Another Classic SG ...

Yes, the way this game finished was amazing, the last time I played the most advanced military units were cannons, cavalry, spies, transports and cruisers (or possibly destroyers). We were about to discover automobile when I finished playing. Shortly after this we had howitzers, stealth fighters and spaceship components :goodjob:.

I think a large map is more challenging than a small one, provided the map is modified manually - starting on a smaller island than we did this time, having some of the AI civs far away (as in this game) so they can grow huge and possibly having more ocean between the continents/islands are possible ideas. Also I wonder about additioanl restrictions I mentined earlier, for example restricting caravan/freight deliveries to one per turn.

BTW has anyone heard from the other players in this game (Andu, Kev etc.) ?

I'm good for another game as well (someone has to pull the talent level down!)

As for me -- I don't see why we should unnecessarily handicap the best players via freight limitations. We could always opt for a D+4 game.

To prevent this discussion (and a possible new game) from dying I will start a new game/thread soon. I have thought a lot about the game parameters and this is what I have in mind:

(1) D+3 or possibly D+4
(2) Barbarian wrath
(3) Large *flat* map
(4) Restarts on
(5) All of the rules/restrictions from this game will be in effect (must keep a spotless reputation, no bribing except for barbarian units etc.)

Regarding the map (see (3)) I plan on making a random map and then making several specific, manual modifications to it. The problem with this is that then I will know more about the map than other participants. I can get partially around that problem by making several maps and then randomly selecting which one to use.

It's also obvious that we need to reduce the number of turns per player far earlier than in the game we recently finished - that way everyone gets a chance to nuke the enemy civs :D.

Any suggestions (e.g. regarding new 'rules' or restrictions) are welcome before I start the game, probably 2-5 days from now.

TheViking said:
To prevent this discussion (and a possible new game) from dying I will start a new game/thread soon. I have thought a lot about the game parameters and this is what I have in mind:

(1) D+3 or possibly D+4
(2) Barbarian wrath
(3) Large *flat* map
(4) Restarts on
(5) All of the rules/restrictions from this game will be in effect (must keep a spotless reputation, no bribing except for barbarian units etc.)

Regarding the map (see (3)) I plan on making a random map and then making several specific, manual modifications to it. The problem with this is that then I will know more about the map than other participants. I can get partially around that problem by making several maps and then randomly selecting which one to use.

It's also obvious that we need to reduce the number of turns per player far earlier than in the game we recently finished - that way everyone gets a chance to nuke the enemy civs :D.

Any suggestions (e.g. regarding new 'rules' or restrictions) are welcome before I start the game, probably 2-5 days from now.

I missed this discussion when it happened, but if anything comes of this, I think I can squeeze in enough time for it again. Just send me a PM.

Nice to see this discussion has become active again just days before I visit the forums for the first time since September (or August maybe).

I was thinking of starting a new D+3 or D+4 game shortly after the previous one ended but then 'real world affairs' intervened. However, now I'm less busy than I've been since last August so I plan on starting a new game soon, probably next weekend (unless someone beats me to it).

Nice to see starlifter is back - welcome to the next D+3 (or D+4) game :)

Top Bottom