America The Resilient

What unscratchedfoot really meant to say was "Epic story, keep it coming".

Quoted for truth.

Also, truth be told, I WOULD take such advice more seriously if he didn't prove so negative in so many stories before he's nigh-trolled at. Does he purposly wait for a story that doesn't wait for his standards to post at? Does he ever give positive comments anymore? I wonder...

Sorry 'bout the delay. I'll try to make time tonight to continue.

Spoiler :
FYI, this game has already been completed and I didn't decide to do a story on it until after the fact, so early on I had to try to do a re-enactment to get some screen shots. That's proving to be complicated because not alot goes the same way. :)

A door bell rings. Excited for some company, the old grandfather walks to answer the door as fast as his rusty old knees will take him.

"Hey, hey, Timmy! It's been a while. Glad to see you back. Come on in! Come on in! Let me guess, you've been busy playing your video game Grandma and I got you, haven't you? Is that why I haven't seen you in a while?"

"Well yeah Grandpa, it's just so good. My friend loves it too. I brought him along. I hope you don't mind."

"Not at all. Who is you're friend?"

"His name is Richard, but people call him Dick."

"Well nice to meet you Dick."

The young lad appeared perturbed. "I hate it when people call me that. So just call me by my online name. I've been teaching Timmy all the secrets of that game you gave him. I'm awesome and Timmy sucks, so he needs my help."

"Is that so?" responded the elder with a smile.

"Yeah Grandpa. He's from out of town and he's only here for the month. But we've been playing that game a lot and my buddy here is really good at it. When he's not here, we play multi-player games through the internet."

"Yeah, Timmy and I have our own online names. It's a lot of fun."

"So what's your online name Richard?"

"unscratchfoot."

"Is that Native American or something?"

"No." Richard rolled his eyes.

Taken back, Timmy's Grandfather stood strait up. After a moment of silence, Timmy decided to break the ice, "Hey Grandpa, are you going to continue your story today? I was telling Dick you know alot about history, but he don't believe me. So that's why I brought him here."

"Well sure, I'm always happy to share the knowlege."

"Oh come on old man, you sound like you think you know everything. From what everything Timmy was telling me, I bet your just making it all up. So let's here it."

With out hesitation, the patient old man responded, "Haha, your a fiery one aren't you. That's alright. I remember what it was like to be your age. Anyway, come on and take a seat.

So unscratchedfoot, are you interested in Native American's at least? Is that why you chose that name?"

"Their alright, but I more like the Japanese. Those fancy Chief feathers are pretty cool though. But who cares? Aren't you going to tell a story? Go ahead, let's here it! And it better be good!!!"

"Well I think you'll like this story. ;)

You see George Washington and a few of his men had just finished with their meeting and had been filled up with their dinner at the palace. Washington had created positions as part of his staff and had appointed his friend John Adams to be his domestic adviser, Benjamin Franklin his scientific adviser, and had come under protest from Horatio Gates for not appointing him as American Military Adviser of the tribe, or for sending him out to lead the warriors expedition to the northwest lands. So to keep Gates content, he agreed to send Horatio Gates to lead a small band of Warriors to scout the north east lands. As the evening fell under the full moon light and most of the guests had already left the palace, John Adams quietly slipped around the corner in the Palace courtyard to find his long time leader and friend, George Washington, staring up at the stars.

"Oh sorry your excellency, I didn't mean to disturb you."

"That's quite alright John." Washington said with a soft voice as he continued to gaze into outer space.

John Adams joined Washington at his side. "Beautiful night, isn't sir."

"Yes, yes it is." Washington continued his stare of the stars. "Tell me John, do you believe there is just one God?"

Suprised by this question, John stumbled with his words a bit. "Well, uhm... I haven't thought much about it. But maybe there is. I mean how many Gods could there possibly be to control one world?"

"You know my old friend", Washington said as he put his hand on John's shoulder, "I've been thinking alot about this lately. And my conversation tonight with Ben and Mr. Luther has only increased my curiousity.

I'm considering making Mr. Luther my religous advisor. Surely if anyone can determine the answer to this question, it must be he and Benjamin Franklin."

"Well, I'll certainly support you. Tread carefully though. The old ways will not die easily."

"Yes, but for now... we I need to begin preperations on my journey. I am to meet this new tribe to the west. As a matter of fact, I'm going to make a grand expedition of it and continue onward to see what else may be near our people. In the mean time, John, as Domestic adviser I am leaving things to you. See to it that we discover these secrets. I believe if we can know the truth, our culture will spread through out the world and all will be under our influence. "

"As you wish. I'll advise Mr. Luther and Ben Franklin first thing in the morning."

And so days passed as Washington and his men prepared for their long and grueling journey. In the northeast, Horatio Gates and his men encountered viscous wild animals. They were attacked!

Gates thrived under combat and left no attackers alive. They continued onward on their journey to the east.

It wasn't before long when the morning of Washington's departure from the village came. There, he issued his departing orders to his staff.

"Ben, see to it that your research progresses well. Work closely with Mr. Luther. If there is just one God, our culture must lead the way to prove this. We also need to learn more about this bronze metal you have proposed because we are not alone in this land. Should we find ourselves with enemies, our warriors will need all the advantages we can provide them. "

"We'll do our best, Your Excellency!" Replied Ben.

"And to you Mr. Adams, my old friend. I leave the governing of the home village up to you. See to it that our Settlers are ready to make their trip. I shall travel to the settling land first as my first stop on my journey. Once there, I shall send word of our findings. See to it that you do the same and continue to update me on events within the village."

"Absolutely" replied John Adams. "I've already got out best runners on notice."

Just in that moment, baby faced man with smooth skin upon his face hollered from afar at Washington "Your Excellency! I always knew you were chosen for great thing!"

Washington threw up his hands in delight, "Mr. Hamilton!! My old friend and confidant! It's been a while! I'm so glad you could make it!"

"I'm glad you asked me on this expedition."

"I wouldn't have it any other way. After all, you never know what kind of dangers a journey might face. It's only natural I have a right hand man by my side."

"Haha, just like back when in the battles against the oldbarbs!" chuckled Hamilton, the dimples in his cheeks fully indented.

And with that, Washington and his men were on their way. Time would tell what kind of mysteries they would find....

-"OH GET TO THE POINT!" Richard interupted. "I'm bored!"

Shocked, Timmy's grandfather paused. "Alright, how 'bout we take a break. Would you like some ice cream?"

The story would have to wait a few minutes while they all cooled down on the sweet chill of ice cold vanilla Ice Cream.

Spoiler :
The rest of this part is forth comming in the next couple days. It is the same story line.

Nice update and I knew it would only be a matter of time before Hamilton made an appearance.

Hi guys, thanks for your interest! I just wanted to let you know where I am with the update. I had intended on being much farther along with a few more updates by now, but unfortunately my internet connection went out and now I'm in the process of changing ISP plans. So I won't be back on line until around Thursday and hopefully I'll get the next update then.

This message was brought to you by the community public library. The more we know... :D

Enjoying this so far and will be watching for future updates. :)

and does the story go on , .... :confused:

Where's the next part? This one is good so far! ;) I'm gonna lose interest if this one doesn't get updated soon! :(

Top Bottom