1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Amra's ALH Modpack for v1.61 (using Animated Leaderheads)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Amra, Apr 4, 2006.

1. Wyz_sub10

Wyz_sub10 CIV Gold - Project Lead

Amra, I've been using 3DDownloads and have been extremely happy with their service and their personal support.

Just an option, FYI.

2. Amra

Amra the Lion

Yeah, I actually use both but tried to upload to FileFront first as I got a free membership there (lotta good that does!) and the file is available immediately after uploading. 3DDownloads makes me wait a while.

Anyway, I'm uploading it to 3D Downloads right now but don't expect to get a download link until later today after I get home from work. :(

3. Supreme Shogun

Supreme Shogun Warlord

Are we there yet, Papa Smurf ?

4. Amra

Amra the Lion

Here's the link for the Warlords version:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=4467825#post4467825

Couple notes:

@DrTad & Amazing Game
    I'm really sorry but I just ran out of time to include Armenia & Croatia in this post. If I didn't post a new version today then it would probably be another 2 or 3 weeks before I could get the civs added. Please believe me that they are tops on my list for the next version or patch. Again, I'm sorry that I couldn't squeeze them in.

@Everyone else
    The initial Warlords version has most of everything in it that v1.80 had EXCEPT Sevopedia & the enhanced advisors. I don't know python and they have not been updated to Warlords yet. Also, I tried to add the PlotList Enhancements mod but, again, got some python errors when testing so it is out for now. At least until the bugs have been fixed.

5. Drtad

Drtad It Stinks!!!

That's alright Amra, about not getting to add Croatia or Armenia. I might do it myself and then send it to you, but I can make no promises, my school started yesterday.:sad:

6. Drtad

Drtad It Stinks!!!

I decided that I will combine Armenia and Croatia for you Amra. I will send you the updated art_defines leaderhead and civinfos and leaderheadinfos and unitinfos in maybe a couple of days. The only thing you would have to do is add the animated leaderhead and second UU. And by the way, which leader are you planning for Croatia?

7. Amazing Game

Amazing Game Chieftain

@ AMRA, re: this updated WL mod....YES !!!!

I've just put the toddler to bed...the little guy's playing Civ 3...got my favorite beverage next to me...your mod in front of me...and all because of YOU...

To the naysayers ("moonlight preacher"): W H A T E V E R...

If you need my time to convert any pre-WL XML civ files while you concentrate on the more challenging and time consuming projects, just let me know (PM me).

Amra/Artists/python developers... thanks for this project...

Cheers fellow Civ Fanatics:)

8. agoodfella

agoodfella Prince

holy sh_t... this is going to be awesome...

MANY THANKS AMRA!!!!!!!!!!

9. Water2Funk

Water2Funk Chieftain

I need some help.
    I installed the modpack exactly as instructed (C:/Program Files/Firaxis Games/Civilization 4/Mods) but when I load it, it doesn't have any of the new civs, new units, or anything. Everything is as plain as the regular Civ 4 game. I even held down shift when restarting Civ 4 and it still isn't working. Am i doing something wrong?

10. Donkey Puncher

Donkey Puncher Prince

goto the advanced option in menu click it. and arma s mod should be on the list. advanced is where they put the mods menu

11. Amra

Amra the Lion

What he said. Thanks for the assist, Donkey Puncher.

12. Water2Funk

Water2Funk Chieftain

No, I mean I clicked on "Load a Mod" and Amra's Modpack, and it loaded, but it still plays like a normal civ game without any of the new stuff.

13. Enkidu_Warrior

Enkidu_Warrior Shaman

14. Darkkender

Darkkender Chieftain

I figured I would heads up the download links for the Patch "A"'s in the first post are getting a 404 error code on them. I'm kinda hoping to play the mod & would rather play with the patch and the updates therein.

15. Amra

Amra the Lion

Hmmm... I'm not sure what was up with that but they appear to be working fine for me right now. Hopefully, you tried again and were successful.

16. Darkkender

Darkkender Chieftain

Yeah they're working today. I tried about 3 seperate times before posting yesterday with the same results. Likely it was the file's server that was down for some sort of updates. I just figured to bring it to your attention after the 3rd time in case you weren't aware of it.

17. James009

James009 Warlord

CTD Problems!

I love this mod but I keep crashing in the Medieval Age. I've attached my savegame to see if it can help to diagnose the problem.

Its seems I'm not alone in my perile as Darkkender join the quest for the fix for the CTD!

Please help!

Also, does this mod support multiplayer??

Thanks!​

18. Darkkender

Darkkender Chieftain

I was just going to post a CTD problem myself. I think it might be in the Medieval Age as well. I can post my save later as I forgot to put it on my JumpDrive when I went to work.

When I post the save without fail it will crash 1 full turn following the save.

Sorry for the delay here is the save.

ALH-Darkkender-Save

19. Euclidius

Euclidius Chieftain

Another super piece of work !!! Thanks for sharing !!!

I can't seem to find your alpha-channel fix for the white flags download. Has it been removed ? It worked gr8 and i used it often but i had to reformat and now i can't find it.

20. norse

norse Chieftain

Greetings.

I am running the most recent version of the mod and I get a seemingly random "hissing" sound. It is almost like a mic hissing. It is much louder than the what I have the other sounds set to. It is easily one of the most annoying sounds I have ever heard.

Is this a know issue?

For the record, I love the mod and I appreciate all of your hard work!

Thanks.