Altered Maps 4: Partitioning Eastern Europe Like In The Good Old Days

Status
Not open for further replies.
holy king, get out of the NESing forum!!! or join ;)

RedAlert's Unrealistic Alternate History:

North America: 1816

Past Events

- The Haitian Revolution is crushed by Napoleonic troops.
- France retains her colony in Louisiana.

Recent / Current Events

- The United States suffers major fallbacks during the war of 1812 against the British.
- Following the Hartford Convention and with British invasion, the northern states secede from the union and make a seperate peace with Britain.
- Following his defeat in Europe, Napoleon manages to escape to the Americas.
- The U.S. signs peace with Britain as a result of continued military setbacks and the crisis of northern secession: territorial concessions are made.
- The British are defeated in their attempted invasion of Louisiana at the Battle of New Orleans in early 1815 by Bonaparte.
- The United States makes an alliance with Napoleon, who seals the deal with the sale of French territories north of the Missouri and Platte rivers.

Future Events

- With peace in Europe, the British plot their next move against Napoleon in America.
- The political situation in the northern states is volitile, opinions range from support of continued independance, allying with Britain, neutralilty, or rejoining the U.S.
- The United States, temporarily sundered, commits to a quick recovery and maintaining a hard line against Britain.
- Napoleon Bonaparte hopes for the opportunity to return to Europe, meanwhile, he keeps one eye to the west and south, aware of the events unfolding in Mexico.

Attachments

• North America 1816.PNG
    North America 1816.PNG
    48.6 KB · Views: 420
If Warsaw was its own province it'd be a shade of green, possibly even dark green. (Warsaw's GDP is higher than the EU average)

I don't remember Mazovia being that big. Did they combine two or three provinces or something?

Plus parts of rural Mazovia is pretty poor..

Why ain't the baltics split up? They should be red except for their capitals.

That's why our provinces look so poor. It is the rural areas bringing all the urban areas down big time.

And I just checked, and Mazovia is actually that big. Looks strange to me...

Lol you guys are funny. trying to see how you can divide the provinces so that more of Poland is green not red...:rolleyes:
If there is so many rural dwellers with lower GDP that are bringing the averages down. Let them stay in their villages. GDP is biased towards corporate headquarters anyways and never tells the true story, look at Saudi Arabia and Dubai. Think its ultra green means anything?
Have rural people and red rather then fake wealth. GDP is crap.

I'm just sayin, chill.

If you could see my house on that map, it would be dark green too.

Please every double citizenship Pole I know claims to have the biggest house in whatever village they came from. Like on Facebook is 100 pictures of their Polish house and their black market car.
Though I notice that in each of their houses is exempted this, a bathroom!
I know! Because I know! Outhouses are for rural people :p

Please every double citizenship Pole I know claims to have the biggest house in whatever village they came from. Like on Facebook is 100 pictures of their Polish house and their black market car.
Though I notice that in each of their houses is exempted this, a bathroom!
I know! Because I know! Outhouses are for rural people :p

That's funny you should mention that, cause I actually have the biggest house in the village, as well as a garage full of the finest black market cars you have ever seen.

Right beside it is a the biggest outhouse in the country. There are pictures of it on facebook, but you won't be able to see them cause I only add other people who have the biggest houses in other villages.

Umm what is that? Poland now get's hit by Hurricanes and has nice beaches and lots of Latina women? (which might actually explain me)

Umm what is that? Poland now get's hit by Hurricanes and has nice beaches and lots of Latina women? (which might actually explain me)

That's Poland swimming up to the U.S. and going:

Poland: (spoken in creepy-old-guy-from-family-guy voice)
"Heyyyyy, I hope you don't mind if I rub myself against you a bit"

U.S.: "Uhhhh"

Poland: "We're a peeeeeerfect fit!"

I wonder what would be the result in the ocean currents..

Lol It'd break up the Gulf Stream, Gulf of Mexico and Carribean would freeze and Gulf Of Poland would become superhot... expect all the Latina's to move to Bay of Poland.
Poland: "We're a peeeeeerfect fit!"
Secondly, Poland might as well physicallyy move to America since America is already a Polish colony... you will feel right at home.

Number of noted CFCOT Poles from the United States: 0
Number of noted CFCOT Poles from Canada: at least 3

Nah, we have atleast 2 or 3 from the states as well. One of the mods is a Polish American, and two members I forgot are from the USA.

Poles are the most nationalist people I've ever met judging by this forum :lol:

Lol It'd break up the Gulf Stream, Gulf of Mexico and Carribean would freeze and Gulf Of Poland would become superhot... expect all the Latina's to move to Bay of Poland.

That doesn't match with my understanding of the currents in the area. The only reason the east coast of North America and the coast of north western Europe has the warmth it does is because of heat drawn from the Gulf of Mexico and the Caribbean. In other words, the exact opposite of what you said would happen. A warmer Caribbean because less heat would be taken away from there, and a colder east coast US as the current would be less likely to flow through there (and the current that would flow there would be fresh from the Arctic rather than the tropics).

That doesn't match with my understanding of the currents in the area. The only reason the east coast of North America and the coast of north western Europe has the warmth it does is because of heat drawn from the Gulf of Mexico and the Caribbean. In other words, the exact opposite of what you said would happen. A warmer Caribbean because less heat would be taken away from there, and a colder east coast US as the current would be less likely to flow through there (and the current that would flow there would be fresh from the Arctic rather than the tropics).

That's what I was thinking... So southern Poland becomes Hurricane heaven and Northern Poland becomes freezing cold. Oh the joy!

A map of France constructed by a computer based only on whether or not the départments share a boundary.

Please note that the numbering of the départments is based on longitude and latitude, not on the official numbering system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom