Anyone else notice this? Trading posts available with Guilds tech

As one who rarely does Trading Routes or Trading Posts on Immortal/Emperor (except for puppet spams), I won't miss them. That's quite a switch from the early release.

I love this honestly, In a lot of games the worker strategy was just TP > TP > TP > TP.

I'm wondering if what the value will be for them now though, like if they'll just be +1GP from the start, or if they might have their old value of +2GP since they come later.

ITs pretty simple if you have a city with a lot of extra resources like cheap ,cows , weat and on grasland you just wait to improve the grasland and go to guilds.. The other extra food can be used for production early on after that go focus on gold and start building trading posts

It doesn't look to me like Markets come earlier, they are still at Currency, which still has the same prereqs it has in Vanilla.

You're right. I thought things had been rearranged more, but I was wrong.

On a sidenote, with the Classical era expanded and a lot more prereqs early on, Medieval seems to be harder to get to, so I can foresee scenarios where you have completed Liberty or Tradition but you can't open up Patronage or Commerce yet.

But more importantly, you won't see Liberty->Rationalism/Freedom by turn 100 anymore either. Some other policies will need to be taken before that point, which ups the costs for a Rational/Freedom cheese tech build.

Exactly. It incentivizes getting a religion and getting it before other civs. If you start in a money-poor location, you're going to want to get on that religion trail to make up for it.

<cough>Plantations</cough>

heh.. who would have thought you might actually need to WORK those luxury tiles? :mischief:

As one who rarely does Trading Routes or Trading Posts on Immortal/Emperor (except for puppet spams), I won't miss them. That's quite a switch from the early release.

Isn't that silly? I usually net at about 150 gold for tall empires and maybe 400 gold for wide empires in the modern era.

I'm glad there doing this. It'll put more emphasis on rivers and strategy. It is currently pretty easy to get gold int he early game. It'll add more complexity and make more in depth decisions. It'll make city placement matter even more.

I'm admittedly not all that great a player, but it doesn't seem to me like it's a huge issue. As it stands, it just seems like trading posts came far earlier than you can realistically use them aside from puppet cities.

That early in the game, my cities generally need mines, farms, or resource-specific improvements. Not to mention roads. While I certainly add some Trading Posts once a city is large enough to be viable as it stands, it just seems like that takes so long that pushing back unlocking the posts wouldn't actually affect me.

Are you guys seriously building trading posts before economics guys? What a waste of tiles.

I'm glad there doing this. It'll put more emphasis on rivers and strategy. It is currently pretty easy to get gold int he early game. It'll add more complexity and make more in depth decisions. It'll make city placement matter even more.

Oh yes! And making markedplaces a better choice before building universities. Now it's too good to go education before currency. Education is also further nerfed by needing one more prereq. and by losing it's two grand wonders.

I love the developers, they know what they are doing for sure. Don't worry about that, lads and ladettes.

Are you guys seriously building trading posts before economics guys? What a waste of tiles.

Oh yes! And making markedplaces a better choice before building universities. Now it's too good to go education before currency. Education is also further nerfed by needing one more prereq. and by losing it's two grand wonders.

I love the developers, they know what they are doing for sure. Don't worry about that. lads and ladettes.

We don't know everything yet, but Currency now seems to be a prereq for Civil Service, which probably still is a prereq for Education. Which leads, if I count it well, to 6 extra prereqs for Education.

We don't know everything yet, but Currency now seems to be a prereq for Civil Service, which probably still is a prereq for Education. Which leads, if I count it well, to 6 extra prereqs for Education.

Even better! :)

Yeah. It seems like we're drawing a line between players who build loads of TPs and those who just don't.

Myself, I play on King/Emperor and I almost never build trading posts in my own cities (the exceptions being jungle tiles, and puppet cities). I never have a problem with gold, and tend to rely on trade routes and luxuries (as well as selling stuff to AIs :p) for most of my income.

Yeah. It seems like we're drawing a line between players who build loads of TPs and those who just don't.

Myself, I play on King/Emperor and I almost never build trading posts in my own cities (the exceptions being jungle tiles, and puppet cities). I never have a problem with gold, and tend to rely on trade routes and luxuries (as well as selling stuff to AIs :p) for most of my income.

I never play single player, only multiplayer games in the No Quitter group, so selling luxuries to the AI isn't an option. Money can be harsh to come by since we often play without ruins as well. Even so, I don't build trading posts, just a few on spots where I will use them later... but I seldom work them before economics. I seem to be OK with the cashflow after marketplaces are built, and perhaps even the Wall Street, but it can be hard enough, since I prioritize production and growth 100%!

Isn't that silly? I usually net at about 150 gold for tall empires and maybe 400 gold for wide empires in the modern era.

I agree with Buccaneer and Luckystrike77. Although I play single player, my focus is on production and growth. As long as I have some river tiles, I am unconcerned with gold and don't lay down trading posts. If I happen to start in an area that is river free, I will usually pick one city to get my early economy up and runniing. In that case that one city will get trading posts. I will then shoot for some early gold producing buildings and wonders to compensate.

BTW, without laying any trading posts in my empire, I can usually get the same gold count late in the game, and I get killer priduction.

Top Bottom