Amra's ALH Modpack for v1.61 (using Animated Leaderheads)

Hi there, is there a way to use your great units without using the mod? I mean how can I istall these units without using the Mod?
thnks

alemaomalte said:
Hi there, is there a way to use your great units without using the mod? I mean how can I istall these units without using the Mod?
thnks

Doubt you see Amra much (football season as somebody else posted)...and with his Warlords Mod I am not sure how much support this will get. He does fantastic work, which is why we used the Warlords Modpack as the basis for ViSa :D

You would have to mod what you wanted of his mod into something custom you would make for yourself...possible with enough work :)

Hello, downloaded this mod, it seems great. Played multiplayer with LAN. Got to around 500 AD and the game crashes. Any one got any ideas or fixes?

same happens here :mad:
Twas a good game, too.
I haven't played with this modpack since Warlords came out. However, there was an error discovered in my Warlords modpack that I think was carried over from this version involving the Mongol Keshik unit. Out of curiosity, did your game involve the Mongols?

In the "CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml" file I had reclassified the Keshik as a Knight but in the "CIV4UnitInfos.xml" file, the Keshik was still classified as a Horse Archer. Warlords didn't like that. It could have caused a CTD in Vanilla civ4 also that would only happen when the Mongols were involved. Therefore, not everyone would get a CTD every game.

To try and fix this, first check to see what version of my modpack you have. Simply view the "Version History.txt" file located in the modpack's main folder. The first line of the history should read "** Version 1.80a Resource Patch (Includes "patch a" plus extra resources & buildings) **"

IF you have patched this modpack with the "Extra Resouce Patch" for version 1.80 then copy the attached CIV4UnitInfos.xml file into the "Amra's ALH Modpack v180\Assets\XML\Units" folder. It will overwrite the file in there so please BACKUP the existing CIV4UnitInfos.xml file first in case you want to reverse the change and try something else. Maybe just rename it from *.xml to *.xml_backup, that's usually what I do.

I hope this fixes things.

Attachments

• v180_CIV4UnitInfos.zip
    34.5 KB · Views: 143
It DID involve the mongols! Now I hate them even more. :lol:

I'll try your advice and repost shortly...

That fixed it. Thanks alot for the help, and for making such a cool mod. :goodjob:
Good, I'm glad it worked. Sorry about the oversight and... You're welcome. :D

I installed it into the Mods folder and then I opened the game, clicked advanced and started the game. None of the new civilizations apeared with their animated heads of the leaders. How do I get this to work so I can enjoy all of the mod. It seems to me now that, even though I open the mod from the advanced options and Civilization restarts, nothing happens. It says that the mod has started but it feels like nothing has changed.

All help would be appreciated

MusicalRabbi2k

Is anybody watching this thread? I seem to be having a problem with this mod and it's wierd that nobody has responded to my post in the last couple of days. I also emailed a private Message to Amra who is supposed to be the moderator of this thread and she hasn't responded or even checked to see if she's got a new message.

All help resolving this problem will be greatly appreciated!!!!

MusicalRabbi2k

the links at the top of this thread don't work. Is there somewhere where I could Download this mod

MusicalRabbi2k
Sorry, it's probably been a while since anyone downloaded it so the two websites deleted the file.

This modpack is not compatible with the current version of Vanilla Civ4 (v1.74?) and I don't have any plans right now to update it for Vanilla Civ4 since I am spending all my Civ4 modding time on a BtS version.

If you still want it, though, let me know and I will look on my computer for a copy of it and then re-upload it somewhere else.

yes I would appreciate it. I'm also interested in the Mod that you're working on for Beyond the Sword. Is it going to be a similar mod or something completely different?

Here is the download link for version 1.80a: http://www.atomicgamer.com/file.php?id=67395

I changed the info in the first post also.

Now, as far as the BtS verson goes, I want it to be similar to the Warlords version of my modpack found HERE. Things have been going very slowly (due to real life, winter sickness, helping CIV Gold, etc), however, and I am only just finishing up a "Basic" version of my modpack which just includes 44 new civs (plus the 34 Firaxis civs for a total of 78 civs & 120 leaders), Varietas Delectat and the BUG mod. As you can tell from the previews in my signature, I still have a few LH's to do and then some more thorough testing, in particular of the Varietas Delectat units.

After I post the Basic version, then I will begin adding all the extras that are found in my Warlords modpack such as the new religions, resources, buildings, wonders, 2nd UU for all civs, mod components, (minor) game tweaks, etc, etc, etc.

Some of the mod components may not work with BtS, I won't know until I start playing with the BtS Python & SDK so, obviously, what's included & what's not may change.

New version released? Or just the old again?
No, just the old version re-uploaded per request. The old download links weren't working.

New version is probably about 2 weeks away yet.

Any chance you'll release just the civs without any mod?
At some point in the future, for BtS, yeah. Is there one civ in particular that you are interested in?

Top Bottom