All Quiet on the Civ Front

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vesuvius, eh? Kind of an odd name. There's the obvious association with natural disasters, but I'm not sure why else they'd choose that name.

If this is real, it represents the best case scenario on all these updates taking place. I thought it was much too early for an expansion, but it seems like we may get one as soon as mid-February!

I wouldn't be surprised if Vesuvius was an internal codename. "It's about to blow", akin to "boom goes the dynamite".

Gah I cut polynesia out of my map to save pixels, I knew it would come back to haunt me

Gah I cut polynesia out of my map to save pixels, I knew it would come back to haunt me
The man seems to be wearing a top I would associate with the Maori (based on Google searches), if that helps.

The man seems to be wearing a top I would associate with the Maori (based on Google searches), if that helps.

Well if that is the case it might be okay, because I actually made New Zealand bigger than it needed to be, so maybe I had prophetic foresight

Hmmm, the leader's design doesn't fully identify with Maori. Maori leaders generally are covered in tats (including face tats) and this guy doesn't have any.

the clothes and hairstyle seem to match though:

Maori ARE on my Civ wishlist so... I'm kinda super stoked for this <3

Yeah, the lack of tattoos surprised me. I wonder if they found an exception (as it would seem the majority of Polynesian peoples utilized tattoos heavily), or if they were worried about stereotyping (to which I would say they erred greater by avoiding the tattoos than they would have risked by including them).

Or that the image was taken before the facial tattoo was applied as it is a work in progress

Deep breath... I am not going to climb aboard the hype train. The seats are already taken. There’s no return ticket, I haven’t got time to pack my bags, and I’m too tired to even walk to the station. I’m not even sure if the destination. Hype train can leave without me.

I’m going to take the Boris Bike of “let’s just see where this goes”, maybe via the bike track of “I’ve been burnt by this before”.

That said. Don’t we already have offshore oil rigs? Maybe some more mechanics around energy and or strategic resources?

Maybe global warming mechanics? That would only be good if it was very carefully implemented and wasn’t just RNG. Hopefully no random natural disasters.

Maori. Polynesia. Hmm. Not on my wish list, but then I don’t have any Civs on my wish list. Hmm. Google Taihai. Yeah, could be cool. Certainly looks good.

There is also similar discussion going on in the “what do we know about the next expansion” thread. Do we get a “Second Expansion anticipation” thread soon?

Last edited:
Personally I don't know about that woman being Byzantine... I feel like her attire is too humble, so to speak, and her crown doesn't look particularly Byzantine. I'm no expert on European attire during whichever era she may be from, but to me, she looks more Central European or Balkan.

might also be a new advisor

The leaked T pose image has legs and feet... none of the leader models have legs or feet apart from angry Robert?

That "concept art" intrigued me. Well, it's either concept art or someone's fanart.

I know I've seen a figure like that before.The crown looks like the old English one to me, like the ones medieval kings would wear back in those old art pieces monks would do..
At least, that's my speculation since for modding I almost always just look at leaders for England, Wales, Scotland, etc.

I mean, at least global warming would probably make the late game more interesting.^^

Also an interesting question, now that there is a leak, will they come forward with something soon? Maybe that was planned all along?

Regarding fake or not, it's suspicious that "Vesuvius" isnt on the sea building pic. :p

Also, I guess the (even more suspicious) woman could be Æthelflæd? I wish we had a whole poster of those though. :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom