[GS] Antarctic Late Summer Patch Discussion Thread

Civs
  • Phoenicia: Fix non-capital continent bonuses moving properly for Phoenicia (additional checks).
So relieved. It was a fun mini-game to try to move the capital before the continent wonders/cards, but now it's far more flexible.

Yeah, so, trade deals are completely broken right now. One AI is willing to give me 25 gpt for open borders. All AIs are willing to give me decent gold for 10 Iron, but only 1 gold for 20 Iron. The AI that's willing to pay 25 gpt for open borders is also willing to pay ridiculous sums for luxuries, 10 Iron, etc. Completely broken.

The gold per turn vs. flat gold thing seems broken, too. I can get 20 gpt or 10 gpt and 43 gold. It doesn't make sense.

Let's hope for a quick hot fix this time!

How in the world did this happen? Did they not test their trade deal fix to make sure it was actually fixing it and not completely breaking it?

All around awesome patch otherwise, although it does make me concerned about other potential fixes being buggy as well. I'm just concerned that the game is not actually worth playing in it's current state and I have no idea how soon a hotfix is actually coming. They let a lot of other bugs stick around until their patch.

The map search is so incredibly good it greatly enhances gameplay. Now I can search for improvements, relevant districts and resources with ease.

How in the world did this happen? Did they not test their trade deal fix to make sure it was actually fixing it and not completely breaking it?

Trade been problematic since Civ VI launched, my guess is that there's something inherently wrong with their trade system that make it hard to properly fix, so we get a lot of these fixes that fix but not really.

I was concerned when I read they RAISED AI value of Diplo favour. I was anticipating they would lower the value, since diplo favour deals already felt like a cheat if you are not going for DV. The rest does look good though, although I miss a nerf for Rock Bands...
The broken trades are a major bummer to me. :(
I'm finishing my current game in offline mode and stay tuned for a hotfix... Or a mod but I tend to avoid mods changing those things... :undecide:

all u need to know about "fixed" trade deals
ancient era, epic speed
Spoiler :
20190403095505_1.jpg

Mildy interesting minor change: Hungary's green-red color scheme was changed to green-orange. This is now completely ahistorical but I guess, quite understandable, as the green-red combo was neither colorblind-friendly, nor aesthetically pleasing.

A color pass was made on some leaders. Afaik, Scythia, Zulu also had their colors changed, America did too.

Can someone confirm that the Aid Emergencies Calculations are.. off? The AI has suddenly become VERY strong at it. I think the CO2, like in the Climate Accords is adding onto the score. Because the AI has a very high score, and I even became a target for it and it seems certain AIs are generating A LOT of score.

Last edited:
ancient era, epic speed
I've gotten such even before the patch (not sure if epic speed makes any difference).. AI will pay through the nose for luxuries when they are at war and suffering from war weariness and rebellion.

Is mvemba getting hit by several other AIs?

A color pass was made on some leaders. Afaik, Scythia, Zulu also had their colors changed, America did too.

Can someone confirm that the Aid Emergencies Calculations are.. off? The AI has suddenly become VERY strong at it. I think the CO2, like in the Climate Accords is adding onto the score. Because the AI has a very high score, and I even became a target for it and it seems certain AIs are generating A LOT of score.

Personally I'd guess they've just started actually sending gold, which is far more efficient in every way than running those wasteful aid projects. I previously won every aid emergency simply by doing absolutely nothing until the last turn, then sending 1500 or so gold. Poof, instant victory, and this after the AI has wasted dozens of turns of production on aid projects in many cities.

Has anyone completed a game and noticed the AI has won quicker, or gotten closer to victory?

(A line in the patch notes was "improved leader victory preference weighting.")

Mildy interesting minor change: Hungary's green-red color scheme was changed to green-orange. This is now completely ahistorical but I guess, quite understandable, as the green-red combo was neither colorblind-friendly, nor aesthetically pleasing.

Thank god, I couldn't read their city names when playing the game on my tv sitting about two meters away.

I've gotten such even before the patch (not sure if epic speed makes any difference).. AI will pay through the nose for luxuries when they are at war and suffering from war weariness and rebellion.
Not in the earliest eras though? From mid-game onwards yes, they tended to agree to something excessive like this and even more, but I doubt I saw deals in dozens of gpt in the Ancient.

ancient era, epic speed
And the saddest part in this is that the trade deal length still does not scale to the game speed, resulting in situations that on slower speeds selling luxuries to AI for a lump sum is the way to go as it is more profitable in grand total than gpt: you can get more in a lump sum payment, if AI has the cash, than in gpt over 30 turns, it is like AI throws you interest upfront on top of the deal. Normally (like on standard) you get smaller lump sum amount than gpt total over 30 turns, but already this can be very profitable, if you can buy some building or a trader earlier and start generating yields 20-30 turns earlier, but as things with the non-scaling deal lenght are now, you get even more upfront. It is pure madness.

Three years later:

Kongo: Now correctly is awarded benefits from Founder beliefs.

I guess better late than never. Overall, good patch, a lot of things fixed from GS and before, still a lot more remain. Trading seems even more of a mess now though, I'll probably wait for a hotfix.

Personally I'd guess they've just started actually sending gold, which is far more efficient in every way than running those wasteful aid projects. I previously won every aid emergency simply by doing absolutely nothing until the last turn, then sending 1500 or so gold. Poof, instant victory, and this after the AI has wasted dozens of turns of production on aid projects in many cities.

I'm making +600 gold per turn thanks to an Aid Request i'm target of. The whole Gold Per Turn REALLY pushed things . This is probably where the gold is coming from (in other news, were we always able to Send Gold Per Turn for Aid Requests?)

Has anyone completed a game and noticed the AI has won quicker, or gotten closer to victory?
(A line in the patch notes was "improved leader victory preference weighting.")

That is not how this works.
Some leaders got an extra trait that makes them more scientific oriented or religious etc. In this trait there is a preference for a victory type included.
This preference means that the victory strategy will activate when LESS conditions are met, i.e. is easier to trigger.

Top Bottom