AMAZON Diplomatic Messages

From us to the ETTA:
Sent: Saturday, February 12th, at 06:45 (GMT)

Dear ETTA members:

A quick update to confirm our research plans. We have finished Constitution and we see Quatronia has completed Printing Press, while Amazon has obtained Guilds and Gunpowder from Merlot, and CDZ is working on Military Tradition.

It is our understanding that Quatronia will now research Chemistry while Amazon gets Banking. We cannot begin Replaceable Parts until Banking is available, so we will save cash to research to Rifling without delay after we obtain Banking.

Is our understanding of the current situation correct? How long does Amazon anticipate it will be before Banking is complete?

Many thanks,

Trystero, Team Sirius

Finally, a message from Ama:
received 2010/02/20 02.25 PM (GMT-1)
Sirian Friends,

We recieved your letter suggesting coordination of the invasion of Comet, but the orders to capture the Candy-Axis city, "Option B" had already been voted on via our Democratic process, no other manuvers were approved or discussed. Accordingly, we will capture the city next turn, freeing your army to move on to assault the next M&M cities.

We have already communicated with Quatronia concerning our plans, and voiced our concerns about their ability to defeat Mavs on Comet alone. Since Mavs were still flourishing following the defeat of Merlot on Marthaton, we assumed that the alliance was expecting us to also destroy Mavs on Comet, which is why we were moving against them. But rest assured that we are more than willing to cooperate to destroy the Evil Candy-Axis.

We believe however, that it makes more sense to cooperate to kill Merlot first, because Merlot is smaller, already contained on MHI and as the FIN civ, Merlot has all the infrastruture for generating the M&M's tech. Once Merlot is gone, Mavs will not be able to advance in tech any further and will fall more easily. We feel that attacking Merlot first and Mavs second is the path of least resistance.

We nonetheless are fully aware that our Sirian friends may regard this line of reasoning to be accutely self-serving, so we are ready to do our part to make killing Mavs first as simple as possible. As is our custom therefore, we extend the Sirians an opportunity to choose between two approaches to defeating the Candy-Axis:

Choice 1 - Sirius moves their army and ships through Nabaxica to Marthaton for a combined assault on Merlot Home Island (MHI) first. While we assault MHI, the Q continue to keep Mavs occupied, and contained on Comet. Once Merlot is defeated, we turn both of our armies against the Mavs.

Choice 2 - Sirius and Quatronia attack the Mavs first, and while Sirius and Q assault Mavs, The AMAZON will keep Merlot occupied and contained on MHI. Once Mavs are destroyed, we attack Merlot together.

Please convey our warm affections to your people, and we look forward to your decision.

nabaxo, Special Envoy to Sirius

From Amazon to ETT:
Recieved: Saturday 26 of February

Sommerswerd said:
Hi Allies,

Just a note that we finished Banking and have it available to gift to you. We are currently pursuing Economics.

Sommerswerd

From AMAZON to us:
Received 28 February 2011 at 04:40am GMT

Greetings Sirians,

Just letting you know that we have completed our Anjennida libraries
as promised. Thank you again for your patience.

Team AMAZON

Message from Ama, Mar 09, 2011, 10:16 AM
Sommerswerd said:
Hello Sirian Friends,

As mentioned to you previously, we need Marble to finish Versailes Palace, and we were waiting for you to finish Taj Mahal as per your request. Congrats to you on finishing it, as well as the Mausoleum of Mausolos.
Trystero said:
Greetings, Amazonian allies!

I just logged in and you should now have Steam Power as you requested.

I did not accept your request for marble, because I have not been around as much recently, so I was unsure of our current plans. We will get back to you about that shortly.

Best regards,

Trystero

Message from Ama, just read on my inbox. I think they sent to both of us.
Trades 2
Originally Posted by Sommerswerd
Hello Sirian Friends,

As mentioned to you previously, we need Marble to finish Versailes Palace, and we were waiting for you to finish Taj Mahal as per your request. Congrats to you on finishing it, as well as the Mausoleum of Mausolos
Hello Amazon allies, we're now preparing a message for you where we put on the table more important questions.

But let me explain the "marble thing".

We need it now, so we can't lend it to you for awhile.

I already proposed in game the cities exchange and i think it's more than fair.

The former Mavericks' marble city is better than SpotB and less pressed by our culture, being on a corner.

If you accept the exchange we both gain a resource we now lack.

I'm sure you understand.

Ciao, B.
So i answered.

From AMAZON to us:
Received Wednesday, March 9th, 21:44(GMT)

Dear Siran Friends,

We have recently recieved two communiques from your wise countrymen Trystero and Blubmuz, regarding our latest request for Marble. Blubmuz told me that Sirius still needs the Marble, despite having completed the Taj Mahal. This was disappointing to us, as we were postponing our Wonder construction project, waiting for the Sirians to finish Taj Mahal. Meanwhile, the Sirians have built two Wonders using the Marble, one of which we had no prior notice of. Had we known your long term plans for Marble, we would have continued our project without it. We will therefore reluctantly resume construction sans-Marble, but we would like to give our Sirian neighbors a friendly reminder of our SAP treaty, which provides in relevant part.
Section 8. Wonders

8.1. Both members agree be open with each other about plans to build World Wonders, to avoid duplication and the tension that could arise from secretly competing against each other.
If we have overlooked some message concerning the Sirians' plans to build the second Wonder, I apologize in advance. Additionally, we completely understand that, the Marble is yours, to use as you see fit, and we respect this, although we would like to remind you that this was one of the distinctions we pointed out when we were attempting to persuade you that your proposed Anjennida dotmap gave you the much more favorable land. One example, is that Marble has proved to be an extremely valuable resource, as we knew, and predicted it would be.

We noticed that the Sirians, in their wisdom, used the Liberalism free-tech to get Steam Power. We congratulate you on now being able to build your special building, which undoubtedly will serve your nation well. The AMAZON was hoping and expecting that you would have chosen Rifling which would have greatly benefitted all the ETTT allies in our fight against the Candy-Axis, but again, this was your choice and we respect you decision completely.

Finally, and most importantly, we simply can not accept your offer to trade us Mirza in exchange for Option B. If you wish to gift it to us as a sign of respect and friendship, then we will happily accept, but we can not, in good conscience, agree to any trade for the city. Please be aware that we recognize that Mirza is a much better city, very similar to the Sirius city "Rigel" on Anjennida, already developed, with flood plains and Marble, while Option B is an undeveloped jungle city.

However, we also recognize that The AMAZON fought and died for that city, defeating over 12 Maverick defenders in their bloody suicide assault on our forces. Many, many AMAZON warriors were killed and/or wounded taking that city and only AFTER the battle was won, and the foes were routed and utterly defeated, did the Sirians rush in from behind with fast-moving units and stab the last lonley defender through the heart, quickly planting the Sirian flag. This was a most grave insult to The AMAZON, and an insult to the brave warriors who died to capture that city.

Therefore, we regard the city as ours. If the Sirians are not willing to to unconditionally respect our claim to the city, then we will simply withdraw, and respect your claim to the city as required by our SAP treaty. While we are willing to accept the fact that the wiley Sirians outmanuvered us in the physical capture of the city, we must express our dismay at the insult of being offered a "trade" for a city that rightfully belongs to us.

As a lesser matter, we would also like to mention the following to our wise Sirian friends:

1. Mirza is much too far away from our other cities, to be viable for us unless we maintain possesion of Option B. Without Option B, Mirza would be far too isolated and remote for us to accept. For this reason, the idea that Sirius should take Option B because the city is "closer" to Sirius is without merit. Option B is far closer to The AMAZON than Mirza, and Mirza is far closer to Sirius than Mirza is to The AMAZON.

2. The idea that trading these two cities "gives us both a needed resource" is illusory and totally without merit. The AMAZON is already providing the Sirians with Ivory, and the Sirians could just as easily provide The AMAZON with Marble in 5 turns, when the borders of Mirza expand, giving Sirius two sources of Marble. In fact, the Sirians' CRE trait means that they will gain access to the second Marble much faster than we could. Therefore, exchanging the cities is not any more necessary to give The AMAZON Marble, than it is to give Sirius Ivory.

3. It has been suggested by some AMAZONs that the Sirians would attempt to justify this insult over Mirza as "retalliation" for our initial capture of Option B. We find this reasoning totally bankrupt of merit however, as the Sirians spilled absolutely no blood fighting the defenders of Option B. Therefore, there can be no comparison between the two.

As has been said previously, if Sirius does not wish to respect our claim to the city, then we will depart in peace and friendship. We absolutely can not offer anything in trade for the city. We do not wish this matter to become an open wound in our Alliance, so let us move our attention to other things, namely, the swift destruction of the Candy-Axis. If the Sirians wish to respect our claim, simply offer the city to us in-game.

Sommerswerd, Captain of The AMAZON

PS for what it's worth, they're now posting the
tags for us. For consistency I should technically double-quote them, but it's silly so I haven't.

From us to AMAZON:
Sent Thursday, March 10th, 12:51(GMT)

Greetings to our friends in the Amazon.

Firstly a personal apology. While still keeping an eye on this game, I had been gradually drifting away from it for a variety of reasons, ranging from other interests (e.g. discovering Fall From Heaven and joining a PBEM for it on another board), real life things (e.g. I just had a second child a few weeks ago) and in game reasons (e.g. losing touch with the micromanagement, and getting quite frustrated with an unrelated but tirelessly ongoing debate within the team).

However I was still following what was happening, and was content because things seemed to be going along well enough. Until now anyway. Your latest correspondence came as an absolute lightning bolt of confirmation in the dead centre of my already starting to come to realise that things were in fact completely going to pot on the diplomatic front. So, I am taking it upon myself to fix the situation up, and am resolved not to let it slip again in the future. This is really of no interest to you in a way, but I offer solely as an explanation of the mixed messages you are currently getting from us at the moment.

Mirza
First, the Mirza situation. I was unaware of any city poaching going on, as this is not the sort of strategy we have talked about employing. So I asked quite frankly what was going on. The answer was in our own logs, the post describing the plans to take the city:
I logged in and seen the Mavs' cities empties, but a LB in the Plague.
They deleted all their units. Not fair to do so with workers, i think. But they favoured us.

Basically, he logged into the game, saw an empty city, and, wisely or otherwise, came to the conclusion that Mavericks must have deleted (or at least removed?) their units from the city for some reason. Apparently others in the team knew better but communication was poor. It's a somewhat bizarre excuse I'm sure, but like they say truth is stranger than fiction.

At the end of the day, this should have been a co-operative effort in taking the city, not a poaching. That the city is out of Maverick hands however is to the good on the whole, and everything else should be able to be rectified.

As for what to do about it, we are frankly warmed by your polite response to the situation and willingness to leave the city in our hands. However, we would like to put this right. The best way to go about this is not entirely clear to me, not least because it's been a while since I logged into the game and I'm not familiar with the area involved. Any proposed solution will also take some discussion within the team. But we assure you that we do not wish to create a situation where we are unco-operatively racing to capture cities first and sponge of each other's efforts.

We had a desire for our military general (Blubmuz) to work closely with your generals to plan out this war against Mavericks in greater detail. Previous military failures against Mavericks were blamed partly on a lack of co-ordination between teams. Our intention was to set up some sort of fast collaboration whereby we knew what each other's plans were on that spoke each turn. However, his attempts to set up this sort of collaboration on this were frustrated. It is clear that this sort of closer co-ordination would have avoided this mixup in Mirza. Whether our intent here was badly communicated, our suggestion undesirable or the relevant people simply unavailable to follow through on it is not clear, but it's worth us sorting this out.

So I'll restart the proposal from scratch. Would you like to set up some process by which our general can work with yours on a turn by turn basis to co-ordinate our efforts and avoid both problems like Mirza and costly tactical mistakes in the future? If so, who should we talk to, and how should we go about setting it up? If not, do you have some proposals for how we can avoid this sort of issue escalting into future problems? I will think over this matter myself as well.

Technology, Rifling and Steam Power

As you noticed a decision was made to claim the more expensive Steam Power technology with Liberalism rather than Rifling. We are however still researching Rifling at the moment, and it will be complete in only 3 turns from now.

Marble, Wonders

First, my apologies for not informing you of our MoM plans. It's primarily a product of my own distance from the game, and others not really taking it upon themselves to think about that sort of thing. I hope we did not disrupt any plans of your own, although I apologise in either case.

Currently, our turn players are reluctant to trade marble because we are busily building both Heroic and National Epics. However, I think you have a fair claim on the marble and have been treated disrespectfully in being denied it, so I intend to try and convince them to trade it immediately. Hopefully you will see the fruits of those efforts in-game soon, otherwise I will at least figure out as close a date as possible to transfer it, let you know what it is, and stick to it.

Finally, again I apologise for the divided front and mixed messages you are getting from us at the moment. I intend to rectify this situation however, from now and into the future, and if I fail to do so I will at least step down and encourage someone to officially take my place rather than just filling in for my absence. We thank you again for your polite and co-operative handling of this situation.

Irgy on behalf of Team Sirius

From Amazon to Sirius:
March 20th, 2011 12:43pm

Sirian Allies,

We recieved your last message as well as your gracious trade of Marble for Sheep. We offered this trade to you previously, when we were constructing our Heroic Epic, but you were not interested in such a trade at the time. We have been using the Marble to complete Versailes palace, and anticipate completion in 9 turns. If you wish to resume your work with Marble at that time, we will happily accept some other reasonable trade for Sheep as per Section 5 of the SAP.

We apologize for the delay in responding to your last message, as you intimated that you were contemplating some resolution to the Mirza incident. Consequently, we were waiting for your proposal to rectify the situation over the Sirian occupation of Mirza which you so accurately referred to as "poaching." Again, we can imagine no solution that would satisfy us, save the Sirians simply transferring the city to us, however, as we have indicated previously, we have resigned ourselves to leaving this matter within the discretion of the wise Sirians.

On a related topic, we were somewhat confused by your implication that this incident was caused by a "lack of co-ordination between teams" as we responded to your General Blubmuz's communiques with a direct inquiry regarding Sirius' desires concerning the proposed cooperation. There was a delay on our part, which was due to the absence of our Special Envoy to Sirius, causing a delay in us recieving the messages. However, as soon as we recieved the letters form General Blubmuz, we responded. This took place the same year that our armies sieged and captured Oprion B.

In fact, we laid out two distinct plans of co-ordination for capturing the enemy home islands, and invited the wise Sirians to choose the strategy they favored. We got no response from your General, or any other Sirian following this communique. We did not hear from you again until we contacted you following the occupation of Mirza. We look forward with great anticipation to your response to our proposals, including any possible plans your Generals may have developed.

Sommerswerd, Captian of the Zenobian Matriarchy

I sent a quick inquiry to Amazon, asking if they had sent messages to Bulbmuz in game.

I've seen nothing from them. Nor in game, nor in PM, nor in Gmail.

While i'm absolutely sure about PM and Gmail, i can't be about in game. If anyone logged and ignored the diplo screen or any other communication, i can't know.

From AMAZON to us:
Received 20 March 2011 at 16:43 (GMT)

Sirian Allies,

We recieved your last message as well as your gracious trade of Marble for Sheep. We offered this trade to you previously, when we were constructing our Heroic Epic, but you were not interested in such a trade at the time. We have been using the Marble to complete Versailes palace, and anticipate completion in 9 turns. If you wish to resume your work with Marble at that time, we will happily accept some other reasonable trade for Sheep as per Section 5 of the SAP.

We apologize for the delay in responding to your last message, as you intimated that you were contemplating some resolution to the Mirza incident. Consequently, we were waiting for your proposal to rectify the situation over the Sirian occupation of Mirza which you so accurately referred to as "poaching." Again, we can imagine no solution that would satisfy us, save the Sirians simply transferring the city to us, however, as we have indicated previously, we have resigned ourselves to leaving this matter within the discretion of the wise Sirians.

On a related topic, we were somewhat confused by your implication that this incident was caused by a "lack of co-ordination between teams" as we responded to your General Blubmuz's communiques with a direct inquiry regarding Sirius' desires concerning the proposed cooperation. There was a delay on our part, which was due to the absence of our Special Envoy to Sirius, causing a delay in us recieving the messages. However, as soon as we recieved the letters form General Blubmuz, we responded. This took place the same year that our armies sieged and captured Oprion B.

In fact, we laid out two distinct plans of co-ordination for capturing the enemy home islands, and invited the wise Sirians to choose the strategy they favored. We got no response from your General, or any other Sirian following this communique. We did not hear from you again until we contacted you following the occupation of Mirza. We look forward with great anticipation to your response to our proposals, including any possible plans your Generals may have developed.

Sommerswerd, Captian of the Zenobian Matriarchy

From us to AMAZON:
Sent Tuesday, March 22nd, 21:36(GMT)

Let me first just explain what happened here.

It's clear to me that our intentions with regard to this co-ordination were poorly communicated. Our intention was to set up a much more involved and detailed planning than what seems to have been understood. It was not simply a request for alignment of our broader strategic plans. Instead it would have involved arranging times for generals to directly chat. Not just occasionally, but each turn. And to co-ordinate individual moves in detail. Such an idea however clearly requires a more active and immediate response.

So, after receiving no response for a number of turns, our general became frustrated with the idea. When a response finally did arrive, with no explanation for the delay and only some suggestions of broad strategic plans, our general simply gave up on the idea completely. It's increasingly clear to me however that you were simply entirely unaware of what it was that we were trying to arrange. Our general personally took it as a complete lack of interest in close co-operation and has had a petulant attitude ever since. However I think his response was thoroughly unwarrented, as his intent was simply never conveyed to you in a way that might have made clear the response he was after. This misunderstanding is part of what's lead to the greater breakdown in the diplomatic situation.

Agreeing on the broader plan before narrowing in to the details may well have been a good approach to lead into the sort of co-ordination we desired. So your message was perfectly fine in that regard. It just clashed with what we were hoping for at the time, and the whole process seemed destined to be too slow to acheive anything worthwhile.

A detailed, turn by turn active discussion as we intended would certainly have avoided the confusion that lead to the poaching in question, and that was the only point I was making there. Who's fault it is that this did not occur is a separate issue, and I am willing to conceed it was at least partly our own bad communication. We should also have at least responded to the message you did send. Like I said, this was at the peak of my own absence, our general had given up in despair, and no-one else thought to step in. We intend to avoid such a situation in the future.

To be frank, we are in a state of universal disagreement on the matter over here. It seems both teams were waiting for each other to some extent, as we were hoping your response might shed some light on the debate over here.

Instead it seems some light has been shed, but not through diplomatic channels. A number of settlers have appeared in the area, and it seems reasonably clear that your intent is to settle the all or most of the remaining available spaces on this spoke. While this highlights further the breakdown in the diplomatic situation, and has some members of the team a little concerned, personally I think it is a perfectly reasonable, legitimate and justified reaction to the situation. It's not a co-operative reaction, but our own city poaching, however unintentional at the time, was no a co-operative action to begin with, so it's understandable.

My goal at this stage is simply to find a resolution to the situation with which we can agree to call it even and move on. Although we'd, on balance, prefer to avoid a pointless culture war and over-settling of the spoke, we respect your right to settle the available locations. However, it's no use if you still feel wronged, and the ensuing culture war then only serves to damage relations further. So, I have a number of suggestions and questions as to what you would find an acceptable resolution to the situation.

Firstly, with regard to conceeding Mirza, the team is still divided on whether we ought to or not. However, I can say a couple of things with confidence. There is no way I will be able to convince people to vote in favour of gifting the city if this is to be followed by your continuing to settle aggressively in the area. On the other hand, if gifting the city would give us an agreement that you will avoid any further settlements in the area, then people here would at least feel like they are getting something out of it and be more willing to conceed Mirza. This leads to a couple of potentially viable options:
* Gifting the city in exchange for a no settlement agreement, or,
* Keeping the city in exchange for allowing you to settle the area as you please.

But first I need to know, would either of these options satisfy you? Or come close at least, such that we can consider some other possibilities that may make up the difference? The second option is kind of the status quo, which is what would likely happen if nothing was done, however the question remains as to whether you would consider this to make us even, or continue to hold the whole situation against us in the future.

If we can find a resolution to the situation that satisfies us both, we can then return to the better co-operation that we used to have.

From AMAZON to the ETTT:
Received 22 March 2011 at 6.41am (GMT)

Greetings Allies,

This is a quick notice that The AMAZON has begun construction of the Sistine Chapel and the Temple of Artemis. Accordingly, we request that Teams consider bypassing Scientific Method as long as possible, as it will obsolete ToA as well as the Sirians' Great Library.

Thank you for your consideration,
The AMAZON

From AMAZON to us:
Received Wednesday, 23rd March at 18:37 (GMT)

Greetings Sirian Allies,

We appreciate the straight-forwardness of your communication and we will respond in kind as we always have in our dealings with our Sirian allies. The Sirians are wise and perceptive indeed. The AMAZON, having had our city, Mirza "poached" from us felt that the Sirians were pursuing a first-come, first-served, finders-keepers policy towards the lands on Comet. So as you suspected, our decision to rapidly settle the rest of Comet was a direct response to the Sirian occupation of Mirza. What do do going forward therefore, is a simple matter to The AMAZON.

As we have stated, we regard Mirza as our city and consequently we can not indulge any trades or agreements in exchange for it. As we have also stated, we regard the taking and continued occupation of the city to be in bad-faith, and we cannot entertain any agreements regarding the lands on the Comet penninsula until Mirza has been rightfully returned to us.

However, if the Sirians transfer ownership to Mirza before the end of the current turn, we will consider the issue of Mirza resolved, and we will happily enter into negotiations on equitably dividing the remainder of Comet. If this proposal is accepted, we will then like to negotiate on how to manage the delicate matter of cultural expansion on Comet, to avoid a costly and distracting culture war there.

In the meantime, as far as settlemnt goes, what we would favor, is to settle in place on the forest near the northwestern Clam, where our settler already is, and leave the remainder of the Spire to our wise Sirian friends. With your recently obtained special building, you can certainly make much better use of the spire than The AMAZON.

On the other hand, if we do not hear from you favorably before the end of the turn, our settlers stand poised to completely settle the remainder of the land on Comet within the next few turns, including 2 cities that will be founded next turn. Additionally, we will still consider Mirza to be our city, and we will not entertain any agreements with respect to cultural expansion, land division or anything else regarding Comet outside the terms of our existing SAP treaty, until Mirza is delivered to us.

Finally, we regard the issue of Comet to be minor, having very little effect on our great affection for our Sirian friends in the larger sense. We feel that this matter may have strained, but will by no means break our bonds of friendship. The swift, painful and firey death of our mutual enemies, the Candy-Axis remains our foremost concern.

nabaxo, Special Envoy to Sirius &
Sommerswerd, Captain of The AMAZON

From us to the ETTT:
Sent Thursday, March 24th, 12:07(GMT)

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 5:41 PM, Team AMAZON <teamamazon1@gmail.com> wrote:

Greetings Allies,

This is a quick notice that The AMAZON has begun construction of the Sistine Chapel and the Temple of Artemis. Accordingly, we request that Teams consider bypassing Scientific Method as long as possible, as it will obsolete ToA as well as the Sirians' Great Library.

Greetings

We had in fact started on Scientific Method, however since you have requested we avoid this technology we have switched to Economics instead. If any other teams intend to do some research, it appears the only two remaining chocies are Railroad and the dead-end but still at least a little useful Military Science.

We would still question the wisdom of building the Temple of Artemis at this stage of the game, as there are very few techs available (6 in total as I understand: Military Science, Railroad, Combustion, Economics, Corporation, Assembly Line) that it is not a pre-requisite for, so we will surely wish to research it fairly soon.

Irgy, on behalf of Team Sirius

From Amazon to us:
Received Thursday, March 24th, 13:17(GMT)
Greetings Allies,

Perhaps you forgot, that we are already teching Economics.

Team AMAZON

At approximately the same time, a PM was sent:
Hello Allies,

Just noticed your message that you switched to Economics this turn. I guess you forgot that we were already teching Economics.

Also, on another matter, the members of the team wanted me to remind you that we have settlers available to transfer to you if you accept our proposal to postpone settlement of Comet pending a settlement agreement between us. So you would be able to found your cities right away if you so choose.

Sommerswerd

From us to Amazon:
Sent Thursday, 24th March, 13:23(GMT)

Ok, we've switched back to Scientific Method for now then.

Are you that far through it though? Will it be complete soon? We need to get it before our golden age runs in 4 turns so that we can switch to Free Market. If you can't complete it in that time then we can only assume you're not that far through it, and we would in that case request to swap, as we can research it in time ourselves.

Irgy, on behalf of Team Sirius

From AMAZON to the ETTT:
Received 25 March 2011 at 02:27am (GMT)

Dear Sirians,

Since you will be switching back to Scientific Method, we will discontinue Temple of Artemis. You are correct that the benefit was to be short lived. However, respectfully, we prefer to complete Economics ourselves, as we have already put beakers into it and we already have made plans based on using the Great Merchant. Indeed our decision to tech Banking was made with these plans in mind.

We understand and regret the great inconvenience to you in having to endure a turn of Anarchy as a result of not recieving Economics during your Golden Age. We would just point out that since you were already teching Scientific Method, and these plans have essentially not been disturbed, you would have had to endure the Anarchy anyway, and it was only briefly that the possibilty of a convient in-Golden Age switch was even contemplated.

Also, the reason the Sirians are enjoying a Golden Age, is because you claimed the Golden Age producing Wonders. As you claimed them as soon as they were available, you are entitled to the benefits. We hope you will agree that the same applies to Economics and the Great Merchant. It would be a strange situation indeed to claim wonders that give Golden Ages and then usurp our claim to the Great Merchant justified as a consequence of your long Golden Age. We are presently in Anarchy so we can not give you an exact time for Ecoomics, but we estimate completion in 6 turns.

Sommerswerd of The AMAZON

Top Bottom