AK01-C3C The French Crusade

lurker's comment:
Looks like you're off to a good start, AkK47, with one luxury sorta near and only one neighbor to bother your right now.

I'll be watching, or trying to. I'm over my limit in SGs and RL right now,

lurker's comment: An astute trader could possibly get both BW and WC out of Alphabet. The next player should lower the tech slider to 20% and offer up Alphabet and 20 gold and see what Mao is willing to give. Don't take the deal immediately. This is a negotiation, so play around with all the factors. If you can't get both this turn, say goodbye and try again in 3 turns. The 20 gold Mao has suggests he may have just made a trade to get BW himself, so you may be meeting someone soon. Keep that warrior going south, if you meet Mao's trading partner, BW becomes less expensive, and they might have another tech that Mao couldn't afford. Good luck, Jorgo. And don't be so nervous, you are a veteran SG player....

Are you really from Tijnje, Nerovats? I'm originally from Littenseradiel, not a world away!
Yes, not orriginally thoug, but now live here for 3,5 years or so.

Looks like dyes in the south indeed, thanx for the spot! We could press F10 to see what the other civ's are, see if more start with alpha, we could trade it if there are several more civ's with it, and hold on a bit in hope to meet some more civ's then trade it to everyone we know in one turn. I would change science to writing, the BW investment is lost, but we'll get it for free.
Sending settler south is bit expensive as it won't be productive in the jungle, baybe better to get good core and let China build those cities for us, then we will take them by force

About roster, Sungod has just 1 posting so not sure if he will play. Please confirm. Maybe Darski could still join?

Is current roster ok? Don't know skill level of other players. I think it's good to mix and not have good player after each other and then the more average players.

Which VC do we want? War, science, culture? Maybe someone never hit a certain VC so we could aim for that?

I have modded my game already so I can't join up. Sorry but I just don't seem to be an SG player.

Want me? Take me :lol:

i will play a turnset when i am free so do not count me as a regular

ive never done culture VC but here something realistic would be conquest or space

you can play rodent, but what level do you have a comfortable win on? as for sungod well see if he replies and then we'll decide otherwise skip him

i believe jorgo mono is up now, waiting for the confirmation...

I believe Jorgo Mono has picked the game up already.

Nerovats idea about balancing the roster according to experience is a good one. I think Nerovats and me are more experienced than Jorgo Mono and AkK47. I don't know about the others.
So Nerovats and me should not play straight after each other. Maybe you want to skip my first turnset, so that it would look something like this:

Jorgo Mono up now
Sungod (please confirm you're playing).
Nerovats
Rodent
AkK47
Optional

Ok guys checked the setts , I am Quite Comfortable at Emperor so i might be an experienced player ;)

My skill lies in making full use of limited resources :lol: . I have defended frontlines with 3-4 warriors .

An uneventful, very questionable turnlog

Spoiler :
Call up Mao: He won't trade us his two techs for the most we can give him. (Alphabet, 23 gold, 7 gpt) I decide not to trade anything.

I hit enter

1-2950
Chinese Warrior pops out where our warrior is exploring down south
Said warrior continues exploring
As does the one up north.
I hit enter...

IBT
Chinese warrior continues moving north.

2-2900
Warriors exploring
I find a whole mess of dyes in the south.
I hit enter...

IBT
Yawn

3-2850
Worker finishes mine, begins road
Warrior exploration...
I call up Mao again. Still being stingy.
He won't trade his techs for the most we can give him. (Same as before, we aren't making a profit.)
But trade adviser says we are close to a deal. Honestly, I think he is the only useful adviser in the game.
I hit enter...

IBT
Yawn

4-2800
Paris finishes Granary, starts settler.
Warrior exploring.
I find Wines in the north. Yes!
I call up Mao again. Not giving him a single cent, just his two techs for our one, we are close to a deal.
But even when I give him all of our gold, we are still close. Freakin worthless trade adviser.
I hit enter...

IBT
Yawn

5-2750
Worker finishes road, I move him south of Paris to road+water.
Warriors exploring
I hit enter...

IBT Yawn

6-2710
Warriors exploring.
I call up Mao.
I give him alphabet, he gives up the rest of the beakers need on Bronze working (4 turns), Warrior code, and six gold.
I start researching writing
I hope that was a good trade. He changes from Cautious to polite.
I hit enter

IBT
Worker reaches square south of Paris.

7-2670
Warrior exploration
I hit enter

IBT
Yawn

8-2630
Warrior exploration
I hit enter

IBT
Paris builds settler

9-2590
I put lux at 0%, tech at 80
Worker completes Roads, starts watering.
I send the settler eastward.
The exploring warriors stumble across a blue border...
That's not Mao's...
Uh oh...Not Germany...please.
I hit enter...

IBT-
Yawn

10-2550
Settler continues eastward.
Warriors continues exploring.

Sorry if I was a bit too bold should have stopped and asked the group if we wanted to do certain things.

Spoiler :

Looks like an reasonable starting area. Great to have 2 lux nearby and the dyes for near future.
As said, I would has changed to writing immediatly. Also research is not at max? Trade probably was ok though. Why send settler east, we need the lux, also wine has got deer near, good location. Can get settlerfarm there with some work.
Just low on rivers, nor food bonusses, so growt won't be that good. I'd say don't build any units accept for 2 curragh to explore and some workers to grow big enough to get settlers. Growth is crucial.
Made a quick dotmap on where I would settle first. Could get citeis coser together though. Now see it's a bit wide. Do we move settler back or settle on 4?
If I'm up I'll probaly play saterday. Leave a day for discussion.
AK01dots.jpg

On Nerovats dotmap city spots 1 and 2 seem excellent to me. I think it would be a no brainer for most players to send their first settler off to the Deer; it's about the only food resource around, and right next to Wines. Wines also give a bit of extra food when irrigated.
As the settler is on it's way to spot 4, I would probably put it there, and send the next settler to spot 1. Spot 4 at least allows joint use of an already mined BG with Paris. Although it's a pain that the Sugar next to Paris has been irrigated instead of mined.
I haven't looked at all of the dots. Dotmaps tend to change over time, but dots 1 and 2 seem fine.

I don't know whether Paris should do a Carragh straight away, or a Warrior for MP. Right now the lux slider needs to be put up, at the cost of research. Maybe a Warrior next, then a Curragh?

Yes, I think it would be good if you would do the next set, Nerovats. We haven't heard anything from Sungod, but he can always be fitted in somehow if he turns up.

Adjust slider, Paris was about to riot
Paris to warrior
2510BC
Paris warrior->Curagh
Units were on auto move, please don't
2470BC
Found Orleans->Curagh
worker will road towards wine
Contact Mayan's they have the Wheel and CB
2430BC
Paris curagh->settler
2390BC
2350BC
adjust sliders
2310BC
2270BC
Maya want's us to leave, no problem
2230BC
Paris settler->settler
2190BC
Orleans curagh->worker
2150BC
Spot Chinese homeland they are behind Mayan's so dyes should be ok
2110BC
Since notting is going on yet I play 10 more turn, should do that first round anyway
2030BC
Found Lyons->granary, will be helped by chops
1990BC
Orleans worker->curagh
1950BC
adjust slider
1910BC
Paris Settler->warrior
1790BC
Found Rheims->worker
1750BC
Paris Warrior->settler
Orleans curagh->barracks
For next player worker is heading for dear. Chop and irrigate, other worker should aslo irrigate to get 5 food,
last forrest is needed for settler farm. Maybe orleans should build settler too. Writing due in 6

1750BC.jpg

View attachment Joan d'Arc of the French, 1750 BC.SAV

Top Bottom