[GS] Antarctic Late Summer Patch Discussion Thread

bored.png

Bored at work :undecide:

Another update from Ed:
Also found one item missing from the patch notes. Professional Armies policy that gave unit upgrade discounts now split into two pieces initially. "Retinues" is the new second half of this policy.

So one card for gold, one for resources early, combined later. Great change - you'll probably slot both in at the same time, but takes you 2 cards now, which is a big nerf to them.

I don't think it will have too much of an impact, you'd probably only lose Conscription until the next Civic arrives but i'm glad the change has been made.

Ohhh.. gosh.. 2.1G worth of SDK assets. This has to be the long-expected Pantry stack of magic GFX resources!!
Yeah!!
:clap:

Everything else would require extensive "edits" to most current mod(s)... but luckily -- i could already check out "WorldRankings-XML+LUA" stuff & only a very minor UI fix into the Partial-Screens LUA file is needed. Soooooo, GSco_R_ow should become a really swift update.

EDIT ... Geee, that was pretty easy fast (about 20 minutes) . Already fixed my mini mod. Online & ready to roll off the sticky unique row.

Last edited:
performance seems better. I was having issues of late (the more games I played), which is kind of sad considering how powerful my computer is. I was also having issues with minimizing the screen. Now I'm just dealing with these godawful starts with Gandhi.

[SYSTEMS]

• Add secondary color to jersey selection color collision detection. Now jerseys are only considered to have collided if BOTH primary color and secondary color collide. Jerseys with similar or identical primary colors are now allowed if the secondary colors are very different
This is great :) assuming it works.
I loved the Jersey idea; but as it changed 90% of the Civ colours in game, it was annoying as hell.

[UI]

• Great Works UI: Converted system to Drag and Drop.
Oh, this too...

I just played a game as rome. And it was almost impossible to distinguish Rome`s purple units from Jayavarman VII purple/pink units :(

After getting patch I loaded my old save, and when I pillaged campus district (as France) I got science points from it, I thought that only norway can get science from pillaging and rest get gold or faith,

Does it mean that my old save doesnt use the new patch ruleset?

After getting patch I loaded my old save, and when I pillaged campus district (as France) I got science points from it, I thought that only norway can get science from pillaging and rest get gold or faith,

Does it mean that my old save doesnt use the new patch ruleset?

Districts you still will get science. Improvements you won't.

I don't think it will have too much of an impact, you'd probably only lose Conscription until the next Civic arrives but i'm glad the change has been made.

More like basically no impact, since dedicated players always save up two almost-finished civics and only keep the cheaper upgrade policies active for 1 turn.

Anyone else tried this patch in multiplayer?
Playing with a friend...and he's experiencing massive out of sync - also Civs seem to give a LOT more gold for....mundane things

Example: 20 gold per turn for 11 horses (on epic game speed)

Last edited:
Dido going to give me 11 gold per turn for 3 diplomatic favor. Anyone else getting lopsided deals. It's still very early game.

And as always, I'm always struggling for gold when playing India, when I really need it for my uu. Granted, it's cheaper by 1, but still very pricey in maintenance. I have no choice but to fight my way out of my starting situation as Gandhi. I always seem to start out with no resources that grant gold. I am thankful for the above deal, I have no choice but to take advantage of it.

Dido going to give me 11 gold per turn for 3 diplomatic favor. Anyone else getting lopsided deals. It's still very early game.

And as always, I'm always struggling for gold when playing India, when I really need it for my uu. Granted, it's cheaper by 1, but still very pricey in maintenance. I have no choice but to fight my way out of my starting situation as Gandhi. I always seem to start out with no resources that grant gold. I am thankful for the above deal, I have no choice but to take advantage of it.

They made the AI value diplomatic favor more... so now I guess they're going to give you even more ridiculous sums of gold for it than before. In other words, AI trade evaluation is as broken as ever.

Can you confirm if the double religious pressure works both ways on trade routes?

Top Bottom