Anno Domini Rise of Cities edition

Anno Domini: Rise of Cities edition (latest version dated November 9th 2016) 27

Don't you think Iberia has... a lot of representation?

Well, 3 civs for one area, though.
I only said that because of the various civ suggestions.

Well, 3 civs for one area, though.
I only said that because of the various civ suggestions.

From all the places, you complain about Iberia? With a size of 581,471.1 km2, they have a representation of three civilizations. The much smaller Great Britain (229,848 km2) has nine. Not that I'm complaining about that, every place should be more like Great Britain. :lol:

Yes. Such as the Chinook. And Caral. America lacks representation.

I know domini.
Got it? :lol:

I thought you were joking before, Natan, especially as you've said you played the mod. The focus is on the ancient world, primarily the Ancient Med, with some extension into Africa and Asia. Definitely not America. Definitely not leaders who didn't exist until over a thousand years later.

Caral- is one of the most ancient civs. It deserves, at least honorary, spot.

Well, its your mod, but that's my opinion: ancient world includes all ancient civilizations.
(Just because they are an American civ, doesn't mean they can't have a place in mod mainly based on ancient Europe, but again, its your mod)

Well, its your mod, but that's my opinion: ancient world includes all ancient civilizations.
(Just because they are an American civ, doesn't mean they can't have a place in mod mainly based on ancient Europe, but again, its your mod)

This mod is solely about the Ancient Old World. All that is not Eurafrasia is irrelevant.

Can both Hannibal and Dido into here? Can Minduagas into here?

Well, will the slavs go on in?

Well, will the slavs go on in?

They could, but they're not doing. There's already 91 civs in version 10, so I'm not doing any more at the moment. I know the Slavs have been done as a civ, but I've reassigned every element of that civ to other parts of the mod. If you check the website, you'll be able to see who's in and who isn't (except at the moment a new five which will be announced later). This constant "Is x civ in?" "Y civ would be great for Anno Domini" etc is getting a little too much, so please just check the website for details and accept that no others are coming in at this point.

Whilst checking through the feedback, I came across this:

UU bireme can cross oceans, but upgrades to a unit which can't. This can be a bit annoying, especially as you can no longer build
biremes as they've just been obsoleted! Luckily a military city
state gifted me a curragh which I could then upgrade to a bireme.

It's a great point, though it's not possible to fix (without providing other UUs to Phoenicia). The units which can cross oceans early don't receive a promotion to make this happen; instead, they don't receive the promotion that makes oceans impassable. When they upgrade to the next ship up, there's no promotion to take forward to it, rather they then gain the "ocean impassable" promotion that automatically comes with the standard upgrade.

It's a great point, though it's not possible to fix (without providing other UUs to Phoenicia). The units which can cross oceans early don't receive a promotion to make this happen; instead, they don't receive the promotion that makes oceans impassable. When they upgrade to the next ship up, there's no promotion to take forward to it, rather they then gain the "ocean impassable" promotion that automatically comes with the standard upgrade.

This should work, but I have not tested it.

Code:
local promotionImpassableOcean = GameInfoTypes[""] --Change this to the promotion that make oceans impassable.
local promotionBireme = GameInfoTypes[""] -- Change this to a promotion applied only to the Bireme that has LostWithUpgrade = false.

function RemoveImpassibility(playerID, unitID, unitX, unitY)
	local player = Players[playerID]
	local unit = player:GetUnitByID(unitID)
	if unit:IsHasPromotion(promotionBireme) then
		if unit:IsHasPromotion(promotionImpassableOcean) then
			unit:SetHasPromotion(promotionImpassableOcean, false)
		end
	end
end
GameEvents.UnitSetXY.Add(RemoveImpassibility)

This should work, but I have not tested it.

Code:
local promotionImpassableOcean = GameInfoTypes[""] --Change this to the promotion that make oceans impassable.
local promotionBireme = GameInfoTypes[""] -- Change this to a promotion applied only to the Bireme that has LostWithUpgrade = false.

function RemoveImpassibility(playerID, unitID, unitX, unitY)
	local player = Players[playerID]
	local unit = player:GetUnitByID(unitID)
	if unit:IsHasPromotion(promotionBireme) then
		if unit:IsHasPromotion(promotionImpassableOcean) then
			unit:SetHasPromotion(promotionImpassableOcean, false)
		end
	end
end
GameEvents.UnitSetXY.Add(RemoveImpassibility)

I was secretly hoping someone would post that! I'll give it a whirl ;). Thank-you :thumbsup:!!

1. The Lusitani leader art is beautiful(really).
2. Thanks for limiting the limestone.
3. Can you add events that you can discover sources of resources (other then limestone) in?

Also, this mod has a very nice collection of leader heads. They have differing styles, as well, which is very nice to see. Took me time to realize that, despite my ramblings in the AD site.

Top Bottom