1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

AI and Nukes

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Starfflame, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Starfflame

Starfflame Twilight Sparkle.

Does anyone know if the AI actually uses nukes now in G+K?

In vanilla CiV I wasn't even nuked ONCE. It'd be interesting to see the AI actually use nuclear weapons in the G+K expansion pack. :p

2. smallfish

smallfish Immortal

They've always used nukes in vanilla CiV...

3. A Rabid Dopsis

A Rabid Dopsis Warlord

You've NEVER been nuked? Are you perhaps playing at warlord or some such? Climb a couple of difficulty levels and you'll now what it is to be nuked!

4. blackcatatonic

blackcatatonic Queen of Meme

I've never been nuked and I play on King or Emperor. I have seen it happen to other players at that level though.

5. A Rabid Dopsis

A Rabid Dopsis Warlord

I was once nuked on prince. It was Gandhi in one of his rare (but wonderful!) snowball domination moods. It was a pretty pointless border city, though.

6. Nyanko

Nyanko Prince

I got myself holocausted by the AI during a future start Prince game I was playing some time ago. They nuked every city of mine, as I did not have the Uranium reserves to first strike them

7. PAVLOS_GR300

PAVLOS_GR300 Greek

i play at prince and i havent seen a nuke by the ai

8. HazzMadd

HazzMadd Chieftain

I've never been nuked, it I've also always won a science or culture victory before then, and then continued onward to the future and pre empitivly bomb all my enemies and keep my friends as pet states.

9. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

Wow, for a while there I just stopped playing somewhere in the Industrial era because my nearest neighbor would just instantly start bombing me like a turn after DoW

10. Heerlo

Heerlo Jedi Master Hearlo

I don't think I've ever been nuked either except on multiplayer, and I play on prince mostly.

11. Cymsdale

Cymsdale Prince

I've always either been dominating by the time that nukes become relevant, or crushed before they come into play.

12. Nyanko

Nyanko Prince

Thats why you bomb them the turn you DoW, get rid of all their garrisoned nukes. Nukes I feel have two purposes. 1) Get rid of other nukes and aircraft 2) Get rid of a carpet of doom (ICBM's only)

13. strhopper

strhopper Okie

I play on king and have been nuked plenty of times....to the point if a close neighbor finishes Manhattan project I tend to Dow them....never fails if I don't some time down the line they will start eye balling me

14. Valbuena

Valbuena Warlord

even at warlord they nuke you!

15. Starfflame

Starfflame Twilight Sparkle.

Yeah, I've seriously never seen a single nuke be dropped on me, at warlord/prince difficulty...

16. CatGarfield

CatGarfield Chieftain

Now that I think of it, I've never been nuked either. And I play mostly Immortal, Deity every once in a while. There have been games where I've had a colossal AI neighbor with nukes, but they've had better use for them against other AIs and I've managed to pull off victory before I became their target. Or they've been so far away that their nukes weren't a threat.

Two more days of waiting for the G&K expansion...frustrating.

17. Putmalk

Putmalk Deity

In the new expansion it appears there are now two distinct flavors for the AI using nukes; building them, and using them (FLAVOR_NUKE, FLAVOR_USE_NUKE).

My only assumption is that certain leaders will stock up on nukes, but use them only if they don't care about nuclear proliferation. (Gandhi has 12 FLAVOR_NUKE, 12 FLAVOR_USE_NUKE, beware!)