Amra's ALH Modpack for v1.61 (using Animated Leaderheads)

keldath said:
hey arma...

well you have apoint...

kinda stupid to have a piza tower in each city....

i tryed....
Thanks again for trying keldath, I appreciated it.

Amra, do I have permission to use some of your animated leaderheads? The ones I am planning to use are your Basil leaderhead, the Vartan Mamikonian leaderhead when you are done with it, and another one. I will be using them for my upcoming project.:)

Drtad said:
Amra, do I have permission to use some of your animated leaderheads? The ones I am planning to use are your Basil leaderhead, the Vartan Mamikonian leaderhead when you are done with it, and another one. I will be using them for my upcoming project.:)
Of course, anything I post is fair game. Just give me credit somewhere in the readme. :goodjob:

PS: I'm not sure which leader I am going to do for Armenia yet. However, I have noticed a resemblance between Andranik & the Stalin LH so I am sort of leaning in that direction. Also, I got your 2nd UU suggestions, thank you very much for the help.

Thanks Amra. I guess I can just keep the static one for Vartan.:sad:

To anyone who is curious, I have estimated a release date for the Warlords version of my modpack.

Monday, August 28th.

I expect to have all the Unique Buildings, as well as any other items that need tending to, done by then. I have other personal projects that I want to do after that so I will be working hard to get it posted by then.

@Drtad
I am trying hard to add Armenia (with Andranik) by then also but may need to put it off until a future update if I run out of time. Afterwards, if you would like, I can try to whip up a Vartan LH for your mod. I can't make any promises on Vartan, however, as I've previously promised to help Wyz_sub10 with Civ Gold and I'm not sure how much time I can devote to modding after the 1st of September due to the previously mentioned personal projects.

@Amazing Game
I also want to add Croatia, time allowed. Just wanted to let you know that it is in the works.

Amra, looks incredible!!!

Will the Warlords update have the additional resources, additional techs and additional civics and additional buildings?

agoodfella said:
Will the Warlords update have the additional resources, additional techs and additional civics and additional buildings?
Version 2 for Warlords will have everything Warlords does plus 25 new civs (maybe more if time) with their own unique buildings, a few new techs (just the ones that are in v1.80 for now), a 2nd UU for all civs, Rabbit's EDU mod (version 2.2 so far but I will try to add the v2.35 patch) and as many of the mods that are in v1.80 that have been updated to Warlords. Unfortunately, the advisor screens have not been updated yet so they will have to wait until a future version/patch.

[EDIT] I forgot to answer your question about resources. Yes, version 2 will have 15 new resources including 2 (Sulphur & Rubber) that will be required to build some units.

@ Amra, re: Croatia Civ Inclusion.(Screenshot #1- attached hereto)

Thanks for the inclusion of Croatia to your upcoming project. Actually, I have successfully integrated "Knin Castle" as a unique building in WL version for this civ, using your LH, which coincidentally has the King of Croatia (Thomislav) standing in front of a backdrop of what appears to me to be Knin Casle (where he was crowned as King). I figure that since this is a monumental occassion in Croatia's History, I cut much of the XML unique qualities of Spanish Citadel into "Knin Castle". I changed the bonuses to more closely reflect Croatia's Heritage while at the same time, respecting- comparatively speaking- Spains financial conquests. Hence, I removed the trade route bonus for the Knin Castle, reduced the bombardment from 50% to 25%- but added 2 culture and 1 Happy- because Croatia was and continues to be "lovers and not fighters"- Except when pushed to the wall !- Ask the Turks, Hungarians or Serbs. To this end, I changed the the experience from +2 for Melee units. (Screenshot #1- attached hereto).

If you want, I can PM you all the croatian files to save you time.

Please don't think for a second, I am impying that that you have to implement this as I have. I will always respect people like yourself who continue to put out projects like your Amra Mod. Obviously, if you chose Knin Castle or not whatever you do will be great !!

@ Amra, re: your 14 resources modpack:

I was having problems placing your graphic building into WL's. I'm speaking of the Brewery Building. It passed the XML load, but when in the game, having completed the Construction Tech (for Brewery), I would command the construction of the building, my game crashed. Only when I changed the graphics from your artwork to the "Stable Building configurations" did I finally stop the crash, and get the much needed bonus of your Brewery Invention- no more crashes. Oh, and I was forced to use the stable button since the game would crash if I tried to keep your Brewery Button. I'm a meticulous and stubborn person and made sure the paths were right, the atlas files in the right place, the files in the right art folders etc.

If, and ONLY IF- and I really mean only if- you have the time: could you pretty please explain this. Anyways this all is probably a mute point, since the BREWERY will likely be in the next edition of your continuing great work. If thats the case then, don't worry about this query, as I will be able to see from your completed work, what I couldn't do.

Your AMRA MOD PROJECT is so computer friendly, NO sluggish responses like some Mods (no names), SO "Sid- Friendly". But most of all, as I have repeatedly stated before, the most caring and responsive Mod Creator out there. I hope the Football Season goes on strike, so you will be able to continue to spend the time that you do now.

@ Amra, re: THANKS AGAIN:

For your tidey mini- tutorials and self- help instructions (rabbit white also). Because of you I have successfully implented many wonders, buildings and units (already created by others) into warlords for a small Mod I have started for my personal enjoyment. I've taken Ganart's Templar Knight and Crusade Wonder, changed some percentage combat qualities in pursuit of the perfect and fair combat interactions.

On this note, I find, that - for the most part (99%)- Sid really knew what he's doing. I'm not a big fan of some of the combat changes some modders have wonderfully attempted. The A1 needs a simple interface to exact a good challenge to the human participate. In one mod I removed the tundra and desert combat promotion because I consitently came across A1 opponents walking in the middle of Europe with these tundra and desert promotions. This is good if I don't want a challenge. But, the opposite is true, so I went into the respetive files and removed this completely. Kept what was good and tossed want wasn't (my humble opinion).

@ AMRA, re: python:

I plan to hit the interent and get a decent command of Python, particularily, on how to merge different python compilations. If you know of some good links and only if they are a couple of clicks away on your screen, could you direct them to me. I already have a few.

@ AMRA, re: European Map. (Screenshot #2- attached hereto)

I have successfully made/ compiled (from our earth) a huge european map (just europe) into a 77 by 67 sized frame, with 5159 plots written. The significance of this is that most gamers appear to require "video-card friendly" maps. I believe this addresses that issue head on. See second attached screenshot. In the photo, it is a clean version; but the one I have completed utilizes your 14 resource mod, which I had to then get a crash course in European geography, topography and its respective economic demographics (very time consuming- but in finality- very, very satisfying. I would love to assist you in any way to draw up a scenerio you may want. Just ask, I can include markers etc. if you wish. But to be honest with you, in the game I'm playing, I am tweaking the number and location of resources to exact the present day financial and demographic situation. SO...this is an on-going project. Kinda messing around with Handicap, GameSpeed and tech XML files to get the desired effect while at the same time: ...JUST ENJOYING SID MEIRER'S AMAZING GAME...

@ AMRA, re: WOW !!!

Having just recently been imersed into the world of XML and hopefully soon, PYTHON, I can even more appreciate what you have been doing all this time. AND I HAVEN'T EVEN MENTIONED THE ARTWORK YOU HAVE DONE WITH THE LH's... Man.... your great !!!! Your da BOSS !!!!

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot01.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot01.JPG
    174.6 KB · Views: 108
  • Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    182.3 KB · Views: 118
Here is the second screenshot I failed to attach.

European 77 by 67 May (Huge map of Europe only.) I was talking about.

Sorry about that people :sad:

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot02.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot02.JPG
    272.5 KB · Views: 137
Amra said:
Version 2 for Warlords will have everything Warlords does plus 25 new civs (maybe more if time) with their own unique buildings, a few new techs (just the ones that are in v1.80 for now), a 2nd UU for all civs, Rabbit's EDU mod (version 2.2 so far but I will try to add the v2.35 patch) and as many of the mods that are in v1.80 that have been updated to Warlords. Unfortunately, the advisor screens have not been updated yet so they will have to wait until a future version/patch.

[EDIT] I forgot to answer your question about resources. Yes, version 2 will have 15 new resources including 2 (Sulphur & Rubber) that will be required to build some units.

I can't wait... looks incredible.

Amazing Game said:
If you want, I can PM you all the croatian files to save you time.

Please don't think for a second, I am impying that that you have to implement this as I have. I will always respect people like yourself who continue to put out projects like your Amra Mod. Obviously, if you chose Knin Castle or not whatever you do will be great !!
I've already got the Croatia civ files but if you want to PM me the building xml files, it would be appreciated. Thanks

Amazing Game said:
I was having problems placing your graphic building into WL's. I'm speaking of the Brewery Building. It passed the XML load, but when in the game, having completed the Construction Tech (for Brewery), I would command the construction of the building, my game crashed. Only when I changed the graphics from your artwork to the "Stable Building configurations" did I finally stop the crash, and get the much needed bonus of your Brewery Invention- no more crashes. Oh, and I was forced to use the stable button since the game would crash if I tried to keep your Brewery Button. I'm a meticulous and stubborn person and made sure the paths were right, the atlas files in the right place, the files in the right art folders etc.

If, and ONLY IF- and I really mean only if- you have the time: could you pretty please explain this. Anyways this all is probably a mute point, since the BREWERY will likely be in the next edition of your continuing great work. If thats the case then, don't worry about this query, as I will be able to see from your completed work, what I couldn't do.
I'm not sure what could be causing any problems with the Brewery art & icon but I will test it out this week. If it is still causing problems then I can replace it. I think that there is another Brewery model posted on this forum somewhere.

Amazing Game said:
I hope the Football Season goes on strike, so you will be able to continue to spend the time that you do now.
Football season on strike? Nooooooo! :suicide:

Amazing Game said:
I plan to hit the interent and get a decent command of Python, particularily, on how to merge different python compilations. If you know of some good links and only if they are a couple of clicks away on your screen, could you direct them to me. I already have a few.
No, I'm sorry. The only thing I can suggest (and you've probably already done) is to check the Tutorials section here. I'm not a programmer and don't really have a desire to learn that at this time so I have just stuck to merging Python mods together as opposed to creating new Python mods. TheLopez is the expert at that.

Amazing Game said:
I would love to assist you in any way to draw up a scenerio you may want. Just ask, I can include markers etc. if you wish.
Thanks for the offer. I'm not at that point yet but I will let you know. :goodjob: I still have a very time consuming idea in the back of my mind of doing a total conversion of the Hyborian Age with all new LH's, Civs, UU's, Religions, etc as well as a map. It's been on the back burner and would be a lot of work. Maybe after football season and after I've finalized this modpack a little more.

Amazing Game said:
Having just recently been imersed into the world of XML and hopefully soon, PYTHON, I can even more appreciate what you have been doing all this time. AND I HAVEN'T EVEN MENTIONED THE ARTWORK YOU HAVE DONE WITH THE LH's... Man.... your great !!!! Your da BOSS !!!!
Shhh... Don't tell my wife. And, yeah, I have spent WAY too much time doing this but in a very warped sense, it is fun. I guess it helps to take my mind off of any real world concerns or problems that come up. That's always a good thing.

Amra said:
Shhh... Don't tell my wife. And, yeah, I have spent WAY too much time doing this but in a very warped sense, it is fun. I guess it helps to take my mind off of any real world concerns or problems that come up. That's always a good thing.
I don't think I've mentioned anything about your art either, but the best way I can say it is
You're the man now dog!

@Leif
Thanks. You're being way too kind.

keldath said:
ok, make the 5uu for arma,

i havnt decided if ill use youe nations or sevo's, or maybe merge some....

im inclined to use yours - because i love your work and this is how it should be merged - but it means more work for me....
(lazy me)
We both need new hobbies, it's starting to seem like work. :lol:

Amra said:
...I've already got the Croatia civ files but if you want to PM me the building xml files, it would be appreciated. Thanks...

Hello Amra:

I have completed the package to be sent to you. Only problem is that I can't seem to PM them- to upload the respective files. I'm inclined to do them here...but will wait for your instructions.

The total size is 1.08 MB- about 879 kb are text files. I have cut and paste the additional XML building tags.

...standing by...:crazyeye:

@Amazing Game

You have to zip the files then upload them to Civfanatics ("Quick Links" then "Upload File")

After that, just include the link address in the PM to me. If that still does not work then PM me & I will give you a regular email address to use.

yeah arma -

but...after warlords vertion i order us to a month with no modding!

**edit**

so amra....

now that theres a warlord dale mod....how about if youll use it? needless to say how it improves the game....

perhaps you can make it as an addon for you mod - to who ever wish to use it?

Amra said:
@Amazing Game

You have to zip the files then upload them to Civfanatics ("Quick Links" then "Upload File")

After that, just include the link address in the PM to me. If that still does not work then PM me & I will give you a regular email address to use.

Let me know if I messed up on the link and post.

Take care AMRA

Keep up the great work :goodjob:

Top Bottom