Alien Preserve quest can't be done on Deepcastle...

Makenshi

Ahoy, ye salty dogs!
... because I can't build that building in water cities. :mad:

Uncool, Firaxis... uncool... :(

Also: have you guys noticed? Some buildings [xenonursery, observatory, etc], which in vanilla required workable resources, now can be built in any city as long as you have at least one workable resource anywhere in the "empire".

And the quest that requires you to build the vivarium too! I was pretty annoyed by that one.

Haven't played enough to learn if there are now new quests exclusive to water cities, but it would be fair and right if there were, given RT's premise. I suppose I'm a dreamer...

I can understand quests that can only be done no land or on water, as long as they can be done in any city other than the capital. Quests demanding stuff to be built on the capital should not also be restricted to land/water.

Also: have you guys noticed? Some buildings [xenonursery, observatory, etc], which in vanilla required workable resources, now can be built in any city as long as you have at least one workable resource anywhere in the "empire".
No, that's wrong, Instead you can construct buildings that you don't have the local requirement for if you connect that city with a trade route towards a city that has the resource.

That quest bug has been reported a few times though. It's very likely that the quest was created at a time where the Alien Preserve was still constructable in water-cities before they then made it so it can only be built on land.

No, that's wrong, Instead you can construct buildings that you don't have the local requirement for if you connect that city with a trade route towards a city that has the resource.

Wait... so, that's not a bug, but intended? That would be uber lame.

Wait... so, that's not a bug, but intended? That would be uber lame.
Maybe it's intentional, maybe it's just a side-effect of how the resource trade routes are implemented.

Hmm... all my cities are connected to Weltgeist [or w/e it is called], since Lena is my BFF :D

EDIT: I made a new city, it had algae and xenomass but I couldn't make the related buildings w/o improving them; then I sent a caravan to Weltgeist and, as you said, I could make the buildings.

XENOFUEL PLANTS AND BIOFACTORIES FOR EVERYONE!!! So much energy!!

Ye, this just screwed my supremacy game, no quests at all and have to hard research everything. Pretty much boned my sub 200 game...

I don't want to play with a water based capital city because of this.
Already last game I had the bug after a very long quest line that ended requiring me to build a new city and once this was done , build a vivarium in said new city...except I build it on water.

Seriously , you'd expect the devs to not make such a stupid mistake when building a water based addition to the game...

Top Bottom