1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Allow offline play when needed?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Demo Game IV: Polls' started by Seidrik_The_Gray, May 22, 2008.

?

Allow offline play when needed to support multiple weekly sessions?

Poll closed May 29, 2008.
  1. Yes

92.3%
  2. No

7.7%
  3. Other, see my provided comments.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Seidrik_The_Gray

Seidrik_The_Gray Seidrik The Gray

A major element of the APR platform (now the Arkadian Dynasty) was to play two sessions a week. Doing so has raised a serious issue with availability for online chat sessions.

Our first session, on Friday is looking more and more like it needs to be offline, but only if instructions are presented in time.

Would you support offline play in such circumstances if it meant more sessions per week, and more information and discussion in our thread? Or, perhaps you have a better suggestion? There is the DP guild, and I will use those members, and maybe they can support the turn chats better in such events. I just wanted someone from my faction to run this first session. Your thoughts?

2. Joe Harker

Joe Harker 1st in the Premiership!

Yes they should, partly because we need to keep the save moving and partly because some good turnplayers would not be able to play the save (like me, well, except the good turnplayer bit! :lol: )

3. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

It sounds good, but the king should be able to revoke this privilage if turn reporting and screenshots are not produced.

4. dutchfire

dutchfire Deity

Yes, it should be allowed.
    Most online turnchats are only visited by 2 or 3 people anyway.

5. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

To have a chance of better attendance, give plenty of advance warning and use a variety of session times. But offline should definitely be allowed according to circumstances.

6. ravensfire

ravensfire Member of the Opposition

What this guy said.

-- Ravensfire