1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Announcing Civilization Network!

Discussion in 'CivWorld - General Discussions' started by Sid Meier, Oct 21, 2009.

1. AuroraAlexis

AuroraAlexis Chieftain

Sounds interesting - I'll definately give it a go, given the chance. I'm always playing those god damned FB games. Shocking hahaha.

And yay - Sid Meier - Hellooooooo!

Anyways, I'm off to the introductions thread - just saw this thread after I registered. Ciao!

2. smackthewise

smackthewise Prince

Now can can play CIV at Home and at WORK! Will have to change my signature soon!

3. WilliamOfOrange

WilliamOfOrange King

Oh sweet!!! Thanks for this news. Sounds exciting!

4. civ_king

civ_king Deus Caritas Est

Omg omg omg sid!!!!

5. Vortilex

Vortilex Imperator Mundi

way to keep your cool :p

6. dragodon64

dragodon64 Noble

Well, it is pretty damn awesome to see the guy who inspired this site to even exist to post here. Were I of a lesser constitution, I might have fainted.

7. Healz

Healz General

I just hope it wasn't actually Sid who signed off on Civilization IV: Colonizations as it wasn't all that it should have been. The concern from that which I hope is certainly not warranted is that he is now signing off on inferior things....

8. da_Vinci

da_Vinci Gypsy Prince

@ Thunderfall: Hmm ... is it April 1 already? Is this also posted at Apolyton?

:lol: ;)

dV

9. Prodigal Son

Prodigal Son Chieftain

no.. NOO!!

10. Zaki

Zaki Chieftain

No way. (I hope)

PS I hate facebook.

11. IAM

IAM Emperor

Just like the Wizard of OZ. 'Sid' does not exist. He's just a conglomorate of moderator personalities. 'Sid' is AI.

12. Vortilex

Vortilex Imperator Mundi

Like Big Brother or Shakespeare? I think Sid's real. Wow, this may end up turning into one of those Atheist vs. Religious debates, but focused on Sid Meier rather than God :lol:

13. Iceciro

Iceciro Special Ability: Decimate

Signed up, sent invites to my civ-playing Facebook friends.

Also, I feel like this is prep for Civ V too. It's just good business strategy, why advertise a game as massive as Civ in a commercial when you can offer someone a tiny free taste on Facebook and then pull them in with the dark, powerful force of "just one more turn".

Also, Hi Sid! Post more often. You have an account now. You don't get any excuses.

14. sourboy

sourboy Awakening...

I'm on facebook daily and play or at least tried most of the popular games. I would be willing to beta-test, should this transpire.

Spoiler :

15. Gedrin

Gedrin Chieftain

16. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Emperor

John Wiley & Sons, publishers of the popular "For Dummies" series of books today announced the cancellation of their upcoming "Sid Meier's Civilization for Dummies."

17. Yonez

Yonez Chieftain

Hang on a second here. You're planning on releasing a new Civ game. That's playable on Facebook. And you can play with your friends. And it's free. Are you quite sure you've thought of the ramifications, Mr. Meier?! The world is going to grind to a halt!

18. Dom Pedro II

Dom Pedro II Modder For Life

Sid Meier has been using his evil ways to undermine productivity and the nuclear family for almost 20 years now by creating legions of Civ zombies who abandon friends, family and work in the pursuit of their "one more turn" fix... I think it's quite clear that this facebook thing is his latest scheme to extort billions from Western governments to keep him from unleash this most devastating of all his weapons.

19. Kanzera

Kanzera LOLOLOLOL

I might just get a Facebook account for this.

Oh, and I just sent Sid a friend request. Does anyone think he'll accept it? :lol:

20. Sa~Craig

Sa~Craig King

another highly addictive thing to keep me from playing real computer games i think!