1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Amra's ALH Modpack for v1.61 (using Animated Leaderheads)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Amra, Apr 4, 2006.

1. Drtad

Drtad It Stinks!!!

Amra, I am nearing completion of my Armenian Empire mod
    (Leader: Vartan Mamikonian UU: Armenian Legionnary) and I would love to see it in your mod, but you would have to reskin a 3d leaderhead yourself, I am useless at that kind of stuff.

2. Amazing Game

Amazing Game Chieftain

Greetings and Salutations Amra:

To this end, could you pretty please have the CROATIAN civ done by Anima Croatorum in your Modpack for Warlords. For whatever its worth, Civ Gold has it in theirs.

Keep up da great work.:goodjob:

3. Los Tirano

Los Tirano God-King

Cmon, Amra cant put every civ that has been created into his modpack. Why dont you justify and explain why Croatia should be in?

4. Amazing Game

Amazing Game Chieftain

First of all: Read the quote:

Originally Posted by Amra
    ...I welcome any suggestions regarding an existing civ mod anyone would like to see added or a civ that has not been done and you would like me to attempt. I will still be trying to only reskin each 3D LH only once, so I may or may not be able to do some of the suggestions depending on similarities to an available 3d model.

When Amra says: "...civ that has not been done ...", I'm thinking like, Warlords Civ addition...Ka pesh ???

Second of all: Since when did YOU become the spokeman for Amra's Office- Answer this question DIRECTLY, you got my respect.

In the absence of a positive response, DO DA MATH.

Sounds like your losing too many games.

Anyways, I have already redone some of his pre- Warlords civs on my own, making them warlords compatible, including the Croatian Civ for warlords. I don't need the original request to HIM for my sake, I'm just thinking what an AMAZING GAME this is... and just havnig fun.

Try to have some fun...... I got to get back to my game with Croatia defending itself from the Turks just like years ago...like I said, Try to have some fun......

Oh and when I say DIRECTLY, I mean the date and time of your annonced spokemanship award for Amra's office.

Cheers Buddy :)

5. Los Tirano

Los Tirano God-King

:lol: Wow, you seem really angry. Your using caps lock and everything. Wonder why that is? I am certainly not the official spokesperson, just a humble gamer like yourself. By the way, it looks like you didnt answer my question. I am allowed to ask questions right? Thank you. I dont think anyone needs to be the official spokesperson to do that.

Now why should Croatia be in? Its not my decision, not at all. Im just asking you. I have looked at the Croatian mod.

EDIT: dont worry about it. It'll just start an argument.

6. Amra

Amra the Lion

Thanks for the suggestions guys ( let's keep it civil :D ).

I did ask for suggestions and I will gladly take a look at Croatia & Armenia (when it is posted). I actually did the LH for Tomislav in Civ Gold so I am already familiar with the Croatia civ a little.

If I recall, the Croatia civ has more than one leader in it so I will take a look at the other leaders also.

7. Drtad

Drtad It Stinks!!!

Thank you very much Amra. Armenia should be posted later today. Hopefully.

8. Amazing Game

Amazing Game Chieftain

@ Amra: Thanks for intervening...was beginning to feel like I'm playing hockey, wondering why the slashing.

@ Los Triano:

You called me to the stand. I rebutted. Decision was rendered and gratefully,the jury has left da building... Case is now closed.

OK, in case you need a translation: Adding more civs, makes more fun. Yes, obviously from recent Posts here and @ Anima Croatorum, you will surmise that I'm Croatian. Proud of that too. BUT, my focus and attention here at Civ Fanatics is Sid Meirers "AMAZING GAME", and not politics. My favourite civ has always been HYBORIA from Amra- not because of politics.

In case you didn't know, Croatia is a civilization- not a big one...but its there.

As soon as one places demands, in the absence of qualifying your question (and that's what you did- and continue to do) then, I believe, in this forum- of "having fun"- the line is crossed. You started this, and hope it has been ended.

I have much better things to do than to engage in some political debate. If you had a question from your original post, one doesn't start with: "C'mon". You took an aggressive stance- and I put you in your place: U were DA AGGRESSOR. It sometime works in civ, but not in life...(peacefully anyways):)

...water under da bridge...move on....

@ Amra:

Whoooo... sorry about that Big Guy !

Had to get it off my chest. Just trying to have fun with Sid Meirer's AMAZING GAME...

Anyways, as I have alluded, I have successfully integrated Croatia Civ into Warlords. I didn't know that you did the LH. WOW amazing job. In the version I made for myself, I cut and paste the Theosodian Walls as an unique building, ONLY because I have never edited 3D graphics before. I have asked the community at Anima Croatorum for an open discussion on what might be a more preferred unique building.

I plan to post the Warlords verion of Croatia as more recently put out by Civ Gold Team and yourself. Vacation over for me, so I hope to complete the post in the same fashion as you did Byzantium for WL.

To this end, I am not 100 % certain of etiquette. I haven't uploaded yet and really need to know am I missing anything ie. stepping on anyone's toes, since all I did was cut and paste, cut and paste cut and paste.

Should I just pm you the completed files as updating a civ can take about 30 minutes- and that's 30 minutes of your time not needed to do croatia civ.

Sorry for headache you have reading this long winded post.

As always: Keep up the great work !!!:goodjob:

9. Drtad

Drtad It Stinks!!!

10. Hadrean

Hadrean Hi, how are you?

Hey Amra, this has nothing to do with your mod but about leaderheads instead. Is it possible to get Napoleon's head on Roosevelt's Body? It could make a few good leaders. If it is possible and you can do it, can you pleassse?:)

11. Amra

Amra the Lion

I actually have tried to use parts (not necessarily the heads) from one 3D model on another but when I try to save the new 3D model I get a crash. So, I'm not saying it can't be done but rather that I haven't been able to figure it out.

12. Drtad

Drtad It Stinks!!!

Amra. There is only one thing I need help with for my mod, so that it can be complete and you can look at it... How do you add custom music in Warlords? I also posted the question in the main forum once, but did not get an answer that worked for Warlords, so I opened another thread a few minutes ago. Please help Amra!

13. Amra

Amra the Lion

@DrTad
    I'll try to type something up or find a tutorial here somewhere and then PM you.

14. Drtad

Drtad It Stinks!!!

Thank you very much Amra.

15. Drtad

Drtad It Stinks!!!

I look at Wyz_sub10's Canada mod and I painstakingly figured out how to add music. Now my mod is complete.:)

16. Amra

Amra the Lion

I'm glad you got it working the way you wanted. I'll download & take a look at it this week.

17. Drtad

Drtad It Stinks!!!

I cannot wait to see what an animated Vartan or Tigranes would look like.

18. keldath

keldath LivE LonG AnD PrOsPeR

hey arma -whts up ?

do you think you can add to your mod dales combat mod?

19. hanibalthe hun

hanibalthe hun Chieftain

every time i load the mod it crashs can you hhelp:confused:

20. Amra

Amra the Lion

I don't know what that one is. I will have to take a look at it.

Are you by any chance trying to use my mod with Warlords? If so, that would be the problem as it is not compatible with Warlords yet.