All Quiet on the Civ Front

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although he did build a new capital from scratch, complete with administrative and religious centers + a new necropolis, and compelled the entire royal court to relocate.

True, but I think the original poster was probably thinking of Imhotep. Who would be interesting as a leader. Or maybe Djoser with Imhotep incorporated into the design. Maybe as a way to make use of that update that enabled unique Governors to be a thing :p

I checked and with Rise and Fall 6 months (May 25th 2017 - November 28 2017) passed from when the DLC app was added to Steam DB and the expansion was announced. Hope we do not have a similar gap with the newly added DLC.

Didn't they start testing this one in a few days while the last one took 2 or 3 months though?

I'm not too sure of a Plains Indian people joining the game, since the Cree sort of cover that area already (Poundmaker was a Plains Cree leader). I would like some representation for the American Southeast (the area where native peoples built mounds in their settlements), and maybe the Northeast (Iroquois again, I guess).

I know they're a younger tribe, but I'm wondering if the Seminole would work as Southeast Native American tribe. Chickees as a UI could allow them to build on marshes, so they'd at least have a gameplay niche that isn't really filled at the moment.

An additional depot has been added called LTest. The game has also been included in a new package.

I'm not sure if this is noteworthy or not at this time, but it may become more clear in the future.

The package contains only vanilla and the 6 DLC. So it could be some kind of future sales promotion. I'm not sure what LTest depot would have to do with that though.

Last edited:
Even with R&F we are still lacking many science based civs. Having Babylon, the Maya and Mali can fix that with the latter having religious bonuses as well. Possibly Assyria or the Hittites as well. Arabia, Korea, Scotland (and Sumeria?) aren't enough compared to leaders who have advantages toward culture, domination, and religion.

Another depot was added today, this one named LTest. It is, however, unused at the moment. Also, its number indicates that it was created back in May of 2016 when depots for the base game were created, but there's nothing in its history before today.

Edit: oops, totally forgot to refresh the thread before I posted. I see ep has been keeping a closer eye on things that I ever will. ;)

The problem there is with science based civs in civ in general seems to be that science often is considered the most important yield, making those civs toptier just by the virtue of being science-based.^^"
Well there will always be a top tier no matter what game you are playing when there are character/faction selections involved. Might as well make some more top-tier options. :p
And if any of those return they will most likely have science bonuses anyway.

"Didn't they start testing this one in a few days while the last one took 2 or 3 months though?" - Leyrann

Does this mean that it's well possible that Expansion is announced this year, instead of next spring like some have speculated?

"Didn't they start testing this one in a few days while the last one took 2 or 3 months though?" - Leyrann

Does this mean that it's well possible that Expansion is announced this year, instead of next spring like some have speculated?
I'd say it's possible, but wouldn't bet on it. Well, I wouldn't bet on any particular schedule at the moment. An announcement between late November and late March seems the most likely window to me, with release ~2.5-3 months later.

I think we are looking at a truncated version of the R&F development scheme. The question is how much?

R&F saw its depot begin testing a full month after the DLC app was created. But even then, the test builds were only updated every few weeks for a few more months before settling into a more frequent pattern around October.

This one (assuming it's an expansion, of course) saw the app, the depot and two build updates within a matter of days.

If we see infrequent updates, it may mean April or May. If we continue to see frequent updates, it may mean February or March.

An additional depot has been added called LTest. The game has also been included in a new package.
I'm not sure if this is noteworthy or not at this time, but it may become more clear in the future.
The package contains only vanilla and the 6 DLC. So it could be some kind of future sales promotion. I'm not sure what LTest depot would have to do with that though.

Don't forget like always, the second expansion must also be playable without owning exp 1, so they have to test that too. All dlc before R&F was based on the vanilla rules. Changes made to vanilla civs (with R&F) are all in the R&F file.
So they must test a version that works both with and without R&F.

Don't forget like always, the second expansion must also be playable without owning exp 1, so they have too test that too. All dlc before R&F was based on the vanilla rules. Changes made to vanilla civs (with R&F) are all in the R&F file.
So they must test a version that works both with and without R&F.

It doesn't even have the new DLC app in it. It's strictly pre-expansion.

Usually all mechanics of Expansion 1 are in Expansion 2. The difference is that 2 won't include 1's leaders. With that in mind, they just have to copy R&F as a baseline into 2, build and test it normally from there. When testing is complete, remove the R&F civs and ensure it's still functioning. That's not much different than what R&F had to do with the DLCs, so I don't think it's actually that much more testing.

Interesting, perhaps it could be a new DLC pack between expansions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom