Valli Orders:

Population: 2(4,000 people)
Land Area: 0(0 km)
Military Power: 1
Economy: 3
Nationhood: 2
Technologies: Agriculture, Hunting, Mining, Fishing, Bronze Working
Spending Points: 4

Spend 1 Points on Culture: Further develop our unifying language, celebrations, etc.
Spend 1 Point on Economy: Keep mining and try to develop more efficient farming techniques.
Spend 1 Point on Politics: Start to organize our leadership better.
Spend 1 Point on Military: With our new bronze based weapons we can be more aggressive towards attackers and hopefully push them our of our territory or wipe them out for good.

TUOMALIKANI ORDERS.

Economy 2- Begin the use of collected stones(ores) as rare bargaining items. Expansion of boat use for trade in rivers and short distances on the ocean.

Influence 2- Spread Tuomalikani culture and influence to the East, enveloping the higher terrain in hopes of acquiring more rare stones. With the use of military demonstrations and Tuomak demonstration of their gods powers, attempt to indoctrinate the willing and enslave the rest.

Military 1- Experiment with tactics and diversify the use of materials in the creation of weapons.

I'll add another point later if I do indeed get it.

Maarstai Orders

Population: 2(4,000 people)
Economy: 2
Nationhood: 2
Technologies: Agriculture, Hunting
Spending Points: 4

-1 point on economy to diversify the goods and services offered among our tribes
-1 point on society to strengthen our communistic philosophies and make such philosophies can be applied to our new economic ventures
-1 point on influence to spread our religious, political, and societal views to the surrounding tribes in hopes of expanding the number of tribes under the Maarstai
-1 point on culture to help an tribes who join use become better integrated and to allow the high level of sharing in our society to work, we need to have similar feelings and morals

@Cobalt: Yep the point is yours. It isn't based on how good your story is anyways, but yours is pretty nice.

Still need orders from:

Masada
Karalysia
Solanaar
Nuclear Kid
Dreadnought

I'm going to wait until a few more or in before doing the update.

Civver, I specified my orders in my first post after the last update. It's at the very end :)

civver_764 said:
What? Sorry if I did. I don't mean to misinterpret your tribes

Okai. Some quick notes.

The Kratorun should by this stage be a distinct ethnically delineated warrior caste, with the driving force behind the whole edifice an ethnically mixed religious and mercantile elite who use the name Al-La'l to distinguish themselves from the rest of the La'l (effectively the peasantry) who are also ethnically diverse. So the original conquer -- the Kratorun -- became in effect the conquered. The whole cannibalism thing is exclusively the preserve of the Kratorun who tend to practice it now only on those the Al-La'l tell them to eat -- usually those who resist the Al-La'l. The Kratorun are just glorified attack dogs, very good at what they do, but with the leash held by the very civilized Al-La'l. The whole system is beginning to crystallize into a what amounts to a caste system... although the distinctions are not exactly formal yet and tend to be fairly fluid as I suggested earlier.

2 on economy building up the networks of irrigation necessary to ensure increased agricultural yields. This will increase population and provide an impetus for the specialization drive that is the main goal of these orders.
1 on politics to begin to integrate all the various groups into a cohesive system of political units at the village level. These groups will be expected to maintain and improve infrastructure around them via corvee labour. This will be systemized to a large extent by the Al-La'l interested in increasing their tax receipts.
1 on society as another group of La'l get uppity and decide that maybe specialization is a good idea. These fine fellows will take to the river and begin to traverse it, complete with Al-La'l merchants and Kratorun warriors. This group will be known as the Ur-La'l.
1 on military as the Kratorun begin to become more disciplined and begin to realize that stone weapons are so not cool. This might drive the silly La'l to begin using that fancy mining tech for SOMETHING constructive like bronze weapons for killing -- all the cool killers have them. Kratorun raiding and slaving will become more systematized as well, with the Al-La'l directing their efforts whilst simultaneously offering an escape: 'if you surrender then they wouldn't do this don't cha' know?'

Orders

1 point into political. Continue to develop a political system heading towards a monarchy-type government.
1 point into economy. Try to develop more ties between settlements, promoting trade, and create a national currency.
1 point into culture, to continue to develop our own, national culture.
1 point into society. Develop our society to meet our cultural values above

Albionic Society
The Alquari were said to have traveled across the seas long ago in the Ages of Twilight, to the island chain the natives called Koaroll. When the Alquari first arrived, they were one people, united under the same leadership. The natives, suspicious of these intruders, militarily drove them into the Far Highlands, where they resided for many centuries until the Age of Dawn, when emerging from the mountains they began to cultivate the earth, and drove back the native inhabitants, who they called Kathqi, or literally fools.

Over time, different men and women came to own the different farms of the Alquari, and those that gathered themselves around these farms in community came to be the serfs and peasants of this ruling caste of farm-owners. Each farm had a large, citadel-like building called simply a House by the Alquari. Eventually, the Houses came to be political and military entities, representing tribes or clans. Each House had a founding family, and followers. The Houses came to fight over the fertile plains of the south, and thus was born the Plain Wars.

The Plain Wars are mostly an oral history, for if scribed archives exist from that time, they have long ago disappeared. We know little of the Age of Dawn, at least in Olren, because the peoples of that land did not develop writing for many centuries, so busy were they in the consolidation of their empires.

What is known is that the Plain Wars normally began in manners most inconspicuous. An insult, a stone. Et cetera. That was all that was needed to turn the already tense Houses against each other. The House of Lornel, one of the Four Newhouses formed after the dissolution of the Oldhouses (late Age of Twilight entities), suffered the effects of the first Plain War greatly. Whereas they once ruled all that was from the Aral River, north to the Mid-Highlands, after the First Plain War, they lost quite nearly all that territory, and were driven back from their capital of Quolsar to the Aral River.

The Second Plain War was fought between Farrmarch and the rest of the Houses, but for the sacked Lornel, still at that time first breaking ground on the city of Lorenn. The result was a Farrmarch victory, gaining them more eastern territories.

The Third Plain War is much shrouded in mystery, for it is quite possibly the bloodiest, and the least-archived. What is known is that the Third Plain War put Lornel in position to create Albion, and did so through one of the bloodiest conflicts of the Twilight and Dawn eras.

The Fourth Plain War, more commonly known as the War of Albionic Succession, created Albion. The Lorneli House-Lord, Belinth, marched out of Lorenn with several convoys made up of many thousand armed warriors into the plains and forests, and went about crushing the Houses, and solidifying Lorneli control throughout all of the lands the Alquari knew as Albi. The only house that failed to be subjugated was Farrmarch, able to defend itself using the mountain chains that rested so close to its capital.

But Albion had been born, and the Alquari of Lornel were not finished upon their path.

Sorry for double-post. Anyone home?

Lord of Elves, you're a new guy so I'll be polite with you, its generally quite annoying for a mod if people pester them about updating. Just have faith that civver will update and when it comes, it will come, but don't pick up the habit of asking about it. It not only keeps the mod from being annoyed but it also doesn't clutter the thread. And, in some cases, if people pester a mod into updating when they're not ready, that really helps to burn out the fun in modding and they'll lose interest in the NES, if they feel like its more work then fun. Just something to think about man :).

I'm not asking about the update, sorry, I should have been more specific. I was trying to get ahold of Solanaar at the time (RL friend of mine), and also wondered if there was anyone else who hadn't sent in their orders so I could nerdrage at them, as well as doing my part to help bump the thread :p

Indeed :D

Update will be tommorow since I'll be busy the rest of today. Get your orders in by then if you want to be in the update.

I will call Solanaar and tell him to get his lazy :):):) on the forums.

Oh shoot Atlantis orders here

Population: 3(6,000 people)
Economy: 3
Nationhood: 3
Technologies: Agriculture, Hunting, Fishing
Spending Points: 5

5 points :)

-2 on Influence-We are wanting to pump people into our tribe, get them over to us
-2 on Political-We are getting to know more about Democracy and Bureaucracy. We are working for a Senate in the City of Atlantis, everyone being allowed to participate in elections.
-1 on Society-We are developing a society that is a "Classless", Representative Society. We feel the need to export our society to all others, a destiny if you would...

Continue expanding our nation

Albionic Myth and Legend
Albionic, and thus Alquaric, myth is shrouded in ice and water. Having been established that the Alquari migrated to the Isles of Quorolin many eons ago in the Age of Twilight, it is not surprising to find out that Alquaric stories have a strong linking to the sea, and the bridge of tundra and ice that the Alquari must have crossed to Quorolin from the mainland.

There are many stories of cold winters, and the struggles of honest folk against them, making their lives off of what they could, and doing their best in dark times. This is not, as their history is perceived, too particularly surprising. The love of stonework and heavy fur is also indicative of their origins. An ancestral trait, perhaps, that the Albionics should gather in enclosed spaces, warmed by the animal furs they wear during winter and when tanned and hardened, as armor.

Long ago, when the Alquari still wandered the Highlands, hunting also made a large impression upon their culture, and tales began to emerge of men who would ride on the backs of bear, taking their prey down with massing spears carved of the bones of the bears they tamed and rode.

As agriculture became more a part of Alquaric society, there emerged too myths of the farmer who disappeared in the night, or the struggle against brigands to save ones property.

In summary, Albionic myth and legend is diverse and very indicative of the general shape of their culture.

Top Bottom