Always War Challenge #2- China Immortal

Mark1031

Deity
Since there appears to be some interest in Always War but something a bit harder here is one at Immortal with China. Essentially, the one rule is that as soon as you meet a Civ (NOT a CS) you must declare war on that turn. It means about the only thing you can do is get an embassy to see where their capital is and then declare. There is no peace ever! At least you don’t have to worry about your rep.

As you can imagine this increases the difficulty somewhat. No trades on any kind. No trade routes except with CS’s, if you can keep them in your camp. No lucrative peace deals or selling cities or getting other civs to do your dirty work.

You can win by any means but domination is preferred.

Only other rule is no use of the pillage repair exploit.

With CSs you have free reign. You can make war then peace etc. No restrictions.

Settings are Immortal, Fractal, Raging Barbs.

AWI China.jpg

View attachment AWI Wu Zetian_0000 BC-4000.Civ5Save

I have more interest than time. I will try some as soon as I get a chance.

I will probably give this a try. So if you declare war with a CS to steal an early worker you can never make peace with them?

Edit: Game will not load due to "required DLC not available". I'm pretty sure I have all DLC.

Fractal will be harder I think and Raging Barbs is going to help out with the culture so that is the easy part lol!

I will probably give this a try. So if you declare war with a CS to steal an early worker you can never make peace with them?

Edit: Game will not load due to "required DLC not available". I'm pretty sure I have all DLC.

There are no restrictions on dealing with CSs. You can war make peace etc.

Don't know why it says you need DLC. I think I have just the standard full package.

usually, the DLCs people dont buy are the Map packs. other challenges specify no Map packs but since this is your own you can do how you please. but often, the Map packs will be why someone cant load it. that or the game was made with mods.

Yeah, I can't load it either and have all DLC except map packs, which I deleted when I became host of the DCL.

I really wish I could remove those cursed map packs from existence....or else convince everyone to delete them.

What is the problem with the map packs? I think I paid like 1 dollar and 50 cents for them all. Are they corrupt or not good? I am guessing it is only the problem that only half of the players have them? You should be able to file share them for free anyway but like Hammer said... Steam should just give them as a free bonus! I didn't try to load the save but I will get around to it soon.

I have all of the map packs too, so that can't be the problem.

Edit: I don't have Civ 5 Complete. I downloaded all of the DLC as separate files over the years.

Edit 2: So here's the DLC that I have installed. What am I missing?

Civ and Scenario Pack: Mongols
Civ Pack Babylon
Explorer's Map Pack
Conquest of the New World Deluxe Scenario
Cradle of Civilization Map Packs (all 4)
Double Civ and Scenario Pack: Spain and Polynesia
Scenario Pack Ancient Wonders

I was able to load the save. It does require all 3 map packs (explorers, scrambled continents, and scrambled nations).

Sorry bout that. I am not up on all the DLC BS. I believe I have CivV complete. I will try to disable map packs for future games.

I have all of the map packs too, so that can't be the problem.

Edit: I don't have Civ 5 Complete. I downloaded all of the DLC as separate files over the years.

Edit 2: So here's the DLC that I have installed. What am I missing?

Civ and Scenario Pack: Mongols
Civ Pack Babylon
Explorer's Map Pack
Conquest of the New World Deluxe Scenario
Cradle of Civilization Map Packs (all 4)
Double Civ and Scenario Pack: Spain and Polynesia
Scenario Pack Ancient Wonders

I don't see Korea and Wonders of the Ancient World.

Up to turn 340 so far. Conquered two other Civs who were on my continent early on (before turn 100 if I recall correctly), then had to take a long time to build up a force that could cross oceans and reasonably assault the enemy. Which wound up taking until Battleships/Planes due to not paying any attention to science initially.

About to take my fourth capital and expect the others to start falling fairly quickly after that. Aiming for a turn 400 finish and have been recording the whole thing for Youtube as well.

Would have tried this as i need to get better with domination but i don't have those scrambled maps.
When you generate maps that don't use those DLCs (fractal, pangea, continent ...) you can disable those DLCs from the DLC item in the main menu. This way everyone will be able to play your maps.

I can roll another china fractal map for those without the scrambled stuff but it won't be the same map of course :undecide:

Any chance the OP can post a Deity Pangaea map with the map packs disabled, please? :)

Any chance the OP can post a Deity Pangaea map with the map packs disabled, please? :)

I can but I don't think you can win playing AW. Would you like to suggest a Civ?

Top Bottom