1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

All Quiet on the Civ Front

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Duuk, Jun 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zaarin

Zaarin My Dearest Doctor

How many non-history buffs do you suppose have heard of Chandragupta Maurya? :p

2. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

With regarts to Industrial Zones coming later, I would say that we could balance that realisitically by allowing them to be purchased immediately on their unlocking, allowing the wealthier civs to industrialize more rapidly.

3. Guandao

Guandao Rajah of Minyue and Langkasuka

I'm not too sure of a Plains Indian people joining the game, since the Cree sort of cover that area already (Poundmaker was a Plains Cree leader). I would like some representation for the American Southeast (the area where native peoples built mounds in their settlements), and maybe the Northeast (Iroquois again, I guess).

4. Trav'ling Canuck

Trav'ling Canuck Warlord Supporter

I think "an Indian leader who isn't Gandhi" appeals to a whole different set of civ players. :lol:

5. Zaarin

Zaarin My Dearest Doctor

Plus between Tomyris and Genghis Khan, I think we're covered on the "horse raider" front. Not that a unique civ around that theme couldn't be designed but more that do we really need another one? :p Plus there are more interesting tribes that could be covered.

Fair. :p

6. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Warlord

I'd personally like the Southwest region covered such as the Navajo first but I wouldn't mind the Southeast either with the Choctaw. And I wouldn't mind seeing the Iroquois again either. I would go with the Cherokee maybe for the Southeast but since they are originally part of the Iroquois family, I decided against it.

TahamiTsunami likes this.
  7. Zaarin

Zaarin My Dearest Doctor

The Cherokee are hard pressed for leaders that didn't stab the Cherokee in the back, whereas the Choctaw have Pushmataha. I too would love to see both the Southeast and Northwest finally get some recognition in the game. And I'd be delighted to see the Iroquois return as well, though I'd prefer the Powhatan for their eponymous leader.

8. Alexander's Hetaroi

The problem with the Powhatan, in my opinion, would be the starting location right next to Teddy, at least for the people who play TSL. The Iroquois would at least be a little farther north towards Canada. Europe already has a big problem with it especially when playing as Victoria you have the possibility of meeting Robert, Catherine and Wilhelmina during turn 1.

9. Zaarin

Zaarin My Dearest Doctor

I think TSL should be a consideration for including a civ, but I don't think TSL should be given any consideration for not including a civ. I mean, using Firaxis' TSL Earth map, about eight civs can start right on top of each other in the Balkans, Eastern Europe, and the Middle East. :p

Guandao and TahamiTsunami like this.
  10. TahamiTsunami

TahamiTsunami Chieftain

Just to be fair to Napoleon, he was at least born in France. I do grant you that he would be yet another French leader with an Italian accent though!

I certainly agree with you but I can't help but feel that Firaxis might still include the Sioux in the game. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they should add the Sioux (though I wouldn't necessarily be really upset either) or that it will definitely happen, but I can see the appeal they have with being a really well known group that also has several big-personality leaders. Personally, if they do add the Sioux, I hope it would be if we're also getting 4 other NA groups as well to get the PNW, SE, and other areas represented. It would still be less civs than what western Europe will probably have.

I'm definitely all for that religion rework too. It sounds pretty dynamic and it would keep me on my toes! Hopefully some more religions could get added as well like Tengriism and some of the NA religions.

Guandao and Zaarin like this.
  11. Bosque

Bosque Chieftain

I would definitely like to see a mound building culture from the SE. But if you want a “big personality” leader you couldn’t go wrong with Geronimo of the Apaches.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2018
  12. TahamiTsunami

TahamiTsunami Chieftain

There's no doubt that Geronimo has a big personality or that he'd be a cool leader. However, hopefully we can see some other big personality NA leaders like Pushmataha, Powhatan, Joseph Brant, Manuelito, Shakes I, Maquinna, etc.

Guandao and Zaarin like this.
  13. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Warlord

I'm sure India has a growing gaming community. I'm glad they made this change. The Gandhi joke has run its course, and risks being insensitive to Indians at this point. I'm sure Indians probably learn about him in school. I admit I wasn't that familiar with him before the expansion. I like history, but I admit my knowledge is still Eurocentric.

I mentioned Napoleon above just because it would be interesting to see France have a more war like design. And I feel like we don't have enough warmongering civs.

Guandao, Meluhhan and Zaarin like this.
  14. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Warlord

I don't want more alt leaders at the expense of new civs (and they would be).

But if they do it, give them to Rome and Egypt and China.

15. Alexander's Hetaroi

I'd just rather see the American Civs more spread out than the rest of the world, just my opinion. Plus I would rather the Iroquois or the Choctaw for the Eastern Coast anyways. In that case Canada is still in the running even with the Cree. :p
    The problem with the Apache is they were mostly nomadic, unlike the Navajo who makes more since gameplay wise as a Civ, and I don't really want any more nomadic Civs even though Geronimo would be a cool leader.

Guandao and TahamiTsunami like this.
  16. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

As it stands, the game has precisely one ancient era leader. Gilgamesh. It would be nice to see Babylon, maybe Hittites, and a Pharaonic leader for Egypt to pad out representation for that time period.

17. GandhisRevenge

GandhisRevenge Chieftain

Any chance there will be a patch and/or dlc released for the 2nd anniversary? I know it's less than a month away

18. Kimiimaro

Kimiimaro King

Announcement of the Schrödinger's expansion would be nice :)

19. Zaarin

Zaarin My Dearest Doctor

Insofar as Corsica belonged to France at the time, yes. :p

Philippe Auguste.

Really? I feel like we're drowning in them...

Guandao likes this.
  20. Duuk

Duuk Doom-Sayer Supporter

This. I need Babylon and Rameses. Neeeeeeeeeeeeed. I don't care about how crowded it makes TSL. Give me a TSL Cradle of Civilization map.

WorldWarIV, Guandao, Xandinho and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.