[GS] Antarctic Late Summer Patch Discussion Thread

...removed Climate Change from the disaster slider...
Coupled with the nerf bat attack on coastal starts.

Yeah, Civ6 is staying on the shelf.

AI trade evaluation is as broken as ever.

Just got 9 gold per turn for 5 diplomatic favor. Hard to turn this down, need to support Varus. Yup, it's broke regarding diplomatic favor at least.

Can you confirm if the double religious pressure works both ways on trade routes?

I'll try. Need to get a religion first. I should be able to. Most likely will get 5th religion. I'm concentrating on expanding right now. Gonna have to do it the Varu way.

So what's the verdict on the modding tools update? Just all the missing art assets but no real new modding tools otherwise? Do we think *this is it* in regards to what the devs said during a livestream about new modding tools coming out after the GS launch?

Oh.. they DID work on the SDK (ModBuddy + WorldBuilder + many other features) assets.
I just updated my own GSco_R_ow mini-mod in just barely 20 minutes!

From what i could see.. even the default properties were adjusted for most patch contexts. One must_repair factor would have been the GS/Compatible/Check and it's there.. soooooo, Modding tools are going along very well and i doubt they're done with enhancing that aspect too.

People need to understand one important thing -- Modding is side candy for Firaxis, better for them to focus on the Game Itself. While *we* always can manage the essentials as proven by formal results from the past, even recently.

Mali: Nerf the Mali + City-State + Democracy Combo/Exploit. Democracy is now a 15% discount on purchases with Gold.

So instead of fixing this, they just nerf Democracy (and I guess Mali) too.

Well gg.

I mean, what were they going to fix, it was working as intended and this is one way of addressing concerns about the highest possible stacked discount. Democracy is quite powerful regardless.

After getting patch I loaded my old save, and when I pillaged campus district (as France) I got science points from it, I thought that only norway can get science from pillaging and rest get gold or faith,

Does it mean that my old save doesnt use the new patch ruleset?
Correct saves are not patched, verify by hitting esc key and hover mouse over numbers @ bottom it will give you games tech info including version, map seeds etc. 1.0.0.314 is new patch

Last edited:
Dido just offered me 11 gold for mutual open borders. Yeah they need a hotfix.

also fyi: upgrade cost from archer to crossbowman on epic speed is 375 gold.

Last edited:
Another update from Ed:
Also found one item missing from the patch notes. Professional Armies policy that gave unit upgrade discounts now split into two pieces initially. "Retinues" is the new second half of this policy.

So one card for gold, one for resources early, combined later. Great change - you'll probably slot both in at the same time, but takes you 2 cards now, which is a big nerf to them.

This makes the Classical Republic government a liability when it comes to upgrading units in the medieval era as it has just a single wildcard slot for military policies.

• Grievances/Warmongering: Changing Grievance calculation (and Warmonger in base and XP1) to treat cities taken offensively during a Defensive Pact/Suzerain War/Emergency War as if taken during a Formal War (now generates Grievances)

Well, here goes an exploit...

Jesus… :)

As this was not commented yet: ¿do you think they have gone now too soft on switching jerseys?.

Now I can see both Japan and canada as White-Mid red and White-Dark Red in the same game. Or (modded) Chandra Light Aqua-Dark Purple along Monty Light Aqua-Dark Red. I think it is welcome they took the secondary colors into account, but maybe they should have been more broad in what becomes similar.

Edit: oh.. just saw nzcamel post... I actually liked some civs changed colors in a game (after modded to a set of colors I liked for each, that's it ;) ).

[SYSTEMS]

• Add secondary color to jersey selection color collision detection. Now jerseys are only considered to have collided if BOTH primary color and secondary color collide. Jerseys with similar or identical primary colors are now allowed if the secondary colors are very different
This is great :) assuming it works.
I loved the Jersey idea; but as it changed 90% of the Civ colours in game, it was annoying as hell.

Oh, this too...

This makes the Classical Republic government a liability when it comes to upgrading units in the medieval era as it has just a single wildcard slot for military policies.

That's a good thing though, Classical Republic needed a nerf since it was usually a no-brainer choice unless you're going full warmonger or using some unconventional playstyle.

Can you confirm if the double religious pressure works both ways on trade routes?

I'm really not sure how to verify any of this actually. The UI seems limited in this regard. I don't understand why I have no religious pressure towards Tamar. I admit this mechanic I'm not that familiar with. I seem to have religious pressure with Dido even though she founded a religion (so did Tamar).

see image below:
Spoiler :

edit:
On the flip side of the ridiculously generous trade deals, Tamar offers me 1 whole single gold piece for 30 horses. Granted, she's unhappy with me, but that's going the extreme the other way.

edit: Another change is civs that are unhappy with you are demanding gold every few turns now...

Last edited:
I'm really not sure how to verify any of this actually. The UI seems limited in this regard. I don't understand why I have no religious pressure towards Tamar. I admit this mechanic I'm not that familiar with. I seem to have religious pressure with Dido even though she founded a religion (so did Tamar).

see image below:
Spoiler :

edit:
On the flip side of the ridiculously generous trade deals, Tamar offers me 1 whole single gold piece for 30 horses. Granted, she's unhappy with me, but that's going the extreme the other way.

edit: Another change is civs that are unhappy with you are demanding gold every few turns now...

It's definitely working for your own cities. Normally it's 0.5 a turn, but they all have 1.

Also, it's possible the pressure might work with her routes to you. I know when I send traders to foreign cities with another religion, I'll get pressure from them on my route. In theory, if Tamar sent you a route she'd probably get 1 Hindu pressure (maybe 2 if it's a holy city, I'm not sure of the numbers.) What I don't get is why you're not getting Tamar's religion as pressure when you're trying to send this route.

Search function is great. Researched iron working. Typed iron and instantly found all 4 tiles on my continent with iron.
New pins are also very helpfull. I dont think the wonder pins are necessary do. It takes more time finding the right icon then typing it with keyboard.

Top Bottom