Air Force's of the World

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Unit Graphics' started by Delta_Strife, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Archivist, redux Supporter

Ah .. My first day "back on my feet," and :woohoo:

2. Delta_Strife

Delta_Strife Deity Supporter

Update: Siebel Si 204 added for various air forces.

3. clamel

clamel Prince

Hm, almost embarresed to ask for these after you done such a massive amount of aircrafts for almost every Air Force. BUT
    Thinking on the wars between India and Pakistan I kind of miss aircrafts from Pakistan Air Force in that period (50s-60s) and forward (Have I missed that). Some Indians too perhaps.

One aircraft for the India Air Force that served them very well during the 65 Wars was the Folland Gnat (same as the Red Arrows use) called the "Sabre Slayer" after killing off a lot of Pakistans F-86 Sabres in dogfights. Then their improved version HAL Ajeet (late 70s), and of course we got the RAF Hawk T1A that also serve in India Air Force (and many more)
    Think Wyrmshadow made some F-104s, but not for Pakistan.
    So F-86 and F-104 for Pakistan would be nice (maybe Canberras). Modern PAF have had many buys discussed, made and cancelled. F-16, Mirage2000, Su-27, Mig-29 to mentioning a few to bolster Pakistan Air Force up to modern age.
    The earliest PAF would be Tempests, Typhoons, Halifax, think Supermarine Attacker was one of the early jets.

I hope you look into this possible collection of Pakistan Air Force, well needed if scenarios for these India-Pakistan wars should be in the pipeline somewhere or any Cold War thing.
    Even without such a scenario I think Pakistan Air Force could be fun to have added.
    :p

4. clamel

clamel Prince

How nice to se you back on the forum. Your words of wisdom have always been appreciated on this game.

5. Ozymandias

How kind of you! :) But your own quote puts it so well - “We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.”

6. clamel

clamel Prince

Forgot to say thanks for the Siebel, can used as primary recon-plane (and transport) for many countries. But would love to see another aircraft in this recon-role that might be more know, the Avro Anson. Can't find that it has been made so I add it my my wish-list.

7. Delta_Strife

Lots of requests not sure if I can fulfill them all. Missing models for the Gnat and the Hal Ajeet well I need a new program for it but that costs money. I hate talking about myself but like most people during this crisis things are not looking very promising financially so I cannot see myself spending money on my hobby. You spend 10 years at a place working hard and making it better and it turns out for nothing because management was running the company on a dangerous edge and well I am pretty sure this has tipped it over. Tis what it is and their aint much I can do about it. Motivation is low but dammit I have people under me who depend on me so I go to work everyday and still do the best I can. Sorry for the rant but better to vent here then worry the family.

On a more positive note working on a new unit pack. Something for myself but I think the majority of people will like it when its done. The Pakistan air force and Avro Anson can be done with time we shall see how it goes.

8. clamel

clamel Prince

Hard times for most of us for sure. You just stay safe and take care. It's frustrating as hell. No one knows when it will turn and even how it will be when it does. It's like WW3 hit us. Keeping our health now is the most important thing.

9. Civinator

Civinator Blue Lion Supporter

Delta_Strife, I´m feeling with you and your family. Whatever will happen, you have the quality to master it. Additionally I want to say you one more time a big thank you very much for all the outstanding work you have done. This could be one of my last posts at CFC, as here something unacceptable is running, that I cannot describe without violating the forum rules and it seems that I´m leaving CFC very soon.

Good luck Delta_Strife !

10. r16

r16 not deity

hopely your breakup with the forums will not involve taking down of scenarios and stuff already in CFC , if they were to do any compilation of any sorts , with the attention Civ lll has always deserved , it might look like a photograph of a guy smiling with teeth missing , with the extreme confidence that any appearance of taking financial advantage of modders would be a lot more damaging than any pathetically little goodwill it might have created . Or whatever , having taken the liberty of reading that Civ lV post . Things should be available , at least links to threads if they are not allowed by creators to be in .

11. wolf_66

wolf_66 Lone Civer

@Delta_Strife,
    I'm really sorry to hear about your troubles. I cannot add much to that Civinator already wrote. Stay strong as, for sure, you have the quality to find the way through hard times. I may understand your feeling about having to face troubles actually arisen by someone else. The fact you are still attending your duty does you honor. Be proud of that!

@Civinator,
    I'm sad and disheartened to know you are about to leave CFC, apparently as consequence of some serious conflict. I will not discuss the reasons (which I do not know) and I'm sure you thought out enough before such decision. Let me just add it is a real sorrow to see one of brightest person in the forum about to leave.

@both
    I sincerely thank you both for your superb work, for contribution to the forum and for donating me (and many others) tools for enjoying my free time.
    Whatever happens in the future, thanks a lot, guys.
    and good luck to both!

12. clamel

clamel Prince

This was a sad news mate. Not knowing what brought it on I'm stunned that this could even happen. Your mod is almost the only one I have playing around with for years. One save going on on that old version for 5-6 years I think. I just had to get to the end of the tree and find out all units.
    The present version still got some very small patches I think so what then ? Will you keep it running on the German site ? If not it's a Corona hit even in Civ III.
    Please keep your mod running one way or another.

Deltas superb units needs a place to shine and your mod brings out so many of them.
    What can one do in these days of isolation ??? Play Civ III and Civanators great Epic Mod.

13. Delta_Strife

Update: Easing myself back in Civ stuff. It has been a difficult time but there is some light at the end of the tunnel so feeling much more motivated again. I had an old request to do O2U corsair for Thailand so did a bunch!

Laurana Kanan likes this.
  14. Ozymandias

:thumbsup:

15. Vuldacon

Vuldacon Dedicated to Excellence Supporter

16. Delta_Strife

Update: Been a long time since I uploaded anything. I am employed at least but I have been very busy because of it. By the time I get home I am exhausted so hard to get anything done. Here are a few planes for fun but do not worry I am not quitting. Been working on a naval update in the background just taking longer due to less free time.

17. Civinator

Civinator Blue Lion Supporter

Delta_Strife, I wish you all the best and thank you very much for all the units you have created for the civ 3 community. :)

18. Tommy Vercetti

Tommy Vercetti The Don

Awesome work as always

19. Ozymandias

:goodjob:

:dance:

20. Delta_Strife

Update: As usual I got distracted. I was reading about the conflict between Armenia and Azerbaijan so did the air forces for those countries. Enjoy!