1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Announcing BUFFY

Discussion in 'Civ4 - BTS Unaltered Gameplay (BUG, BAT and BULL)' started by ruff_hi, Jul 25, 2009.

1. Opera

Opera Chieftain

Excuse me but... I guess there is no vampire in this mod? :D
    Spoiler :
    Sorry for this. Really good job :goodjob:

2. dot

dot crossing the i's

OK, I have to admit that finally merging those mods puts those who worked on it in close proximity to my personal Gods!

:thanx:

3. Gr3yHound

Gr3yHound Mr.MapView

cool stuff

4. ecc

ecc Chieftain

Can't wait to use it! First I'd like to know how to merge with Better AI BTS. Does Dresden's guide still apply or is this not possible because BUFFY is already using it's own DLL? :confused:

For those that need a link to the original merging guide: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=296534

5. EmperorFool

EmperorFool Chieftain

BUFFY has its own DLL, and even if you could merge Better BTS AI with BUFFY's DLL, you wouldn't be able to submit GOTM or HOF games using it. Instead, grab BUG (we'll be doing a release for it very soon) and merge it using that article.

6. ruff_hi

ruff_hi Live 4ever! Or die trying

BUFFY requires v3.19 patch. The issue with the 'Lock Modified Assets' and the interface sounds like you have BUG installed under the customassets directory. At the moment, BUFFY and BUG (installed under customassets) don't play nice together. Rename your customassets folder or edit the BUFFY.ini file in the BUFFY mod directory to ignore customassets.

Code:
    ; Custom XML and Python from user folder are not loaded
    NoCustomAssets = 1

7. ruff_hi

Yes. The Global Warming mod was added as one of the HOF additions.

I'll let the HOF guys answer this question. In my opinion, the inclusion of such an awesome mod as BUG into HOF play will radically improve everyone's performance. However, my opinion may be slightly bias here :sad:

True, but we probably missed lots of items.

8. Grifftavian

Grifftavian Chieftain

Thanks, I'll do that when I upgrade. Trying to finish WOTM20 under 3.17.001 first.

9. Nials

Nials Chieftain

Terrific job! Looking forward to using the new BUG and BULL versions when they are released as standalone downloads.

10. JujuLautre

JujuLautre Chieftain

BTS Unaltered Fun For You ?

-- I'm actually hesitating between Unaltered/Unlimited, and Fun/Fame; which still makes 4 possibilities :p

11. Sam_Yeager

Sam_Yeager Another Original Geezer

How do I switch off the warnings that the game doesn't meet the HoF criteria? As an aside why does the credit screen show BTS 3.17?

12. ruff_hi

You can't via the option tabs. Try editing BUFFY.ini file under UserSettings. I am not 100% if it will work.

Code:
    [BUFFY]

Show BUFFY Warnings on Dawn of Man = True
    Show BUFFY Warnings on Settings = True

oops.

13. EmperorFool

EmperorFool Chieftain

3.19 came out when we were nearly done with BUFFY and doing play-testing. We were very cautious not to add anything that wasn't absolutely necessary during such time. I was probably overly-cautious in not fixing that nor changing the BUFFY version # to be 3.19.001 to match the mod folder.

BTW, I think I found a bug already. The whip overflow in the whip button hover (lower-right where flag usually is) and city bar hover isn't shown unless you select "Include Current Production" in the options screen. And in that case, it doesn't seem to actually include the current turn's production. The Production Bar on the City Screen works as it should (check that second box only to include this turn's production).

14. Xochipilli

Xochipilli Chieftain

Hi, I'm trying to play BUFFY in multiplayer, but the game starts with an OOS error, after that OOS errors frequently occur!
    We also have BUG 3.6 installed, mutliplayer install (third option during install). ( bug runs perfectly in multi!)
    Any ideas how to solve this ? Thanks.

15. Soirana

Soirana Chieftain

unbelievable i had nomore excuse not to play Games of the months... Great job.

While i am posting on topic Buffy has any problems/ thing needed to be done on Vista? Cause i will try installing it on laptop sometime...

16. KingMorgan

KingMorgan Chieftain

Great work, now i can upgrade to 3.19.

Thanks very much guys this has made the HoF so much more appealing.

17. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

Haven't test it yet, but I really dreamt about this (BUG/hof's son lol)...

Tx u guys!

18. Ozbenno

Ozbenno Fly Fly Away Hall of Fame Staff

If you want to submit XOTMs ot HOF games under Vista, you may have issues. If you get warning messages for valid HOF/XOTM games please look here for fixes.

19. Soirana

Soirana Chieftain

i mean buffy does not make any more than these?

20. Thunderfall

Thunderfall Administrator Administrator Moderator

Congratulations on the release and thanks to everyone involved! :) Keep up the great work! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: