An idea that can still be implemented

Silverman6083

History-Lover
Alot of the ideas I've seen here are awesome, but too radical to be implemented at this point(I think :mischief:). But heres one I think can still make it.
If city-states, or a form of city-states like natives or maybe split-off factions, are in the game, I think that you should be able to do more than just "ally" them. You should be able to expand their infrastructure, buy buildings in their city, fund their troops, provide them research, help the bureaucracy(tile acquisition), etc. In return for all this, they may permanently help you, or give you much larger rewards, or perhaps help you in your victory condition. I think that this would make them act more like a faction that happens to only have one city. Any thoughts? This is all assuming that city-states or a form of it is even in the game though...

I wouldn't call CiV ******ed. But yeah, I do see no point in city-states. I mean, they could be good for bonuses, but otherwise they're pretty much useless. But there's always a chance that Firaxis might throw something unexpected in.

I like city states, but it's just the same issue as 1-UPT, the AI is terrible at dealing with them. They do an awful job at competing for their favors and prefer to hoard their gold for some reason.

Any colony is a major undertaking. I could see this working if there were native alien civilizations, but there aren't.

This.

I look forward to the city states filled with blue cat people and big trees on top of unobtanium reserves.

City-states were a sorry sight that ruined already <snip> CivV. Do not make them ruin CBE as well.

I hope moderators can see through your thinly veiled attacks on Civ 5 dressed up as Civ BE discussion and put a stop to it. Go post in the Civ 5 forums about Civ 5.

Moderator Action: Quoted inappropriate language removed. Please remember that you're responsible for everything in your post, including any inappropriate language that you choose to quote.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

My feeling is we won't have city states in this game, which I am personally thankful for. I think the wild creatures, aka barbs, will play the closest role to city states...if a comparison could possibly be made. I know you will be able to manipulate them, making them more or less aggressive, but even then I think they will be more like barbs the than a city state element.

Top Bottom