1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Antarctic Late Summer Patch Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Aristos, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Duuk

Duuk Doom-Sayer Supporter

...removed Climate Change from the disaster slider...
    Coupled with the nerf bat attack on coastal starts.

Yeah, Civ6 is staying on the shelf.

2. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Warlord

Just got 9 gold per turn for 5 diplomatic favor. Hard to turn this down, need to support Varus. Yup, it's broke regarding diplomatic favor at least.

I'll try. Need to get a religion first. I should be able to. Most likely will get 5th religion. I'm concentrating on expanding right now. Gonna have to do it the Varu way.

3. Smity2k1

Smity2k1 Chieftain

So what's the verdict on the modding tools update? Just all the missing art assets but no real new modding tools otherwise? Do we think *this is it* in regards to what the devs said during a livestream about new modding tools coming out after the GS launch?

4. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

Oh.. they DID work on the SDK (ModBuddy + WorldBuilder + many other features) assets.
    I just updated my own GSco_R_ow mini-mod in just barely 20 minutes!

From what i could see.. even the default properties were adjusted for most patch contexts. One must_repair factor would have been the GS/Compatible/Check and it's there.. soooooo, Modding tools are going along very well and i doubt they're done with enhancing that aspect too.

People need to understand one important thing -- Modding is side candy for Firaxis, better for them to focus on the Game Itself. While *we* always can manage the essentials as proven by formal results from the past, even recently.

conorbebe likes this.
  5. Archon_Wing

Archon_Wing Vote for me or die

So instead of fixing this, they just nerf Democracy (and I guess Mali) too.

Well gg.

6. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

I mean, what were they going to fix, it was working as intended and this is one way of addressing concerns about the highest possible stacked discount. Democracy is quite powerful regardless.

7. BK*

BK* Chieftain

Correct saves are not patched, verify by hitting esc key and hover mouse over numbers @ bottom it will give you games tech info including version, map seeds etc. 1.0.0.314 is new patch

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
  8. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Warlord

Dido just offered me 11 gold for mutual open borders. Yeah they need a hotfix.

also fyi: upgrade cost from archer to crossbowman on epic speed is 375 gold.

9. Kwami

Kwami Warlord

11 Gold, or 11 Gold/Turn?

Pietato likes this.
  10. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Warlord

sorry, wasn't clear. 11/per turn.

Spoiler :

11. NukeAJS

NukeAJS Chieftain

This makes the Classical Republic government a liability when it comes to upgrading units in the medieval era as it has just a single wildcard slot for military policies.

Icicle and Trav'ling Canuck like this.
  12. leandrombraz

leandrombraz Chieftain

Well, here goes an exploit...

WillowBrook likes this.
  13. Josephias

Josephias Chieftain

Jesus… :)

As this was not commented yet: ¿do you think they have gone now too soft on switching jerseys?.

Now I can see both Japan and canada as White-Mid red and White-Dark Red in the same game. Or (modded) Chandra Light Aqua-Dark Purple along Monty Light Aqua-Dark Red. I think it is welcome they took the secondary colors into account, but maybe they should have been more broad in what becomes similar.

Edit: oh.. just saw nzcamel post... I actually liked some civs changed colors in a game (after modded to a set of colors I liked for each, that's it ;) ).

14. Takfloyd

Takfloyd Chieftain

That's a good thing though, Classical Republic needed a nerf since it was usually a no-brainer choice unless you're going full warmonger or using some unconventional playstyle.

Icicle likes this.
  15. KrumStrashni

KrumStrashni Chieftain

Seems like there are no UUs in the assets again. Have you guys checked?

16. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

Hmmm... the Aid Request has suddenly become... tough.. the AI is finally going into 1ks on Prince level...

Jkchart and WillowBrook like this.
  17. criZp

criZp Warlord

could just have added a limit to how much of a discount you could possibly have, instead of nerfing something that noone ever complained about

18. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Warlord

I'm really not sure how to verify any of this actually. The UI seems limited in this regard. I don't understand why I have no religious pressure towards Tamar. I admit this mechanic I'm not that familiar with. I seem to have religious pressure with Dido even though she founded a religion (so did Tamar).

see image below:
    Spoiler :

edit:
    On the flip side of the ridiculously generous trade deals, Tamar offers me 1 whole single gold piece for 30 horses. Granted, she's unhappy with me, but that's going the extreme the other way.

edit: Another change is civs that are unhappy with you are demanding gold every few turns now...

19. Kmart_Elvis

Kmart_Elvis Chieftain

It's definitely working for your own cities. Normally it's 0.5 a turn, but they all have 1.

Also, it's possible the pressure might work with her routes to you. I know when I send traders to foreign cities with another religion, I'll get pressure from them on my route. In theory, if Tamar sent you a route she'd probably get 1 Hindu pressure (maybe 2 if it's a holy city, I'm not sure of the numbers.) What I don't get is why you're not getting Tamar's religion as pressure when you're trying to send this route.

20. RohirrimElf

RohirrimElf Chieftain

Search function is great. Researched iron working. Typed iron and instantly found all 4 tiles on my continent with iron.
    New pins are also very helpfull. I dont think the wonder pins are necessary do. It takes more time finding the right icon then typing it with keyboard.