AI DoF trolling/cheating

Smokey McDope

Warlord
So I have this "friend", who is looking weak. He looks ripe for a comp bow smackdown. I estimate I can likely have everything ready to go when the DoF expires and begin my buildup. Well I'm all nicely set up to invade and the turn to expire comes and goes. It's now counting into NEGATIVE turns to expire. I cannot find any way to revoke it in diplomacy menus, it remains active in negative turns. Going to war anyway hits me with the "you declared war on your friend" backstab penalty with everyone else, even though it's supposed to have run out 5 turns ago at this point. How do you fix this?

Emperor, America (random), Epic, Continents, Large. Target is Poland.

No mods. Game is updated to whatever version Steam updates it to. I bought a package on sale with all the dlc and both expansions.

Unfortunately, the Global Politics display does not accurately show the duration of DOFs, denunciations, etc. for games at speeds other than Standard. Standard duration is 50 turns, and that is what the Global Politics screen shows for all game speeds, but the actual duration is 75 turns on epic (standard x 1.5). When the timer counts down to -25 turns, the DOF will expire. Marathon is even worse, of course (total of 150 turns, so it doesn't expire until the display shows -100 turns).

Unfortunately, the Global Politics display does not accurately show the duration of DOFs, denunciations, etc. for games at speeds other than Standard. Standard duration is 50 turns, and that is what the Global Politics screen shows for all game speeds, but the actual duration is 75 turns on epic (standard x 1.5). When the timer counts down to -25 turns, the DOF will expire. Marathon is even worse, of course (total of 150 turns, so it doesn't expire until the display shows -100 turns).

Top Bottom