Announcing Civilization Network!

:( It's true, I think that Firaxis has devoted so much towards CV that CivNet's going to be delayed. I guess that's production planning for you

*The number you have called no longer exists. Please hang up and try again.* Yeah, Firaxis isn't going to answer questions about this anytime soon.

Echoes of Sid Meier's Dinosaurs, anyone? :lol:

What was that going to be?

daaaaamn dahh.. Civilization 4 now popping out with a "social network" now in the future for facebook. It is 2011, got a city of wonder account going and still haven't seen much about this yet.

Sid, with all due respect, DON'T SCREW UP THE GAME, NO 1 UPT, NO HEXES, NO UNIVERSAL HAPPINESS! MAKE IT THE GAME WE ALL KNOW AND LOVE!!!

Sid, with all due respect, DON'T SCREW UP THE GAME, NO 1 UPT, NO HEXES, NO UNIVERSAL HAPPINESS! MAKE IT THE GAME WE ALL KNOW AND LOVE!!!

What's wrong with 1 UPT and hexes? (Note: I haven't played it yet, but it sounds good.)

Also, if you want Civ 4.5, just play BTS:p

What is universal happiness BTW?

The problem with 1 UPT is it is repetitive and tedious to move all the units and the AI doesn't no how to use it, I generally don't like hexes they seem to uncivish, and Yes I WANTED CIV 4.5! And universal happiness is all the happiness is pooled into one empire wide amount instead of individual cities, it is one of the many dumbed down things of the abomination known as Civ V.

1 UPT and Hexes sound good on paper but the execution is not satisfactory. And i'm off to play BTS right now, so there. :smug:

1 UPT and Hexes sound good on paper but the execution is not satisfactory. And i'm off to play BTS right now, so there. :smug:

I can't speak for the execution until/unless I play it. That said, most reviews look favorably on the game, so I'm more inclined to trust them than ultra-picky CivFanatics.

:shake: You gotta be kidding me Dommy. Trust reviewers that have been paid off by 2k more than your fellow CivFanatics. :shake:

We have to make a CFC team. Its my only chance of getting in as none of my friends play civ. Plus, theres no way that they wouldn't let a CFC team play.

One of the problems with CV is that the music isn't dynamic, something that I enjoyed very much throughout its predecessors. I was slightly miffed when in CIV they got rid of dynamic leaders, but I hate how in CV, there's no real era distinction. (I can't play on a normal map anyway, my game lags too much, so I have to play on the strategy map only)

I can't speak for the execution until/unless I play it. That said, most reviews look favorably on the game, so I'm more inclined to trust them than ultra-picky CivFanatics.
I think it's important to remember that more reviewers are usually not Civ experts (or experts on any of the games they review). They just get the game, play it for awhile, and then give their impression – they are likely know have some meaningful stuff to say about the game's graphics and interface, but they are unlikely to know much about the game's depth of strategy (unless it is a fairly simple game) or balance or longevity.

Top Bottom