An archive of the legendary games

Tomoyo

Fate
I think we should have one, so people can quickly access some of the greatest games ever. Everything is subjective, so please ask if you want something on the list.

Succession Games:

LotR10 - Scouting Sid The first ever recorded Sid victory, led by team leader Arathorn. Participants: Arathorn, Skyfish, Reagan, Gothmog, Bam-Bam, Speaker.

AG3 - Ultra Big Map The longest game, ever, I think, led by team leader Aggie. Participants: Aggie, Melifluous, Rubberjello, CarlosMM, Microbe, Greebly, Mad-bax.

DI1 - 3CC AW Probably one of the most remarkable games ever, led mostly by team leader Melifluous. Participants: DisruptiveIdiot, Melifluous, Andrvuss, Sir Bugsy, Gengis Khan, gormdragan.

RBE2 - Small Deity space race game Epic Ancient game, led by team leader Sirian. Participants: T-Hawk, Zed-F, Architect, smegged, Sirian.

RBE6 - The Naked Vikings No civ traits, no UU, Deity. Led by team leader Sulla. Participants: Sulla, Reagan, T-Hawk, JMB, JaxomCA.

RBE4 - Beyond Deity Can the civ dream team defeat this then unheard-of level? Sponsored by Sirian. Participants: Urugharahk, T-Hawk, Sulla, JMB. Advisors: Bamspeedy, SirPleb.

Finally Ready For Regent Can Charis and Sirian win on the unexplored level of REGENT??? :eek:

AG1 - I Dream of Dromons After their game plan is wrecked by a wonder cascade, how will the players recover? Led by team leader Aggie. Participants: Greebly, Aggie, Jack Merchant, Grimjack, CarlosMM, Stuck_as_a_Mac, Nad.

Isabella and the Chamber of Secrets I must get to reading this. Led by team leader Nad. Participants: Nad, Stuck_as_a_Mac, Control Freak, Mad-bax, Aggie, Melifluous.

AG10 - OCC Conquest Emperor Trapped between an X and a pointy thing, can team leader Aggie and his teammates pull off a victory? Participants: Aggie, Microbe, homeyg, Greebly, 6thgentexan.

Random Deity Troublemaking Nad the troublemaker is back! And this time it's all random, taking the first start they got, no matter how ugly. Participants: Nad, bed_head7, Sir Bugsy, Renata, Microbe, el_filet.

Sid Vicious and the Magnificent 7+1 This game is absolutely great. This is the only game not played by myself that I have actually thought about while not on the computer. Eight Sid virgins, including the legendary Sirian, take on Sid and must muster a great comeback against the mother of all runaway AIs. Participants: Sirian, dmanahko, Doc Tsiolkovski, grahamiam, gozpel, Sir Bugsy, DJM Gator, and Bede. Map provided by scoutsout.

Goz7 - The Squeeze Rematch Gozpel tries again on Deity with the crazy variant of only founding cities in your own cultural borders. Players: gozpel, Greebley, Sir Bugsy, LKendter, bed_head, Kaiser Berger.

LK76 - AWE Pangaea No Armies, Random Civ Without a tailor-made AW civ, armies, and thus pillaging, this game went into extra time (That's the IA ;)) and wasn't decided until the last turn. (Of course, if I say that, you obviously are gonna know the result. :rolleyes:

Defiant Nationalists of China A brillant game with recovering from a few lost cities and lots of unwanted wars, with a fierce patriotic attitude! Players: Cartouche Bee, Reagan, ToddMarshall, Meldor, Ridgelake, Charis.

Dutch Destruction War, peace, war, peace, kill. I read this once, but I've forgotten a bit. Anyway... Players: andvruss, Cuivienen, AndrewN, Corrado, Skunk, Rik Meleet.

LotR2 - Zealous Zulus The original Always War game. This game may quite possibly been the reason Scientific Great Leaders were added into C3C. Players: Arathorn, Sirian (Arathorn and Sirian :eek:), Jester, cpp1, Toecheese3.

MM2 - AWM OCC The Agressive Athenians seek to conquer the world with no letting up (or more than one city). Players: Aggie, Akots, bed_head7, Greebly, Mark1031.

MM4 - 6CC Sid The variant speaks for itself. Players: Mark1031, bed_head7, Aggie, MeteorPunch, dl123654, Percy.

MM5 - AWE OCC This enters into the realm of stupid stuff. Stupid as in amazing. Amazing. Just so. Players: Mark1031, bed_head7, Akots, LKendter, Romeothemonk.

RBC15I - Napoleonic Europe - Sweden (DG) You that tiny little nation in the corner? You know that French city called Paris? Yeah. Players: DocTsiolkovski, Grimjack, grs.

Solo Games:

Beyond Sid Can Bamspeedy the great defeat the AI with a 10 build rate?

Sid Always War Arathorn tries arguably the hardest variant on Sid.

Charistales1 - 5CCC Deity Can Charis Braveheart conquer the world with just five cities - on Deity? Exellent storytelling.

Charistales2 - No military (Emperor) Can Chariskudea survive without a single soldier on Emperor?

Always War Deity (Rome) Zwingli tries a DAW!

It's a cold, cold, world Aeson gets an ice-cold start on an Island on Deity! See how he fares...

OCC AW - Beserk Byzantines OCC and AW? :eek: No comment.

Theodora's AWS Adventure Can the lovely Theodora :)love:) defeat the brutish world? (Also filled with corny but funny jokes ;))

Zerksees' second great comback - If you've seen first one...

Now THIS is a bad start! Rome + Deity + Bad start + tR1cKy = this.

Kronic's Sid without military Well, the title says it all.

Hall of Fame games:

Sirpleb's Sid attempt

Moonsinger tries for Sid 80K

Sirpleb's PTW Deity Remote Palace Exploit game

First GOTM spotlight (Charis)

Sirpleb's GOTM18 spolighted

Happy? Anyone who has a problem with it, please say so, unless your name is Yuri.

I am fully aware of that, but I don't regard it as a classic; I think of it as a textbook. A classic is a game that should be enjoyable to read, unlike that marathon of a Sg... :ack:

Besides, there are enough links to it around. :)

What about Demogame I? ;)

Does it have its own thread about it, or is it just a bunch of separate threads? These are mainly for reading pleasures.

I must admit, I have never finished reading I dream of Dromons...

I'll add them.

THANKYOU! Tomoyo, never really looked into this, but reading through some is great. interesting + full of tips

I Dream of Dromons was a come from behind Domination win at Diety using primarily naval power. One of the most impressive SGs I've ever read.

It's already up there. I tried not to spoil the ending... ;)

Nice list! I will read all of them one day :) Just finished reading "Scouting Sid" today, 1 year after it was started :crazyeye:

You forgot to put Speaker in the team for "Scouting Sid" ;)

You learn a lot from reading these games, and they are all fun to read too! :D

By the way, I will not include any GOTM spotlights because of the following:

1) They might die any time.
2) They are usually just a short summary.
3) I'm not a big fan of trying to optimise score. :p

Oh the other hand, I'll include them because there are no links to them anywhere. :p

Aesons Its a cold cold world was an inspirational game for me. It can be found er elsewhere.

Just a thought . . . is it possible to stick this thread so it will always remain on the first page?

Excellent idea Tomoyo :)

Well the stickies are always on top so if someone asks the admins reeeal nicely.....

Or we could just keep posting ever day :)

Good idea btw. Keep me occupied for weeks.

Top Bottom