1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

AI double attacks

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by sershe, Mar 31, 2018.

1. Nalain

Nalain Chieftain

I don't think the double war is the biggest problem, even if there is no surprise civ always attacks you with an allie. The most disturbing to me is civ which has no chance to do something to me will declare war. When a neightbour with even not 1/10 of my army strength declare war to me, whatever he likes me or not, it is juste nonsence. Sometimes i just wait for a "Merry christmas, i declare war to you so you can take my cities !" :crazyeye: :lol:

2. Rambo919

Rambo919 Warlord

Yeah it's even worse late game where I developed the habit of waiting for a DoW and then proceeding to take over the whole of the idiot's empire partially just so I don't have to deal with it any more... exception being once beginning of a game were Holland smoked too much weed and dual warred against me with neither army nor walls.... basically GIVING me 8 cities after I had been nothing but nice.... my opportunism might have been fueled by annoyance I admit.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
  3. Hep Roc Heretic

Hep Roc Heretic Chieftain

Here's an oddity:

Friends with Arabia and Greece (Gorgo) in my current game. Saladin wanted me to join him in a joint war against his neighbor, Greece. I said no. A few turns later, he asked me to join him in a war against his other neighbor, Korea (Saladin was really wanting to rumble). I was preparing to invade Korea anyway, so even though it's a few turns earlier than I'd planned on, I agreed to a joint war. Two or three turns later, both Saladin and Gorgo declare war against me. Now, I'm in two wars, and so is Saladin. Really, Saladin? Happy now?

4. Stevanovic

Stevanovic Warlord

I've just finished a game playing Australia and had a lot of joint wars declared against me.

Netherlands and Georgia would DOW me and I would pillage them back to the stone age, then bankrupt them with peace deals, but without capturing any cities and then 20 or so turns later they would DOW again. Alternatively it was Scythia and Poland doing the same thing. It got really silly because the AI didn't have time to repair the damage I had caused by pillaging in earlier joint wars so there was very little to pillage in successive joint wars.

Playing as Australia I got the 100% production bonus for 10 turns for every DOW so I soon had by far the most powerful armed forces in the game, but that made no difference to the semi-continuous suicidal joint wars against me.

The only respite from joint wars came with emergencies to liberate city states the AI had captured, which of course I accepted for the 100% production bonus for 20 turns for every liberation.

Eventually I gave up on the cultural victory, stopped worrying about being labeled a warmonger, started capturing cities and used the massive production bonuses and pillaging for a science victory.

Sometimes I would kill a couple of enemy units, then the AI would do nothing for 10 turns. I would just accept a peace deal when it was offered at nominal cost to them and just use the 100% production bonus they kept giving me.

5. Bro

Bro Warlord

Double attack you say? Last game I played I got a quadruple attack! Never seen 4 AIs get so pissed off at me from nothing. I accepted peace treaties one by one when they were willing to ask for it, but yet all of them disliked me for being a warmonger.