Any must have mods yet?

RRtexasranger

Warlord
Are there any really great mods that do some neat things with the Civ 5 engine yet, or at least in the works?

Plenty, many... and a few more.
Read this for a quick overview. Click Browse Mods within your games for a complex list of specific items. Search for terms like Balance, Economy, Eras, Diplo, Techs, etc.
Look below for some of mine which do NOT alter the gameplay Engine though.
And, we're not done yet.

nothing really big yet, because the modding tools for Civ V are f**** up big time and propably won't ever be fixed.

Moderator Action: This is a family friendly forum, as such we do not allow swearing here, please read the forum rules before posting.

There are a lot of ones I can't play without. But those are mostly based on my personal preferences on how to play the game.
The only one you MUST have is Info Addict. It gives you all the information your missing. Complete demographics of every civ, a better diplomacy menu, and graphs. Lots of graphs.

InfoAddict, Balance, Happiness Adjustments, Tech Enhanced Improvements, Mod list.

Must haves? City-State Diplomacy makes diplomacy a lot more interesting by making diplo actions far more expensive so that more effective diplomatic units are used for diplomacy. This means that allying with city-states across the world early on is difficult until the later, faster diplo units are created which makes things far more interesting than simply buying out city-states.

The Balance Mods are great if you don't want to change anything too much. The Call to Power mod and Grace's History in the Making II are very fun.

I mention Alpaca's Play With Me mod here :)
(a complete re-thought of the game)

I use it together with City-State Diplomacy mod and WhatWouldGandhiDo mod

I don't play anymore without Thal's Balance Combined Mods. They were very easy to find in the Mod Browser (search for Thal) and I feel like they take care of almost all of the concerns I had about production, growth, build times, building usefulness, etc. Much more the game I was hoping for in the beginning.

Top Bottom