Ancient European Spearmen

Err no maybe I was not clear, I apologize. I meant - I have already skinned it and have the .dds files etc, but I do not know what to actually include in the art folder and how to define it in the ArtDefinesunit XML file. Thanks for your help, in advance.
I'm going to assume you know how to add custom units in XML. If not, there's plenty of tutorials available on this forum.

I'll pretend you're reskinning the Modern Warlord/General. There's only one DDS file you need to alter... the "Modern_Warlord128.DDS". After you've altered it, it would keep the same name ("Modern_Warlord128.DDS"). Simply include the new/altered DDS file in your custom assets or mod folder (along with the other NIF/KFM files) and referance the same NIF in your XML as you would normally. Changing the DDS file doesn't change the XML requirements at all from the default model (just make sure the DDS has the same name as the file it replaces).

Err no maybe I was not clear, I apologize. I meant - I have already skinned it and have the .dds files etc, but I do not know what to actually include in the art folder and how to define it in the ArtDefinesunit XML file. Thanks for your help, in advance.

This:

Code:
    <UnitArtInfo>
            <Type>ART_DEF_UNIT_PAPAL_PIKEMAN</Type>
            <Button>,Art/Interface/Buttons/Units/Worker.dds,Art/Interface/Buttons/Charlemagne_Atlas.dds,7,1</Button>
            <fScale>0.44</fScale>
            <fInterfaceScale>1.0</fInterfaceScale>
            <bActAsLand>0</bActAsLand>
            <bActAsAir>0</bActAsAir>
            <NIF>Art/Units/Charlemagne_PapalSpearman/PapalSpearman.nif</NIF>
            <KFM>Art/Units/Charlemagne_PapalSpearman/PapalSpearman.kfm</KFM>
            <SHADERNIF>Art/Units/Charlemagne_PapalSpearman/PapalSpearman_FX.nif</SHADERNIF>
            <ShadowDef>
                <ShadowNIF>Art/Units/01_UnitShadows/UnitShadow.nif</ShadowNIF>
                <ShadowAttachNode>BIP Pelvis</ShadowAttachNode>
                <fShadowScale>1.0</fShadowScale>
            </ShadowDef>
            <fBattleDistance>0.35</fBattleDistance>
            <fRangedDeathTime>0.31</fRangedDeathTime>
            <bActAsRanged>0</bActAsRanged>
            <TrainSound>AS2D_UNIT_BUILD_UNIT</TrainSound>
            <AudioRunSounds>
                <AudioRunTypeLoop/>
                <AudioRunTypeEnd/>
            </AudioRunSounds>
        </UnitArtInfo>

..Only you will have to change the paths. The art files needed are the ones already in the folder, plus overwrite those with your new ones. Hope this helps. :p

This:

Code:
    <UnitArtInfo>
            <Type>ART_DEF_UNIT_PAPAL_PIKEMAN</Type>
            <Button>,Art/Interface/Buttons/Units/Worker.dds,Art/Interface/Buttons/Charlemagne_Atlas.dds,7,1</Button>
            <fScale>0.44</fScale>
            <fInterfaceScale>1.0</fInterfaceScale>
            <bActAsLand>0</bActAsLand>
            <bActAsAir>0</bActAsAir>
            <NIF>Art/Units/Charlemagne_PapalSpearman/PapalSpearman.nif</NIF>
            <KFM>Art/Units/Charlemagne_PapalSpearman/PapalSpearman.kfm</KFM>
            <SHADERNIF>Art/Units/Charlemagne_PapalSpearman/PapalSpearman_FX.nif</SHADERNIF>
            <ShadowDef>
                <ShadowNIF>Art/Units/01_UnitShadows/UnitShadow.nif</ShadowNIF>
                <ShadowAttachNode>BIP Pelvis</ShadowAttachNode>
                <fShadowScale>1.0</fShadowScale>
            </ShadowDef>
            <fBattleDistance>0.35</fBattleDistance>
            <fRangedDeathTime>0.31</fRangedDeathTime>
            <bActAsRanged>0</bActAsRanged>
            <TrainSound>AS2D_UNIT_BUILD_UNIT</TrainSound>
            <AudioRunSounds>
                <AudioRunTypeLoop/>
                <AudioRunTypeEnd/>
            </AudioRunSounds>
        </UnitArtInfo>

..Only you will have to change the paths. The art files needed are the ones already in the folder, plus overwrite those with your new ones. Hope this helps. :p
YES! thank you, this is what I meant

so to clarify - replace the .dds files in the paths and the .nif but leave the KFM/Shader as papal pikeman?

YES! thank you, this is what I meant

so to clarify - replace the .dds files in the paths and the .nif but leave the KFM/Shader as papal pikeman?

Yep. :goodjob: Except for the shader part, you change that to the same as what you change the regular nif path to.

Chuggi would it be to much truble for you to reupload so the link for the unit works again or to fix whats wrong.. i would like to use your celtic spearman as it is one of the few civs that i havent reskined in my mod course i cant find the units...

Just tried it, worked great - thanks :goodjob:

Cool. :goodjob:

Chuggi would it be to much truble for you to reupload so the link for the unit works again or to fix whats wrong.. i would like to use your celtic spearman as it is one of the few civs that i havent reskined in my mod course i cant find the units...

The reason the download doesn't work is because the files were deleted by some guy that hacked into the CFC database and deleted everything (I'm guessing that's what it is, I had to reupload a few of my other files at filefront).

They look a little different now - less war paint, and different colours - but I'm still not entirely happy with them. The new Celtic Spearmen are attached to this post. If you want the original texture you might have to download CDM or VD because I don't have it on my hard drive anymore.

Attachments

• Celtic.zip
    408.5 KB · Views: 144
Alright so I'm skinning the model, yet I am having trouble with the alpha and getting team colors to show up. How should I create the alpha channel for the team color area?

After that I think i'll be set

With a normal unit you just apply black to the (white) alpha channel on the texture, although seen as these units don't use team colour I probably didn't bother setting it up in scene viewer, in which case the alpha channel is used for opacity. :confused: Is team colour necessary?

hey chuggi. could you please re-upload the spearmen, seems they got lost. i missed downloading them earlier. thanks

Top Bottom