All Quiet on the Civ Front

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally, some news at last. I wish we did not have to find out through leaks but at this point who cares, firaxis is quite bad at communicating with the community and keeping it engaged.

This aside, from the new water based improvements we can see in the picture I'd assume water tiles and ocean tiles will become more relevant and useful compared to now. The art work of the woman looks to be in medieval clothes to me but who knows what that is. The rest we will have to see, I hope we get more units and war related features along with decent diplomacy.

Finally, some news at last. I wish we did not have to find out through leaks but at this point who cares, firaxis is quite bad at communicating with the community and keeping it engaged.

This aside, from the new water based improvements we can see in the picture I'd assume water tiles and ocean tiles will become more relevant and useful compared to now. The art work of the woman looks to be in medieval clothes to me but who knows what that is. The rest we will have to see, I hope we get more units and war related features along with decent diplomacy.
It's Sarah's did.She got fed up with Firaxis's communication with fans and she took the matter in her own hands.

I hope not. I like her as community manager ... or ... marketing manager, or whatever. :p
I don't think she play by the rule.Dont worry no one will be able to prove it.But if you look closely u can see the rebel side of her.

I hope not. I like her as community manager ... or ... marketing manager, or whatever. :p

What is she actually doing? Community is detached from anything official and whatever news we get is like watching 10 minutes of commercials on TV and calling that news. If there ever was anything that was fake news, then it's Firaxis/2K communication :)

Wouldn't be surprised if someone at Firaxis just got fed up with it and decided to leak something. In fact, if the suspicion of 2k not allowing Firaxis to interact is true, I wouldn't even be surprised if other people at Firaxis are in on it (though they'd of course never admit that).

Very interesting photos. All duly blurry, as if taken surreptitiously and in a hurry, but somehow nicely centred and carefully cropped not to reveal too much, just enough to start the word of mouth machine. Especially the T pose and the face close up, both from the same poster obviously.
I tend to think that this 'leak' is somewhat authorised and marks the start of hyping up for the second expansion.
As for photos being genuine, I think the copious amount of chest wax just proves it :)

in the leak thread someone postes this pic, is it also concept art or something else? Anyone recognize it?

http://i.4cdn.org/v/1540853080437.png

She has strawberry blonde hair, so maybe Isabella of Spain? (though the clothes seem a bit too early medieval)

It's in any case too early to say whether she's a leader or not (Like Bite said, she may be an advisor or even a new Governor)

The leaked T pose image has legs and feet... none of the leader models have legs or feet apart from angry Robert?

All leaders are designed with legs and feet, initially and at least everything above the knee is put in the game, as far as I know.

Last edited:
Finally some news.
Are we sure it's not some fake stuff like the sumer and ottoman first looks before release?
Being able to put some more improvements in the water seems something to look forward to. I would wish they go the CTP route and enable futuristic settlements on/under the sea. I'm quite sure the one on the left is a district and not a city. I don't see it resembling an already present one.
Spoiler :

There are non-tattooed natives in Polynesia, for example on Samoa. However, the dresses and hairstyles don't match.

Last edited:
I'm not seeing the leap to assuming there is global warming in the game. I would be fine if it were. Just because we have offshore windfarms doesn't mean there is global warming. Most likely they just want to help coastal civs with production.

Polynesians are okay as a civ, but they don't exactly excite me as a civ. They look cool, and would be cool to play against though. Definitely looking forward to who else is out there.

I'm not seeing the leap to assuming there is global warming in the game. I would be fine if it were. Just because we have offshore windfarms doesn't mean there is global warming. Most likely they just want to help coastal civs with production.

Polynesians are okay as a civ, but they don't exactly excite me as a civ. They look cool, and would be cool to play against though. Definitely looking forward to who else is out there.

Agreed re Global Warming / Climate Change. I think the logic is just maybe that having windfarms suggests some need to produce energy without pollution (although, of course windfarms do produce pollution and other environmental problems).

The dome thing looks like a district with buildings. I assume the wind farm and oil platform are improvements, but they could well be districts too (maybe the sort that don’t have buildings).

I’m weirdly excited about Polynesia, but more as someone the play against.

As I’ve said elsewhere, or maybe earlier, ...or maybe both... this is going to be a very long wait.

So I was doing more digging (this time looking into Consorts rather than rulers), and I was wondering if the "concept art" could be related to this individual, Margaret of Anjou. There's some similarities in their appearance.
Spoiler :

She's be a very weird pick, though. Consorts rather than rulers in their own right are controversial, to say the least.

So I was doing more digging (this time looking into Consorts rather than rulers), and I was wondering if the "concept art" could be related to this individual, Margaret of Anjou. There's some similarities in their appearance.
Spoiler :

She's be a very weird pick, though. Consorts rather than rulers in their own right are controversial, to say the least.
I mean, a blonde female european medieval queen/consort... there's probably a whole list of such depictions. ^^"
On that note, what about Matilda... could be leader for both England and Germany. :D
...or Italy even.

I personally have no problems with Queen Consorts (Taytu Betul and Livia Augusta are on my leader wishlist, after all), but she would be an odd choice, especially for the French Civ.

The issue I have is... the design seems so... "Generic Medieval Queen"? It goes against the leader designs we've seen so far, with every leader being given a distinct personality and eye-catching design that leaves zero doubt which Civ they're leading. I see no reason to assume Queen Doe is an actual leader until we know for certain where that particular screencap came from.

Hope it is a Maori leader and the tattoos have still to be added, the Maori have at least some land on real world maps, starting in New Zealand (not that I play on those anyway). But for all we know they could have made it all "Polynesian" again, though somehow I doubt that.
More intriguing are the modern water structures especially the Water district on the left. Looks a bit like a Eco/Environmental district with an Eco-dome in the middle.

The Blond female medieval art could be fan made but if it isn't, Eleonore of Aquitaine maybe?

I personally have no problems with Queen Consorts (Taytu Betul and Livia Augusta are on my leader wishlist, after all), but she would be an odd choice, especially for the French Civ.

The issue I have is... the design seems so... "Generic Medieval Queen"? It goes against the leader designs we've seen so far, with every leader being given a distinct personality and eye-catching design that leaves zero doubt which Civ they're leading. I see no reason to assume Queen Doe is an actual leader until we know for certain where that particular screencap came from.

Yeah, that's a fair point, it is pretty generic. Maybe that's why I felt like I'd seen the design before. xD
Oh well. I can't wait to be surprised at who it is, even if it will inevitably (most likely) not be someone I would personally have chosen for that era.

Mhrm, if anything, the long flowing blonde hair is pretty eye-catching. And the red/blue design reminds me of Angevin/Plantagenet England.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom