Anno Domini Classic : the demo is here at last!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking further about the Nuclear Weapon method discussed above, I might simply make all 3rd & 4th era units require charcoal and I think that'll sort out the resource issue; I could save the nuke method for some elite fourth era units; perhaps some sort of training camp/special barracks? Or alternatively, give someone like the ancient med civs a chance to bring out a couple of bonus units, but they need to build the SW first? Just some thoughts...hopefully you'll have some ideas!!

How exactly would that work? I've not looked into it before, but it would be cool to have it so that from horsemanship onwards, all horse units can be built resource free - but require the blacksmith to have been built (who requires horses and iron to be built in the first place). I could then introduce charcoal in era three so that some of the load is put onto that resource.

So, do I simply make the blacksmith a SW, click on the "allows creation of nuclear weapons" flag and then ensure all my horse units have the "nuclear weapon" highlighted?
That's all there is to it!

Do they act exactly the same otherwise?
Yes, if they don't bombard, no if they do (because they turn into a nuke!)

Obviously, I could make it so that, for example, the Huns don't actually need to build this.
Of course :)

Thanks for the idea, it sounds really good :).
Anytime :)

I could save the nuke method for some elite fourth era units; perhaps some sort of training camp/special barracks? Or alternatively, give someone like the ancient med civs a chance to bring out a couple of bonus units, but they need to build the SW first? Just some thoughts...hopefully you'll have some ideas!!
I'm not really sure, TBH... Someone'll think of something, for sure!

I could save the nuke method for some elite fourth era units; perhaps some sort of training camp/special barracks? Or alternatively, give someone like the ancient med civs a chance to bring out a couple of bonus units, but they need to build the SW first? Just some thoughts...hopefully you'll have some ideas!!
If a GW can do what the "nuke" SW does, then [assumes dogsbody voice] I have a cunning plan:
Make a "Holy [Roman elided since we've got other civs] Empire" wonder that allows units no one else can build (they could be flavored I guess, if we need to show cultural variation).

If a GW can do what the "nuke" SW does, then [assumes dogsbody voice] I have a cunning plan:
Make a "Holy [Roman elided since we've got other civs] Empire" wonder that allows units no one else can build (they could be flavored I guess, if we need to show cultural variation).
That sounds great, but you can do that anyway by selecting who can build each unit..i.e. like the unique units.

That sounds great, but you can do that anyway by selecting who can build each unit..i.e. like the unique units.
I meant that anybody could build the "Holy Empire" wonder, but because it's a GW, no one else could. Then whichever civ built it, or gained control of it, would have access to elite units that no other civ could build. But maybe I'm just coming on to and working out ideas that those of you that have done a lot of mod work already understand how to implement.

If it's a great wonder, it would work like the Manhattan Project in the main game, meaning it allows creation of "Nuclear Weapon" flag units for all civs. :(

I've run into a minor problem; the number of units needing iron exceeds the number it can list, hence it comes up with a warning message.

I know you all are a couple of days past talking about this, but I couldn't resist asking about it, since I'm making a personal mod with lots of iron-age units. Are you talking about the Civilopedia not being able to list all units requiring iron, or something else? What is the total number of units that can require a single resource? Sorry about being off topic.

Someone need to host this game at filefront.com cause the download always fail 1/4 everytime I've try to download it, and flashget won't work right cause download accelerators are prohibited to use on that website.

Just as I expected when the OLD Anno Domini maod was taken off the DL.

This seam to have been buried or what.

Anyone know what status this mod has...
Soo much expected on it, but perhaps like many mod over long time. It has taken too much time on the great creator. Real life can always pop in and then it might be hard to resume...

Hopefully this one will be resumed soon enough.

Just as I expected when the OLD Anno Domini maod was taken off the DL.

This seam to have been buried or what.

Anyone know what status this mod has...
Soo much expected on it, but perhaps like many mod over long time. It has taken too much time on the great creator. Real life can always pop in and then it might be hard to resume...

Hopefully this one will be resumed soon enough.
Don't assume that just because I'm not posting in this thread that work isn't going on in it. I didn't resurrect the thread for two reasons; firstly, there was no need for further discussion/advice for the mod; secondly, I was happy with it buried, then people weren't hassling me to finish it before I was ready. It'll be ready soon; just don't ask me for a release date ;) .

Did you make it so that waging war in the Tool Age is damn near impossible? Because I've had about 40 units massacred by the Illyrians, and I haven't even managed to hinder their units.

Hurry up Rob, finish Anno Domini and release it :D :mischief:

I´m most pleased that the work goes on in secret.
I trust you will release it then in it´s own sweat time.
Getting knowledge that this will be so comforts me.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom