All attempts to update mods after 1.0.1.135 denied?

Thalassicus

Bytes and Nibblers
So I went to go update mods today and all uploads were denied after uploading. Has anyone else ever encountered a similar issue? I'm uploading the same way I have been for months. All of them have a red ! next to the name with a "Denied" tooltip and no explanation.

What might be the problem? This is VERY worrisome... :eek2:

On another note, logging onto my Thalassicus1 username still crashes ModBuddy, too, months after I posted on the 2kgames support forums about that issue. Still no replies. :crazyeye:

I wonder if I'll need to create another username again and rename everything...

Just incrementing the version number of your mod should solve the problem.

I've only had this issue when I tried to upload a mod with the same version number.

Just wait a couple of days, the mod repository is fickle sometimes. I've uploaded new versions of mods successfully after the patch.

This may not work for your stuff, Thal, but (probably a weird "effect") once i had changed status to private + exit + reload + checked right back to public + reload... and, the gamespy applet somehow forced a reset on the slot allowing me to circumvent the Denied poppings for it.
Perhaps that strange behavior was altered with v1135+SDK updates though.

As Sean Flinn@PoweredByGameSpy wrote me a few weeks ago, the whole framework in exclusively under Firaxis' umbrella and whatever indirect flaws happen, they're most often caused by ModBuddy assets & very rarely within the U/L processing features.

But alpaca is also on the right path when he claims repository "delays" can sometime prevent steady access. Might have to wait a little.

Just to say: you're not alone in this. The last version of Improved Noticiations was denied, too.

I've had this happen several times now. Found a small bug, corrected one line in my mapscript, and upload denied. Increment, and try again. That one gets denied too....

Can't overwrite... can't delete... so do I now rename my project as a workaround? Gah! Would be nice to get an errorcode saying why it was denied...

[EDIT]The only thing I can think of that stands out in my mind, is that when I uploaded, it was AFTER I had set the old version to PRIVATE... unless it just so happens that we upload at times when they are doing db maintenance or something.

[EDIT2]And it turns out that now, setting to private or public updates the frame, but has no effect on my files. Ah well. I think I'm done for a while.

I also have upload issues.

And I didn't check it until now, but I also can not set any of my older versions to public.

It is pretty much broken all around.

I think I also may have set all other versions to private before updating my newest version, so maybe skweetis is on to something there...

I also have upload issues.

And I didn't check it until now, but I also can not set any of my older versions to public.

It is pretty much broken all around.

I think I also may have set all other versions to private before updating my newest version, so maybe skweetis is on to something there...

No, the old version of Improved Notifications is still public and has always been. I only make them private when I see a successful U/L

No, the old version of Improved Notifications is still public and has always been. I only make them private when I see a successful U/L

Right but you never made it private, which is why yours is still visible. But I made my other version private before trying to upload, and before hitting the wall of denial.

I wonder if you made your current version private, if it would also lock you out of the modhub? I wouldn't try it, but it could somehow be the cause.

You might try and see if you can make any of the even older versions public, just to see if it lets you. It would at least tell us whether making mods public is broken for everyone, or if it is only broken for those of us who somehow fell through the cracks in the floor.

Right but you never made it private, which is why yours is still visible. But I made my other version private before trying to upload, and before hitting the wall of denial.

I wonder if you made your current version private, if it would also lock you out of the modhub? I wouldn't try it, but it could somehow be the cause.

You might try and see if you can make any of the even older versions public, just to see if it lets you. It would at least tell us whether making mods public is broken for everyone, or if it is only broken for those of us who somehow fell through the cracks in the floor.

I am being denied, too ;)

I am being denied, too ;)

Ah, well it was an idea.

I blame gamespy. Whoever decided to use something made by Gamespy should probably have their cookies taken away.

It's been that way since Civ 3 multiplayer. For some odd reason Firaxis has a love affair with Gamespy.

Its like watching one of those abusive relationships from afar. Just break up with the hussy Firaxis!

Ah, well it was an idea.

I blame gamespy. Whoever decided to use something made by Gamespy should probably have their cookies taken away.

According to sneaks Gamespy said they only provide the space and uploading but the rest is handled by Firaxis (including the service for enabling mods), so any bugs encountered are likely their fault, not Gamespy's.

It works now. In the end I removed the ' from the name of the mod. Though, that was present in my prior 7 versions, but I know that when they patched they also made the teaser text box allow less characters than before, so who knows.

Modbuddy probably just settled down, but I don't care it works. :p

Top Bottom