Am I to stupid or what?

Well, I tried to play my very first HOF game. So I installed the mod (2.08.003), loaded it, and tried a game.

But it always tells me that this game isn't allowed for HOF use.

I read the rules at least 3 times, even tabbed out of the game just to make sure I make no mistake, still the same.

Its a duel pangea map with 1 opponent, Ghandi. Ressources are standard, world wrap is cylindrical, Lock Modified Assets is on, No Barbarians is on, all victory conditions are on. Everything else is off or in an allowed status.

So what am I making wrong? Where did I step over that rule line, that made this game not HOF compatible?

I'm very confused, and have attached the game so that you might take a look yourself.

I tried to open that game - but it won't load in my .003 mod because of locked modified assetts that are diferent, so I suspect that there is something changed in your assets. But to check you can go to the victory screen and press settings there the reason why it is invalid should be stated in red...

I can't open the save, I get an error message about protected assets or something. Forgot to write it down.

If you look at the settings page ingame, it will tell you exactly why the game isn't legal for HOF.

You mean this settings page?

Well, shouldn't this error be repaired in 2.08.003?

Hmm, just searched the forum here. Could it be possible that this CRC error is caused by blue marble, especially the font changes by civ scale?

Sorry, I've used blue marble since the very beginning of playing Civ 4 (can't stand the ugly vanilla graphic anymore), so had completely forgotten about it.

Will HOF work with blue marble enabled and civ scale disabled?

Hmm, just searched the forum here. Could it be possible that this CRC error is caused by blue marble, especially the font changes by civ scale?

Sorry, I've used blue marble since the very beginning of playing Civ 4 (can't stand the ugly vanilla graphic anymore), so had completely forgotten about it.

Will HOF work with blue marble enabled and civ scale disabled?
AFAIK the blue marble changes to the graphics work with the hof mod (i remember that for some earlier releases, so this might not be correct) - the scaling stuff changes the game's assets and renders the crc check invalid...

Well, so I have to reinstall my Civ4 and Warlords. Hope it works.

@Bastian-Bux, does that error occur every time? We've had some player's have that problem sporadically in the past, which is why we added that check to the mod so they could just start a new game instead of spending hours playing a game that we wouldn't be prepared to accept into the HOF. Also, make sure you're playing with a legitimate version of Civ4/Warlords, not a cracked version if that's what you're doing.

It happens every time, and I use a legal version (bought both Civ4 and Warlords when they did cost quit a buck still).

Well, just installed it anew, will try it out now without blue marble first.

OK, it does definitely work with blue marble for me. Well, civscales is not so important anyway ^^.

Maybe add a line into the rules/faq about blue marble and civscales compatibility? Cause afaik blue marble is used widly, and most probably just add civscales as well (because "its there"). ;)

Now back o my task to become the realy worst quattromaster, with 18 games submited, all warlords, and as many as possible at lowest settings. ^^

Top Bottom