• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Alcohol or Marijunana. Which is worst when overused?

Which is worse for your health, saftey and well being when overused?

• Total voters
Same result I already posted so long ago: this is insignificant compared to the costs to society of legal drugs.

And BasketCase crushes yet another drug myth under his uncaring heel--and once again he does it using PRO-LEGALIZATION web sites. I destroy you with your own weapons. :king: We're not putting millions of weed users behind bars, it's not costing gigantic amounts of money to prosecute and imprison them, and the costs are worth the savings we obtain as a result.

But, as has already been discussed and I have already pointed out, the use rates are little effected by legal sanctions. Legal, Illegal or Criminal, they will cost our society the same ammount.

The figure of $30 Billion is, in the end, a $30 Billion dollar lie to ourselves.

Unless you can provide some figure to show in what way we are saving anything, your argument is fatally flawed.

The reality is, for anyone who's paying attention, that the 'War on Drugs' is less sucessful than the War on Terrorism and exists in the same vein. It is an expensive shadow war that cannot hope to ever be won. It is very often cited as an excuse to trim back the rights of American citizens. The War on Drugs is a war against the American people, and by in large, it is a means of social control especially in regards to people of non-white ethnicities, but the poor in general.

There is no rational justification for your argument. Many industrialized countries have much more permissive drug laws than we do and are not being torn apart at the seams, as you seem to imagine. The lengths you have gone to to prove the validity of this countries judicial system are extreme and ridiculous. You cannot escape this simple fact, we spend by far and long more than anyone else, but still have the same problem.

The amount of research and time you have invested in this has been wasted, you are only reaching to whatever lengths you must to prove to yourself a preexisting notion. Nothing more.

Top Bottom