Scientist, Great Engineer and Great Merchant rate in the City.
City must not contain a Salon.

Bastion:
+5 :c5strength: Defense and +100 HP
Increases the City's :c5rangedstrength: Ranged Strike Range by 1. Garrisoned units receive an additional 10 HP when healing in this City.
City must have a Castle.

Cloth Mill:
+3 :c5production: Production
-1 :c5unhappy: Unhappiness from :c5gold: Poverty. Each source of Cotton, Sheep and Silk worked by this City produces +1 :c5gold: Gold.

Drydock:
Naval units trained in this City have +15% :c5strength: Combat Strength. Increases City Hit Points by 100.
City must have a Harbor.

Gunsmith:
+1 Supply Cap Local
+10% :c5production: Production when building Gunpowder, Armor and Siege Units which also receive additional 5 XP. Increases the Military Unit Supply Cap by 1.

Public School:
+3 :c5science: Science
Allows Archaeologists to be built in this City.
-1 :c5unhappy: Unhappiness from :c5science: Illiteracy.

Salon:
-1 :c5unhappy: Unhappiness from :c5culture: Boredom. +5% Great Artist, Great Musician and Great Writer rate in the City.
City must not contain an Academy.

Weigh House:
+3 :c5gold: Gold
Adds a Merchant Specialist.
City must have a Bank.

Windmill:
+10% :c5production: Production when constructing Buildings. Nearby Marshes and Lakes produce +1 :c5production: Production and :c5gold: Gold.

Zoo:
+2 :c5culture: Culture and +1 :tourism: Boredom
-1 :c5unhappy: Unhappiness from :c5culture: Boredom.

Spoiler Wonder Changes :

Fasil Ghebbi:
+50 HP, +10 :c5strength: Defense and +3 Military Unit Supply Cap in this City.
Friendly military units within 3-tile range of Fasil Ghebbi gain +25% :c5strength: Combat Strength.

Kronborg:
Free Great Admiral
+50 HP, +5 :c5strength: Defense and +3 Military Unit Supply Cap in this City.
+15% :c5production: Production for Naval Units in the City where the Wonder is built in. City must be built on the coast.

Torre Del Oro:
N/A

Uffizi:
N/A

Wat Phra Kaew:
+1 :c5science: Science to all Shrines and Temples
No river requirement anymore.

Spoiler Unit Changes :

Field Gun:
250 :c5production: or 300 :c5faith:
20 :c5strength: CS
30 :c5rangedstrength: RCS

Frigate:
34 :c5rangedstrength: RCS

Light Infantry:
200 :c5production: or 300 :c5faith:
33 :c5rangedstrength: RCS

Line Infantry:
200 :c5production: or 250 :c5faith:
31 :c5strength: CS

Ship of the Line:
32 :c5strength: CS

Warrior:
Cost: 35 :c5production: Production

Spoiler Misc Changes :

All buildings before Industrial Era lost Tourism upon completing a TR.
Tree of Life gains +1 :c5culture: Culture

This is really cool, but doesn't seem to play well with AG's Machine Era Mod, AG's Modified Industrial Era, & AG's Modified Modern Era mods. I got the option to Choose Ideology right after I founded my 1st city.

This is really cool, but doesn't seem to play well with AG's Machine Era Mod, AG's Modified Industrial Era, & AG's Modified Modern Era mods. I got the option to Choose Ideology right after I founded my 1st city.

I don't think they are compatible. I will be integrating all of those into this mod eventually. Just have a lot of things to add and not enough free time. :)

Sounds great! I've been using your 3 late era mods since you released them & I enjoy the complexity that they offer. I played your prehistoric mod a couple of times, and there were a couple of things I would suggest as changes. First, I didn't find any goody huts or Natural Wonders after covering half the (huge) world. Secondly, there were no ways to gain Culture of Faith until building the Palace, which was frustrating. I like to build a Religion ASAP and didn't get one ready until turn 250-300. Like the Palace, Settlers seem to come a bit late too. I spent several turns with one city, building axemen the city something to do and then deleting them because I'd reached the military cap.
I've playing with Ancient Techs Rebalanced for a couple of years and I'm very happy to see that you've taken up the prehistoric era. I'll bee looking for the updates! Thank you!

Sounds great! I've been using your 3 late era mods since you released them & I enjoy the complexity that they offer. I played your prehistoric mod a couple of times, and there were a couple of things I would suggest as changes. First, I didn't find any goody huts or Natural Wonders after covering half the (huge) world. Secondly, there were no ways to gain Culture of Faith until building the Palace, which was frustrating. I like to build a Religion ASAP and didn't get one ready until turn 250-300. Like the Palace, Settlers seem to come a bit late too. I spent several turns with one city, building axemen the city something to do and then deleting them because I'd reached the military cap.
I've playing with Ancient Techs Rebalanced for a couple of years and I'm very happy to see that you've taken up the prehistoric era. I'll bee looking for the updates! Thank you!

Appreciate it! I'm thinking of adding more mechanics to the later eras but those are still ideas on paper at the moment.

I'll look into goody hut and Natural Wonders when I get the chance. I haven't modified those things yet but maybe something was overlooked.

The most recent update for this mod actually provides Culture from turn one so policies are unlocked in Neolithic Era. I'm still on the fence about what to do with religion. Palace and Settlers are unlocked later for a reason. Until I can figure out how to simulate the Bronze Age Collapse, expansion will be severely limited early on, though I would find it weird to see civilizations expanding like crazy that early on. In some ways, I see the border expansions are more realistic but I'll be open to ideas once I start diving into the dll in the future.

There will be more changes coming to the early game. I'm working on integrating the late era mods and hope to release it on New Years day or shortly afterwards. Things should hopefully be more balanced.

Thanks for playing! If you have feedback or thoughts, feel free to post them! They can help me balance the mod more due to my limited time to play this with all the modding I still need to do. :)

Happy New Year everyone!

Just a small update to start off the new year. Summary below and details in spoilers.

Code:
Four new strategic resources: Energy, Steel, Ammunition, Explosives (Only Energy and Steel are used. Other two will be utilized in one of the future patches.)
Machine Era added between Industrial Era and Modern Era with new buildings (no units)
Industrial Building, Units, National Wonders and Wonders all tweaked (Naval units untouched as there will be a naval rework in the future)
New Buildings added to both Enlightenment Era and Industrial Era
Modifier Modern Era Mod wasn't implemented due to plans for one of the future patches

Spoiler AG's Tweak for VP v0.3.9 [Misc Rework 3] :

Spoiler New Strategic Resources :

Energy:
Revealed at Manufacturing.

Steel:
Revealed at Steam Power.

Ammunition:
Revealed at Manufacturing.

Explosives:
Revealed at Dynamite.

Spoiler Machine Era Techs :

Motion Pictures:
Prereq Tech:Archaeology, Industrialization
Theme Park (B)
Cinema (B)
Artists: +1 :c5gold: Gold
Musicians: +1 :c5gold: Gold

Early Public Works
:
Prereq Tech: Industrialization, Fertilizer
Sewer System (B)
Wastewater Treatment Plant (B)
Fire Department (B)
Correctional Facility (B)

Steel Production:
Prereq Tech: Industrialization, Dynamite
Industrial Chemical Plant (B)
Industrial Fertilizer Plant (B)
Industrial Cement Factory (B)
Early Munition Factory (B)
Manufactory gain +1 :c5production: Production.

Assembly Line
:
Prereq Tech: Industrialization, Military Science
Medium Ammunition Factory (B)
Medium Explosives Factory (B)

Propaganda:
Prereq Tech: Dynamite, Military Science
Newspaper Company (B)
Advertisement Company (B)
Radio Factory (B)

Modern Art:
Prereq Tech: Motion Pictures, Early Public Works
Conservatory (B)
Art Exhibitions (B)
Art Gallery (B)

Electrification:
Prereq Tech: Early Public Works, Steel Production
Modern Steam Plant (B)
Early Power Stations (B)

Mass Market:
Prereq Tech: Steel Production, Assembly Line, Early Public Works
Fishery (B)
Department Store (B)

Rail Transportation:
Prereq Tech: Steel Production, Assembly Line, Propaganda
Coal Mines (B)
Deep Coal Mines (B)
Train Terminal (B)
More Movements on Rail

Petroleum:
Prereq Tech: Assembly Line, Propaganda
Fuel Refinery (B)
Oil Well (I)
Filling Station (B)

Spoiler New Buildings :

Enlightenment Era:

Early Munition Factory:

Unlocked at Manufacturing
Energy: -2
900 :c5production: Production cost
Ammunition: +2

Early Shipyards:

Unlocked at Warships
Iron: -2
Steel: +4
Naval Units: +5 XP

Steam Plant:
Unlocked at Manufacturing
Coal: -2
Energy: +6

Industrial Era:

Civilian Weapons Factory I:
Unlocked at Industrialization
Requires Factory.
1250 :c5production: Production cost
3 :c5gold: Maintenance
-2 :c5food: Food
Ammunition: +1

Civilian Weapons Factory II:
Requires Civilian Weapons Factory I.
Requires Factory.
Ammunition: +1

Civilian Weapons Factory III:
Requires Civilian Weapons Factory II.
Requires Factory.
Ammunition: +2

Industrial Dye Factory:
Requires Factory.
No Maintenance

Industrial Fabric Factory:
Requires Industrial Dye Factory.
No Maintenance
Cloth Mill and Factory in the City gains +2 :c5gold: Gold

Industrial Glass Factory:
Requires Factory.
+3 :c5culture: Culture
Museum in the City gains +2 :c5culture: Culture

Industrial Shipyards:
Iron: -4
Requires Factory.
Steel: +10
Naval Units: +5 XP

Industrial Steam Plant:
Unlocked at Steam Power
Coal: -3
Requires Steam Plant.
Energy: +10

Industrial Steel Mill
:
Iron: -4
Requires Factory.
Steel: +8

Machine Parts Factory:
Steel: -2
Requires Factory.
+6 :c5production: Production
Industrial Steel Mill in the City gains +4 :c5production: Production

Racetrack:
Unlocked at Fertilizer
Horses: -3
+3 :c5happy: Happiness
+2 :tourism: Tourism

School of Equestrian Art:
Unlocked at Fertilizer
Horses: -3
+5 :c5happy: Happiness

Small Ammunition Factory:
Unlocked at Rifling
No Maintenance
+3 :c5gold: Gold
Ammunition: +5
+2 to :c5production: Production Civilian Weapons Factory I, II and III.
Gunpowder Units: +5 XP
Archer Units: +5 XP

Small Explosive Factory:
Unlocked at Dynamite
-1 :c5food: Food
Explosives: +4
Siege Units: +5 XP

Machine Era:
Advertisement Company:
unlocked at Propaganda
Paper: -2
1450 :c5production: Production cost
No Maintenance
-4 :c5food: Food
+2 :c5happy: Happiness

Art Exhibitions:
unlocked at Modern Art
1600 :c5production: Production cost
+4 :c5culture: Culture
+1 :c5happy: Happiness
Great Works gain +1 :tourism: Tourism

Art Gallery:
unlocked at Modern Art
+4 :c5culture: Culture
-1 :c5unhappy: Unhappiness from Boredom
Great Works gain +1 :c5culture: Culture

Cinema:
unlocked at Motions Pictures
Energy: -1
Great Works gain +1 :c5gold: Gold
+1 :c5gold: Gold to Theme Park in the City

Coal Mines:
unlocked at Rail Transportation
600 :c5production: Production cost
No Maintenance
-1 :c5food: Food
Coal: +3

Conservatory:
unlocked at Modern Art
+1 :c5happy: Happiness
Great Works gain +1 :c5gold: Gold

Correctional Facility:
unlocked at Early Public Works
-1 :c5unhappy: Unhappiness from Poverty and Distress

Deep Coal Mines:
No Maintenance
+1 :c5gold: Gold
Coal: +4

Department Store:
unlocked at Mass Market
Energy: -4
+3 :c5gold: Gold to Consumer Goods Factories
+1 :c5gold: Gold to all tiles with Bonus Resources

Early Power Stations:
unlocked at Electrification
Coal: -1
Energy: +4

Filling Station:
unlocked at Petroleum
Oil: -4
+3 :c5gold: Gold to Oil Well
+3 :c5gold: Gold to Fuel Refinery

Fire Department:
+5 :c5happy: Happiness

Fishery:
unlocked at Mass Market
Must be built in a coastal city
All Fishing Boats gain +2 :c5gold: Gold and :c5food: Food
-1 :c5unhappy: Unhappiness from Poverty

Industrial Cement Factory:
unlocked at Steel Production
Energy: -3
Requires Industrial Chemical Plant.
+4 :c5production: Production
+10% :c5production: Production when constructing buildings.

Industrial Chemical Plant:
Steel: -4
Requires Industrial Steel Mill.
Research Lab in City gains +3 :c5science: Science

Industrial Fertilizer Plant:
Requires Industrial Chemical Plant.
+4 :c5food: Food to Farms

Medium Ammunition Factory:
unlocked at Assembly Line
Iron: -2
Requires Small Ammunition Factory.
No Maintenance
+7 :c5gold: Gold
Ammunition: +7
Gunpowder Units: +5 XP
Archer Units: +5 XP

Medium Explosive Factory:
unlocked at Assembly Line
Requires Small Explosive Factory.
Explosives: +5
Siege Units: +5 XP
Gunpowder Units: +10 XP

Modern Steam Plant:
unlocked at Electrification
Coal: -3
Requires Industrial Steam Plant.
Energy: +8

Newspaper Company:
unlocked at Propaganda
No Maintenance

Radio Factory:
unlocked at Propaganda
+3 :c5production: Production
+3 :c5happy: Happiness
Armor Units: +5 XP

Sewer System:

Theme Park:
unlocked at Motions Pictures
No Maintenance
-3 :c5food: Food
+3 :c5culture: Culture
+3 :tourism: Tourism

Train Terminal:
Energy: -4
Requires Train Station.
+2 :c5gold: Gold, :c5production: Production and :c5food: Food
+2 :c5gold: Gold to Coal
+3 :c5gold: Gold to Train Stations

Wastewater Treatment Plant:
Requires Sewer System.
+3 :c5food: Food to Sewer System in the City

Spoiler Industrial Era Building Changes :

Agribusiness:
Horses: -2
Farms and Pastures worked by the City gain +2 :c5gold: Gold. 5% of :c5food: Food created by the City counts as :c5gold: Gold per turn.

Arsenal:
+15 :c5strength: Defense and +100 HP
Allows Indirect Fire.
City must have a Bastion.

Factory:
-3 :c5food: Food and +3 :c5production: Production
Manufactories worked by the City gain +2 :c5production: Production.
1 Specialist in this City no longer produces :c5unhappy: Unhappiness from Urbanization.

Hotel:
Unlocked in a later era.

Menagerie:
No Maintenance
+2 :c5gold: Gold, +2 :c5science: Science, +1 :c5culture: Culture and +1 :tourism: Tourism
City must have a Zoo.

Military Academy:
+1 :c5science: Science and +1 Supply Cap Local
+15% :c5production: Production towards Land Units, and +25 XP for all Units. -1 :c5unhappy: Unhappiness from :c5food: / :c5production: Distress.

Museum:
+2 :c5culture: Culture and +1 :tourism: Tourism
+1 :c5culture: Culture to Great Works
+15% Great Artist Rate in the City.
Artist in the City gain +2 :c5gold: Gold.

Seaport:
+20% :c5production: Production
+1 :c5production: Production and :c5gold: Gold from all Ocean and Coastal tiles.
+1 :c5production: Production and :c5gold: Gold from Sea Resources worked by this City.
City must be built on the coast, and cannot have a Train Station in the City.

Train Station:
+10% :c5production: Production and :c5gold: Gold
Internal Trade Routes from this City generate +3 :c5food: Food and :c5production: Production. Requires a :c5trade: Connection via Railroad Tiles to the :c5capital: Capital, or to a City connected to the :c5capital: Capital, before it can be constructed.
City cannot have a Seaport in the City.

Spoiler Industrial Era National Wonder/Wonder Changes :

Brandenburg Gate:
+5 Military Supply
Receive 1 Free Great General. +15 XP for Units built in all Cities. -1 :c5unhappy: Unhappiness from :c5gold: Poverty in this City.

Eiffel Tower:
:c5culture: Culture cost of adopting new Policies reduced by 10%

Hermitage:
+2 :c5culture: Culture, +10% :c5culture: Culture
Reduces Unhappiness Needs Modifier for :c5culture: Boredom by 10% in all Cities.

Louvre:
Free Museum and Great Artist
2 Free Archaeologists

Neuschwanstein:
+3 :c5gold: Gold and +2 :c5culture: Culture
Policies Required: 18
Can only be built in a City within 2 tiles of a Mountain that is inside your territory. +1 :c5gold: Gold, :c5culture: Culture and :c5happy: Happiness from every Castle.

Palace of Westminster:
Free Great Merchant
Receive 1 Free Great Merchant, and Grants 2 Additional Delegates in the World Congress for every 8 City-States in the game. -1 :c5unhappy: Unhappiness from :c5gold: Poverty in this City.

Slater Mill:
+4 :c5production: Production
Free Factory.
Coal: +4

Smithsonian Institute:
+4 :c5science: Science
Policies Required: 18
All Galleries and Museums gain +1 :c5culture: Culture.
Reduces Unhappiness Needs Modifier for :c5science: Illiteracy by 10% in all Cities.

Spoiler Unit Changes :

Berber Cavalry:
400 :c5production: or 400 :c5faith:
36 :c5strength: CS
35 :c5rangedstrength: RCS, 2 Range

Carolean:
34 :c5strength: CS

Cavalry:
34 :c5strength: CS
34 :c5rangedstrength: RCS, 2 Range

Colonist:
N/A

Comanche Riders:
35 :c5strength: CS
37 :c5rangedstrength: RCS, 2 Range

Commando:
N/A

Cossack:
45 :c5strength: CS

Cruiser:

Diplomat:

Foreign Legion:
N/A

Fusilier:
350 :c5production: or 400 :c5faith:
38 :c5strength: CS

Gatling Gun:
35 :c5strength: CS
42 :c5rangedstrength: RCS

Howitzer:
39 :c5rangedstrength: RCS

Ironclad:

Mehal Sefari:
42 :c5strength: CS

Minuteman:
Replaces Light Infantry
Unlocked at Fortification
35 :c5rangedstrength: RCS

Uhlan:
43 :c5strength: CS

I've run into a bug where as soon as I research Mercenaries, I am only allowed to make buildings from that tech and the 2 directly above it in the tree; none of the earlier buildings are available to build anymore.

I've run into a bug where as soon as I research Mercenaries, I am only allowed to make buildings from that tech and the 2 directly above it in the tree; none of the earlier buildings are available to build anymore.

It's not a bug. Just an incomplete feature that still needs a lot more work. Next patch, I aim to make starting at Iron Era a possibility so people can play the other eras (if they want) until I finish the earlier Eras.

I am going to try this mod for sure, usually my games take 3 weeks + to play, so I want to ask about some modmods that I think are not compatible. Will be possible to play with something like MUCfVP, Monopoly Buildings for VP, Better Lakes, UI-Improved City View and Few More Buildibgs for VP?

Top Bottom