Anno Domini Rise of Cities edition

Anno Domini: Rise of Cities edition (latest version dated November 9th 2016) 27

Did the upgrade path for naval units get changed in one of the last versions? I have a Hemophilia, and the civilopedia says it becomes obsolete with Seafaring (which introduces the Galley). But I have no option to upgrade my Hemophilias, and civilopedia says the Caravel is what they upgrade to. Is all this correct/WAD? 20180204200700_1.jpg

Hello, I would like play this mod. But I tried everything and mod stop working and fall down on the start. I tried delete every others mods, I tried delete Civ5ModsDatabase, I tried stop Steam. But still a same situation. I can see mod, I can choose map, civilizations etc. But when I start game, game stopped working and must be ended.
Could someone advise/help me?
Thank you very much.

Alkin, there is a mod that people think is a DLC but it isn't - the EUI (enhanced user interface) which I believe is now part of Vox Populi. It's a great mod, but sadly causes this issue with Anno Domini if installed. I had that same issue once and thought that it could not be the problem as I'd disabled everything - but there it was. In fact, I didn't even realised that I'd downloaded it. You'll need to root it out and delete it; I can't remember exactly where it installs, but it might have been within the Civ V base files themselves.

Thank you for your help. But I did not find any mod or something. Can be it a file "Extend the application" (dll) or some maps from civfanatics? If this is DLL, can I delete all DLLs without problems? Will it working after delete dll? Sorry for my bad english ;-) but I play civ from year 1994 and I always most enjoyed part of the antiquity age.
One more, thank you.
A.

I absolutely don't know where is it or what is it. I tried delete each dll which I found, but nothing.
I'm disappointed.
I can't figure it out.

Rob, I load Civ5 to my computer again and now Anno Domini run. Excellent! But now I have new problem. Sometimes during playing the game fall down. What can I do with this?
And I think it is best scenario/mod that I played ;-) Thanx.

Hi Commander Why, I really don't know what's happening there. Mansa Musa isn't even in the mod, so I don't know where that's come from! Is it possible that you have the EUI, now part of Vox Populi, as that seems to cause issues with it. It's installed on your PC like DLC - though to be fair, I've not seen it do that.

I honestly don't know why it's doing that and hope another forum member could help. If you have your database log, that might help.

Thanks for your ancient world mod for Civ V.In this mod many units and techs are quite like those in Age of Empires 1 and Age of Empires 2 and we have great fan playing it. But still there are many units' names I can not undertand from the google translator. For example, the "Souq" and the "Hemiolia". Are these words coming from other language or ancient English? How can I find the exact meaning of these words which I can not get from the Google Translator? Thanks you!

Thanks for your ancient world mod for Civ V.In this mod many units and techs are quite like those in Age of Empires 1 and Age of Empires 2 and we have great fan playing it. But still there are many units' names I can not undertand from the google translator. For example, the "Souq" and the "Hemiolia". Are these words coming from other language or ancient English? How can I find the exact meaning of these words which I can not get from the Google Translator? Thanks you!

Neither are English words. A "Souq" is a marketplace in North Africa/Western Asia. Souq Wikipedia page.
The "Hemiolia" was a Greek warship. Hemiolia Wikipedia page.

Hi Rob!

I've downloaded v27 and am playing it - LOVE all the new features, it's like a new experience all over again.

However, I got stuck with a consistent CTD during the enemy turn at turn 132 (on Marathon - the world was between Anno Incepti and Anno Aeris), so I used IGE (Ingame Editor) to delete possible culprit civs from the game - and I found it! It happened during the Lusitani turn, and removing their cities from the game (therefore removing the player) fixed the CTD. I have ruled out production (no buildings were about to finish), so I believe it most likely to be an issue with a Lusitani-specific decision, should there be one available at that point in the game [Edit: There is not, at least not according to the XML file with the text, so it's gotta be something else, maybe not Lusitani-specific at all but rather a generic event/decision that could happen to any AI].

Unfortunately I haven't the slightest clue how to navigate the E&D part of the mod, so I have no idea where to even try to start fixing the problem.

Is there a chance you might look into this and maybe upload another hotfix if you find what's wrong?

For now I'll keep playing with one less enemy civ and see if I get stuck again later. Will let you know if any other such issues arise.

Cheers,
Unedjis

Edit: When playing as Lusitani, there are no issues. Might not be specific to that civ after all. Also, haven't had any more crashes since the report.

Last edited:
Hello, thanks a lot for this mod. Is there any way to use Civ IV diplomatic features mod with anno domini ? Vassalage is a really nice option in an ancient themed game. I can start a game with anno domini and C4DF but it crashes when I create my first city. With the steam version of anno domini and C4DF I can create my first city and the game doesn’t crash, but I’m not able to choose any building or unit to product.

Edit: WorldBuilder also crashes on start with only anno domini mods activated, is it normal?

Last edited:
@Alboruyn, sorry for the late response. I never was successful using Anno Domini with WorldBuilder and never got to the bottom of that. I tried to make the mod compatible with Civ IV diplomatic features, but the two mods were simply incompatible.

I have responded to Unedjis elsewhere, I'm not ignoring him!

Hello! Your mod is just amazing and it's something I've been looking for so long! But I also have one bug or something. When found a science which unlocks colonialists (a replacement for settlers), I can't produce colonialist nor settlers in any city. Other AI civs seems to have same problem, as they haven't been settling any new cities. I'm playing on Civ5 by the way.
(sorry for my english, it's not my native language :) if something is not clearly explained, I'll try my best to explain).
Cheers!

Top Bottom