Animated Avatars

Originally posted by Ankka
Some forums allow avatars that big? :eek:

I don't think third one would be allowed but the second one appeared at Gamecatcher...

Some forums allow avatars that big? :eek:

I've been to little known forums in which there was no actual size restriction, there were some annoyingly large avatars.

How big is "annoyingly large"?

When they start to encrouch on the post area. Or if they are so tall so that someone would have to post a several paragraph post to take up all the empty space created by the avatar.

Originally posted by Dell19
mmm avators that fill the screen... it wouldn't be much of a forum.

Somehow I guessed that... luckily havent seen any...:) :ack:

I've mentioned this avatar before, but for those who haven't seen it yet, here it is. (Yes, I made it myself. A pity it doesn't fit my current avatar, though...)

Attachments

• battleship.gif
    battleship.gif
    1.9 KB · Views: 141
I believe Xen had this one for about an hour

Attachments

• newicon_nana.gif
    newicon_nana.gif
    844 bytes · Views: 103
Didn't someone have an avatar that blinked one eye once in awhile? I think it took a couple days until a mod noticed and made them get rid of it.

Animated Avatars would get very annoying very fast, all these things, moving and flashing at you, I'm glad we don't allow them. Avatars are kinda neat though . . . but not essential.

Now, if only we could get rid of animated smilies, or smilies in general . . .

Originally posted by RealGoober
Now, if only we could get rid of animated smilies, or smilies in general . . .

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! I don't want to lose animated smilies! :cry: :aargh: :nya: :vomit: :nono: :help: :mwaha: :rant:
:wallbash: :eek:

Well, for me, they usually aren't animated anyway, they always seem to stall, thankfully.

Riught now, I see 1/4 of the nasty, hisdeous, ugly smilies in your post that are supposed to be animated actually being animated . . . thankfully . . .

Top Bottom