Ancient European Spearmen

Having the arms in two colors as in Wolfshanze's pic, preferrably in teamcolor would be great, other than that it is a nice unit as it is. But since you intend to use it for several civs, please consider using teamcolor ;)

Skinnier, more man-like and duller brown colour?
Chuggi... I was joking about the outfit and beard... just trying to come up with something since you wanted some feedback...

But seriously...

I agree with the others... if this is going to be a Multi-Civ Explorer replacement, he simply MUST have team colors...

Might I suggest a few of options to play with and see which is best:

1) Make the cape team color
2) Make the lower arms and lower legs (currently black?) team color
3) Combine 1 & 2 above for team color

Maybe play around with those and see which looks best, but if it's a multi-civ explorer, it definately needs team color.

Other then the team color issue, I really dig this unit.

Are we talking hypothetical here? There's no download yet:rolleyes:
Yeah... Chuggy is good at teasing all of us then making us wait a long time for the actual download! :crazyeye:

Sorry I haven't replied here for a while (I think I must have accidentally "un-subscribed" the thread, or somehow just missed those replies :cringe:). Anyways, lucky I go and check my old threads. :lol:

I'll see about making the cape, or the lower arms team colour. It will be released in CD along with the other explorers. :D

Also, those spearmen have a lot of downloads for one month! :eek: More than most of my other units I've released. Odd. :lol:

@ OP

Wow, very cool!

After I saw your teaser of Cultural diversity, I was amazed. If you don't mind me asking, how close are you to completing it?

I just stumbled across this:

This is a unit from zulu9812's latest unit request thread. Since the Celts already have the Gallic Swordsman, I don't know how this can be used. But, maybe someone will find it useful. :)

Download.

It would appear that me and utahjazz7 based our Celtic warriors of the same source pic. :p

I really have to stay out of the Civ III forums. :lol:

I just stumbled across this:

It would appear that me and utahjazz7 based our Celtic warriors of the same source pic. :p

I really have to stay out of the Civ III forums. :lol:
Edit: The download is non-functional at the moment

This the perfect base for an Assyrian lancer I need (If you are bored you can put a beard on it too that would be great :p)
Spoiler :

Edit: The download is non-functional at the moment
Just download the Cultural Diversity mod... the whole thing (and a lot more) is there.

Just checked it out, and now I wonder why anyone would want to make it themselves anymore ;) thanks
Because a lot of unit types have three or four or more different options for each individual unit... and different people may want different units for each of those types... so you'd still have to make your own.

There's multiple "Flavor" mods out there... and no two are alike, yet almost all of them do a very thorough job of making each nation look unique.

another relatively quick question (pardon my "nub-ness" in regards to modding) How would i go about implementing a re-skinned version of a unit like this - seeing as it only has the .nif, what else do I need to include because what i've tried does not work

another relatively quick question (pardon my "nub-ness" in regards to modding) How would i go about implementing a re-skinned version of a unit like this - seeing as it only has the .nif, what else do I need to include because what i've tried does not work
If all you want to do is reskin the unit and nothing more (not change any of the model's shapes/sizes), then you'll need to convert any of the DDS files to PNG format, alter/repaint them in a paint program, then convert them back-again to DDS...

Or, if you have a paint program that supports the DDS format, you can skip the conversion process and directly alter the DDS itself.

You can find a DDS converter on a Google search pretty easily if you need one.

If all you want to do is reskin the unit and nothing more (not change any of the model's shapes/sizes), then you'll need to convert any of the DDS files to PNG format, alter/repaint them in a paint program, then convert them back-again to DDS...

Or, if you have a paint program that supports the DDS format, you can skip the conversion process and directly alter the DDS itself.

You can find a DDS converter on a Google search pretty easily if you need one.
Err no maybe I was not clear, I apologize. I meant - I have already skinned it and have the .dds files etc, but I do not know what to actually include in the art folder and how to define it in the ArtDefinesunit XML file. Thanks for your help, in advance.

Top Bottom