Sith or Jedi?

• Sith

Votes: 32 37.2%
  • Jedi

Votes: 51 59.3%
  • Chuck Norris

Votes: 3 3.5%

• Total voters
don't fret too much or something . In the Sahara they would scar better looking babies to ward off evil eyes . Thus it is a Star Wars special and ı have been told ı will not watch the Christmas Special or whatever from the Seventies like ever .

Spoiler Luke Disney Era :
I think one of the more annoying things I'm facing with this post-OT content is how Filoni and Favreau have had to assassinate Luke's character in order to set the stage for Sequels Luke being willing to try and stab a kid in his sleep. Every decision they make regarding Luke is just more and more bewildering. I can see why they're doing it, but I hate that it's necessary. The stark difference between OT Luke and Disney Era Luke is absurd.

Chapter VII -

*tap, tap, tap*

No :nono:

*tap, tap, tap, tap*

No :nono:

*taptaptaptaptaptaptaaaaappp.........*

Ahaha.

I'd love a Clone Wars flashback with Anakin, Ahsoka (no idea how they'd handle a teen version of her; I don't think de-aging is a viable option)
Just get Zendaya to play her, she's in everything else...

now that ı haven't seen anything except movies and Clone War cartoons , with some of the Resistance thing with the stress on racing , has Luke Skywalker has again killed ? If so , please with spoilers . Otherwise Filoni guy can be like hardly counted in Team Abrams , with Rian Johnson killing or doing the thing . Fans of Star Wars , do not cover Disney for the sins of Disney .

edit: Young Ahsoka is like chosen years ago or something .

John Williams Returns to ‘Star Wars’ Universe with ‘Obi-Wan Kenobi’ Theme (EXCLUSIVE)

Via Variety:

More than two years after completing his ninth “Star Wars” movie, composer John Williams is returning to the Jedi fold with a theme for “Obi-Wan Kenobi,” Variety has learned.

Williams has written the musical signature for the continuing adventures of the character played by Ewan McGregor, airing on Disney Plus beginning May 25. He recorded last week with a Los Angeles orchestra under tight security, sources say.

So happy he's scoring part of the show! Wasn't sure he'd be up for it being 90 years old, but it seems like he's just as busy as ever.

What would have happened if Count Dooku died during the first battle of genosis? (which is shown in attack of the clones of the prequels.

It seems he had some close calls with death. First, when he was being pursued by anakin and obi wan the clone ship was out of rockets. Had then not been the case, he would have been a sitting duck and died.

Anakin was stupid enough to not cooperate with obi wan and not work together. If they had, they probably would have beat and killed him. Dooku was also simply lucky that Yoda didn't show up first, or even at the same time as anakin and obi wan. Then he would have also been toast.

But lets say he wasn't so lucky and was killed. What would the implications have been?

force tells of the future in so many times and Dooku was of supreme confidence ; so , he wouldn't have died until it suited Palpatine . And the griveances and what not were real and the war would go on and either Grievous or Ventress would have been the fortune teller for the seperatists and it would have gone on as much as it would have to , considering the war was essentially a conspiracy to kill jedi ; Sith adepts not having the numbers otherwise to face the Light Side . And when the numbers were more palatable , down to duels in Coruscant and Mustafar Palpatine barely made it alive ...

with like more lightsaber users .

And, in case anyone missed it, a new Old Republic cinematic was released the other day as part of the new expansion - "Legacy of the Sith". That's six high quality cinematics over more than a decade. It's impressive the MMORPG has lasted so long and been so popular.

I hope the storytelling is better in this show than it has been on the Mandalorian and especially Boba Fett.

Don't get me wrong, I quite like both shows, especially the Mandalorian.. but let's be honest, the plotlines and the writing and dialogue are kind of average. The Mandalorian, which I find superior to Boba Fett, has a bunch of filler episodes, especially in season one.. Almost half of the first season is filler. The exciting parts of the show are the ones that follow the baby Yoda storyline, and even then some of the plot elements seem .. cartoonish.. and at times hard to swallow.

What makes these shows great is all the Star Wars they are able to squeeze in between all these meh/average plot elements. It's almost as if the story they are telling in these shows is used as a vehicle and an excuse to show the audience "more star wars stuff". By that I mean, hey let's have Luke show, and Ahsoka, and this guy, and that, let's show some droids from one of the movies, let's show a spaceship from another one..

I really hope that this new show focuses a lot more on the plot and the story. I enjoy seeing fan service type content, like having Luke show up or whatever.. and so far these fan service elements have more or less worked.. even in that one episode of Boba Fett that was loaded to the rim with fan service..

Boba Fett especially irks me as a sort of show designed to just show us "Star wars stuff".. i.e. the fan service elements. The overall story so far is fairly weak. The last battle for the city that they did made zero sense, for instance. The whole thing feels like it's just a setup so they can keep throwing assorted SW stuff at us. It's usually entertaining, but a good story beings with.. a good story. So far Boba Fett is really lacking in this department. The Mandalorian is better in that regard, but it still feels like they didn't really spend that much time figuring out an interesting storyline/plotline for the Mandalorian. The show is supposed to be about him, after all. Instead they make it feel like he's just there as an excuse to show us "Star Wars stuff".

Hopefully this new show is better. I'm excited to see the actor return and reprise the role, but am worried that.. well.. why does every other Star Wars story take place on Tatooine? It's getting really old. The SW universe has an entire galaxy to work with! Surely you can show us more than just one boring desert planet? Leave desert planets to Dune. Show us something new.

I'm also a bit worried that they'll make up all these adventures for Obi Wan that will sort of.. not make sense in the grand context of the Skywalker Saga. First of all, it makes zero sense for a jedi knight to be "hiding" on a planet all while wearing Jedi robes.. Huh? Put on some jeans and a puffy vest you moron, how did nobody recognize that he was a jedi? Luke Skywalker is hiding too, but.. he didn't change his name either? The whole premise for a show set in this scenario is on shaky ground.. before we've even begun. It also seems like they're going to be tempted to fill up that period of time when Obi Wan was hiding with all sorts of exciting adventures. That doesn't seem to be compatible with what we've known about that time period so far. Obi Wan was hiding and not doing much. Having him go on grand adventures with other famous SW characters might just feel.. out of place.

So yeah... I'm skeptical.. but I will watch for sure. Ewan McGregor was probably my favourite actor in the prequel trilogy. He is one of the only actors in those movies who was able to convince me that the character he's playing is actually real. Everybody else always sounds so wooden, like they're reading their lines without any emotion. Obi Wan does that too, but not to the same extent.

Top Bottom